Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Holidays in the Discovery Universe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It isn't particularly fleshed out what public holidays/events are celebrated in the Freelancer Universe.

Assuredly there'd be a day of remembrance/holiday (depending on your point of view) for Gallic Reunion Day. We know Von Rohe's day is its own celebration in Rheinland, although it's probably coloured by politics at this point. We don't know when Von Rohe's day is.

Liberty likely has its own version of veteran's day and every house likely celebrates the end of the Nomad War. Then you've got Gallia and Bretonia that would celebrate Jubilees for their monarchs. Crayter likely celebrates the rediscovery of their Sirian brothers. Then you've got small scale things; the Unioners celebrate the 8th of November yearly as the signatory date of the Unionisation Concordat in 025 AS.

What holiday can we imagine/flesh out? They could be a good premise for little micro-events.
Perhaps us Junkers would have a day of remembrance for Trafalgar...
I would imagine Crayter having a day of rememberence for First Exodus and the day they got driven from Tau 44 and the day they regained Tau 44 probably. And also the day they arrived at Coronado. Maybe also the day Yuma colonised?
Liberty Rogues had these days every single day in a year.

Jokes eh, cannot really think of anything serious. Probably GMG would celebrate the day it gained its independence.
Sakura Festival coup in 321 AS, of course
Sakura Festival, Reuniting of Kusari, Probably a slightly adjusted day in Liberty, remembering the end of the Nomad War. In the Order perhaps a day of honor for Trent. Rheinland as mentioned the Von Rohe day. Bretonia? For sure the Queen's B-Day! But besides this? I suppose cultural days like we have nowadays would still play a role.
Oh and Coalition surely makes a nice propaganda day about the date the first Tempest was finished!
Honestly, If we do make irp holidays a thing, I would rather have them something that would result in ingame drama. Such as the memorial of some sort of war, such as the sigma conflicts, where a disgruntled group can stir the pot a bit with an attack.
(03-15-2019, 09:47 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, If we do make irp holidays a thing, I would rather have them something that would result in ingame drama. Such as the memorial of some sort of war, such as the sigma conflicts, where a disgruntled group can stir the pot a bit with an attack.

That's what I'm hoping. Seasonal events are really good for a community, especially when coupled to seasonal loot.
We used to have quite a long ongoing RP of Sairs having Dia de los muertos as a holiday,
though quite different from the real world thing.
Pages: 1 2