Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't really know why I thought about playing Discovery again. I used to play it a little bit a while back but I don't really remember doing that much. I was probably too apprehensive about RPing. I still am, really.
I have played the game quite a bit in the last week or so, nearly 20 hours apparently. Mostly I've just been trying to make money and coming up with ideas on what I'd even like to do in the game. I've encountered a few other players but not many, so my RP skills are probably still pretty poor (sorry to that Liberty guy I met, I just didn't want to RP that day tbh).

I've got about 180 million credits, and I feel like I could have a good stab at setting myself up for any job really. My plan was to buy a 5k cargo ship first, but I wasn't 100% on how IDs worked with them. I also wasn't sure if the Titanic was a better choice than the Train but I tried them both out on singleplayer.

I also took a little bit of time to do another character and shoot down some GRN ships in Edinburgh. I guess being Scottish, I was also kind of sad that Edinburgh and Orkney were some of the first systems to fall to Gallia. I thought of doing an Edinburgh Liberation Movement to try and free the system, or at least slow down Gallic advancement. But I guess that would be basically Mollys 2: Edinburgh Bugaloo, and maybe take away some of the Gaian Guard's limelight in the system? Maybe I could do it in Orkney, but there isn't any base of operations that would make in RP sense to do something like that. Probably better to join an existing faction instead, though, right?
At least there is Inverness. I could have sworn their use to be a Lewis system too?

I also thought of doing a train service of ferrying passengers between 2 set points. I don't ever remember seeing a faction that would take large numbers of passengers on short journeys, just Cruise ships? I probably just missed something. Might be kind of boring, thinking about it though.

And then I'm sure everyone and their dog has had the idea of being a neutral explorer that goes into the outer regions of space. I still think it would be cool to try and complete the Nav Map and RP something for each system/major planet or station. Just wouldn't know what ship or ID to use. Corvo seems like the obvious choice, but I originally thought of using a luxury liner because it more closely reminds me of the Enterprise-D. Not so sure about that one yet, or if it is even worth it.

Anyway, I'm sure not many people read these posts. I have done a lot of RPing before, although little of it was live RPing. I'll kick about the factions list and see if there is anything that I think is cool - that seems like the right way to do it.

TL;DR Scrub
Welcome! It's great to have old people coming back into the fold. Feel free to add me on discord if you need any help anywhere.
Welcome back to disco. Nothing wrong with just flying around and trying out different things until u find where u want to be, and what u want to do. Took me a while to find my calling here, but glad I did. Met some great ppl, made some friends. Hit us up on discord, especially if u need on the fly help. Given that ppl are from different time zones and Real life situations. Not always easy to check forum.

Most discord servers have indie chats and help sections. We all looking for fresh blood to join factions. But if that isn't ur thing and just want to go indie, we still here to help.
Welcome back!

Just a quick note on your idea of transporting passengers:

Some factions would consider transporting any large amount of passengers in a cargo ship Illegal human smuggling. If you want to try out your idea without getting hassled inRP, it's best to use a Liner ship.

Happy Flying!
Welcome to the community. Try getting into some RP, it's good fun.

My advice? Take that 180 mil and put into a ship that you like the look of. 5k supertransports are all well and good but they aren't always the nicest to be staring down the ass of as you haul stuff around. Just about anyone who loves transports has a bison. Plus it just got re-re-mastered with sharp textures.

If you really want to have some fun exploring, get yourself a jump drive.

Look me up if you ever need coordinates.
(03-14-2019, 08:26 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Plus it just got re-re-mastered with sharp textures.

It did? That's news to me, considering I'm definitely the first person who remastered it. Did someone re-re-master it while I was asleep!?

Jokes aside, I generally agree with everything Ash has said in his post.