Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Coming in hot...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TRUE TALES of the PIT BULL SPECIAL - flown by the legendary Junker lass Miss Paddy.

Was tracking through Bering in my cool as Pit Bull Special when I get hailed...
"Hey, Junker... want to make a quick buck?" says the freelancer.
Well, I am a Junker lass so I was in... who wouldn't... so long as it was a legit deal.
"Sure! Whats the load?"

"Pull into Freeport 2 and meet me in the bar"

Sidled up to the bar and found they didn't have any Junkers Joy. So made do with a Sidewinder Fang. And we got talking...

"Xeno relics - 5000SC a piece. Interested?"

Now me being a sensible junker girl is gonna ask the question... "Why so steep?"
"Hard to come by these days... price has gone up to 13800 on Manhatten. Its a legit run, and the Libertonian authorities let them through... maybe a little bribe to turn a blind eye. You know how corrupt Liberty Police are".
"Hah! You're telling me. Got pulled over by one once, and bought him with a donut... best bribe ever!"
The freelancer asks, "We got a deal?"

Well, I knocked him down to 3500 SC per relic, which was magnanimous on my part... but I didn't have the time to quibble over an already tremendous price. And I set off. Took the scenic route through Bering, Texas and the JH to New York system. Scanners revealed one or two civilian ships, and a LN patrol by Baltimore.

Took the cautious route and climbed above the Badlands and set a straight course 30k above the plane to ManH. Once vertical over Trenton I drop the nose of my PB Special went in hot. Flying full tilt to the moorings when bang! 12k out got struck by an ionic storm. As we all know pilots stop as there is no instrumentation to fly by when hit by those storms. About 5 minutes or so it was over,

Started into overdrive and just 10k from docking. To my horror there were three cops in heavy fighter waiting... that (son of unmarried parents) freelancer set me up! It was a stitch up. I was told to cut my engines and dutifully complied for I am a good girl...
They were gonna slam me for the load and demanded I pay 60million credits would you believe. But I aren't dumb... they would have taken the credits then shot me down, selling the relics on the sly. I pleaded with them, I sweet talked them, perhaps 50/50? No such chance.

Then the countdown... and I prayed... (OK it the first time for everything alright?)

A miracle! A massive ship missed the moorings and crashed into the atmosphere distracting the cops. In a flash I engaged full speed on thrust. I charged and smashed into two of the fighters blocking my path to the moorings. CD's fired in abundance 3k to go! Bang! Down went my shields, quick reset 2.5k to go. Again the cops fired their shield busters, and it looked dire... 1.5k out and no more bats n bots. I had faith in my Special...

Badly damaged I kept hitting the hull repair button on my console and... NAILED IT! I came in hot pressed the dock key and perfect precision timing escaped... with a grin a mile wide!

Hah! Not a peep from those cops... they were probably red faced as could be. And I made a cool 40million profit.

Now... how do I get out of Manhatten without being seen.