Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right. I've installed Windows 7 on a testbed machine, running a AMD Athlon x2 6000+ Black Edition at 2.7Ghz, 2 gigs of OCZ PLatinum DDR2, and an EVGA nVidia GeForce 7200GS PCI-e Gfx card. I will be doing some unofficial testing of the beta (namely: Will it run FL, and how well; also "Does setting the clock back 20 years actually work")

I will update this as I work on it.
I can't see why it shouldn't, from what I hear (not know) Windows 7 is pretty stable, even in Beta.

Still, I wait in hope.:)
This reply is being made with IE 8.0.7000.0 running under Windows 7 Beta build 7000. This version of IE supports Snippets, or whatever they call it. Select something and send it to web services direct. Very cool. Google Translate is one of mine now. Still does not highlight typos. May be something in the options that isn't enabled by default.

Comes with an all-new vesion of Paint! This one does PNG as a default instead of Bitmap! MS has WIN there.

Link to screeny:
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/Ji...ey/Windows7.png

Windows 7 also uses an entirely new form of taksbar. Instead of those space hogging bars with the window name, it merely uses a square with the application's icon on it! Things that are pinned to the taskbar stay there, like IE. Hovering the mouse over them pops up a miniature of the app window, just like Vista.

7 has a MUCH less invasive version of UAC. Only asks when installing something or other high-risk actions, instead of EVERY. FLIPPING. TIME. YOU. DO. SOMETHING.

P.S, I hate this keyboard.

EDIT: New results: Windows 7 will NOT run Alcohol 120%. This is annoying.
Boss, I think there's one thing on the minds of everyone here. One question that's on the tips of our tongues.

The question is, "Does it run the bleedin' game, or not!"

;)
' Wrote:The question is, "Does it run the bleedin' game, or not!"

I think I'm gonna leave you all hanging for a bit longer.:)

Reason: Have to install it first >.>

I can't find my CD, or else I'd have been there and done already.

Also, seems I can't activate mah Beta. Sucketh.

EDIT: Windows 7 has issues with Daemon Tools. This makes me mad.
You defile the forums by not fulfilling your purpose. Begone.:lol:
Freelancer works perfectly fine on Windows 7 (Beta ver.7000):)
' Wrote:Freelancer works perfectly fine on Windows 7 (Beta ver.7000):)
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

No Vista-esque problems?
also, some of the program issues you're having could be the result of oh...the programs not yet supporting Win7... just a thought there.
Mwerte makes a good point. It's also stil a Beta, so some issues could be resolved before the final release.
Pages: 1 2 3