Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Blackfriar.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 119a.png][Image: 3.png]

Blackfriar here.

Earlier this day, Spyglass Scanner has reported several unidentified vessels in Magellan system. Mister Largo, mister Thackeray and myself have decided to investigate. Upon arriving on scene, we have spotted four vessels using the call-sign "AE|" and a Corsair vessel. The vessels were not showing any hostility towards us, nor towards the Corsair, so we decided to investigate. According to them, they were preparing an ambush for passing Gaul vessels, expressing hatred towards them. Our interrogation was swiftly put to a halt as both Hellfire Legion and Liberty Navy arrived to the scene. The Legion immediately engaged and forced us to retreat deeper into the Barrier.

During the engagement, the group of four previously mention vessels did show their true face. They repeatedly offered Hellfire assistance in fight, and have shown eagerness to join a fight against us. It seems that the group is oblivious to the fact that Lane Hackers are a force not to be reckoned with.

Proof of allegiance

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
...Interruptor.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]
Buonasera, Professor's and all

Whilst skirting Alberta to avoid a high concentration of HF and LN/LSF ships in the area I came across the following "neighbours" that may be of interest.

[Image: G1rAFqM.png]

[Image: n3MCmMu.png]

I hope this information is of use.

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

...uploading.data...

Blackfriar here.

This is a report of my recent actions. In order to press towards the completion of Deadliness criteria, I have relocated my fighter craft deeper into the Liberty. Upon arriving into Pennsylvania system, I have found several mining vessels operating within Ralston Ice Field. I have used them as a bait to attract Navy and Police patrols. My ambush was successful, as I met a Navy shortly after the encounter. The vessel opened fire immediately, but it was no match for a Lane Hacker and his destruction ensued. I have also stumbled upon a Universal Shipping Mastodon hauling Copper ore. I have ordered him to stop and hand me over a piece of his profit, but instead, he decided to thrust towards the nearest base and call for back-up. The Navy cruiser has arrived shortly after, but it was too late.

Proof of baiting
Proof of identification
Proof of destruction
Proof of identification
Proof of destruction

Shortly after, I have received a message from Professor Yoshida informing me that there's been a sighting of a Navy vessel in Alberta system. I have decided to investigate and plotted the course towards Alberta. While traversing New York system, I have stumbled upon a Kruger vessel. The individual was extremely cooperative - a trait rarely seen from a trader. Few moments later I was 500,000 Universal credits wealthier and back on the move. My arrival in Alberta system was not pleasant, as I attracted various kind of scum on my tail. Two Liberty Navy fighters, a Bounty Hunter and a Corsair. The Hunter decided to attack, but his skill was no match to me. He broke off, and one Navy pilot decided to assist. I have decided to make a tactical retreat and I moved towards Ontario Gate. My first attempt at breaking the pursuit was a Shieldcruise around the Gate. It was fruitless, so I decided to test their smarts by doing a Feignscape. Believe it or not, the fools took the bite and both of them jumped! I have managed to cruise back to Airdrie for repairs.

Proof of identification
Proof of extortion
Proof of encounter

After the repairs, I have returned to the site to find only one Navy vessel remaining. He was eager to fight, so I gave him a good one. Mister Malprave arrived on scene of the battle, but he decided to give me the honors of a duel - which I won.

Proof of identification
Proof of destruction

My last encounter happened shortly after. I have received a distress call from mister Yoshida, saying mister Malprave and him are under attack by Navy. Upon arriving to the scene, I have found out that they are under attack from a Security Force Agent and a Navy pilot. As I joined the fray, the attackers decided to retreat, and after a long exhausting chase around Concord, we have managed to destroy one. The other one, out of fear, has docked. Sadly, in the heat of a battle, I have forgotten to record the attacker's identification.

Proof of engagement
Proof of destruction

...uploading.data...

Blackfriar here.

In addition to our recent fleet-wide upgrade, I have decided to make one to my personal fleet as well. My current transportation vessel is not up to Lane Hackers standards. Nasty, rusted and primitive Pilgrim Liner might be something a foul-smelling Rogue would be appeased with, but a Hacker requires a luxurious vessel worthy of his status. The decision was clear; "Shukensha" Renzu Luxury Liner, a perfect exhibition of a person's wealth. The vessels offers luxurious pleasures worthy of a true gentleman - a lifestyle every Lane Hacker strives for.

With the guidance of Professor Yoshida, I have decided to take a first step towards acquiring this marvelous vessel. As the Professor suggested, I have contacted one of Hogosha operatives in space and arranged a meeting. The Hogosha Association is indeed a prime choice for this task - their relations with the Kusari lawfuls can be beneficial to procurement of the vessel.

Upon arriving at the meet point, I have been awaited by a Hogosha representative; mister Hebishima of the Takarabune Conglomerate. After formalities and a display of appreciation from my side, we have moved straight to the point - procurement of the mentioned vessel. Mister Hebishima has exceeded my expectations with the statement that procuring this vessel is not a problem for them. As he explained, the problem lies within the fact that he cannot simply hand over the vessel to me. The transparency of the business deal would damage Hogosha's reputation within the Kusari government so a covert op is required, to divert the suspicion and culpability away from both the Hogosha Association and us.

To put his mind to ease, I have pledged to solve this issue, along with a complication of moving the vessel back to Liberty. To accomplish this feat flawlessly, I will prepare a more detailed plan of action in my next report.

...Interruptor.Stefan.Pomerov.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 118a.png][Image: 2.png]

Professors and my fellow Colleagues

I have come to report on a certain member of the Conniving, Sniveling, Conspiring Patsies of the Liberty Police Force.
Here I am just minding my own business traveling through the New York System with a cargo hold full of what makes us Lane Hackers FAR Superior than those lackies. Then all of a sudden, one of those patsies, going by the name of LPI-David,Anderson, decides to fancy himself up at "attempt" to arrest me.

Not knowing of our elite skills, the fool challenged me in his Very Heavy Fighter to take out my lonely Bactrain Freighter.
He eventually soon found out.

Comm Report

...Interruptor.Maximillian.Largo.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 74a.png][Image: 2.png]

Greetings to the Professorship and to my fellow colleagues.

I'll make this report shorter than usual: I received an assistance request from Professor Yoshida in Kansas, and made my way there, only to be informed by mr.Blackfriar on the Mactan.Interceptor that all fun was over - a real pity that I couldn't arrive sooner.

Nevertheless, we tried our luck against a lightly armored, anti-snubcraft-loaded Liberty Gunboat squawking LSF identifications located nearby the local Copper Storage Center. Needless to say, the Little Squeaky Fiend hoodlum was easily discombobulated by our combined and superior firepower - in addition, I forward this kill towards the completition of the Deadliness criterion.

Shortly after the aforementioned encounter, mr.Blackfriar attempted the extortion of a nearby DSE miner, which had refused to pay. Of course, the corporate weasel was disgronified by mr.Blackfriar himself.
Largo's Black Box Recording Wrote:[25.02.2018 12:27:55] Death: Liam.Pell was put out of action by LH~Mactan.Interceptor (Gun).

This is all for now.
Salutations,
Maximillian Largo

...Infiltrator.Blackfriar.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 119a.png][Image: 4.png]

Blackfriar here.

Our most recent encounter with Defilers did not go well. Their raiding party has appeared in Shikoku and promptly engaged the Kusari Naval Forces. Our arrival was was not well timed, as the bloodshed already begun. The casualties were numerous, but they were the necessary evil - the Defilers have retreated, uncovering an Anomaly deep within the Saiun Cloud. A passage to their home system has been discovered, but also - more mysteries. A never-ending battle of two factions within the system - The Defilers and the Pioneers. While the primal source of their hatred is unknown, we do know that arrival of Kusari fleet shifted the balance greatly in favor of the Pioneers, forcing us to react. Our sympathies have been shown towards the Defilers, and with a promise of everlasting gratitude, we have started a business deal.

Proof of Kusari fleet movement
Proof of encounter

Furthermore, I am reporting on a successful hit on two targets. The first encounter happened as I received a call to arms from Professor Hunter. As I arrived to the scene, she was surrounded by three lapdogs. The engagement was imminent, resulting in death of two officers - one exterminated by Professor, one by me. The second hit was ordered by Professor Yoshida as he was threatened by a Pirate vessel in Kansas, taking his cut off the miners. The assassination was a success.

Proof of destruction - LPI
Proof of destruction - Pirate

My last last patrol has resulted in extortion of a corporate vessel, an Universal Shipping Mastodon. It was my third attempt of his extortion, as during both of the first two I had been attacked by a Liberty Security Force agent and a Navy pilot. As they say, third time is a charm.

Proof of identification
Proof of extortion

...uploading.data...

Blackfriar here.

Today I have decided to move further into Liberty territory and hit New York and adjacent systems. During the time, I have destroyed few vessels, along with extortion of several more. It was a dark day for the Liberty corporations, indeed.

My first encounter was with a Deep Space vessel hauling Copper ore, a Mastodon-class supertransport. After a meager donation of 5 million credits, he was free to go. On his way back, he was accompanied by a friend who "had no time for me". Sadly for him, I had all the time in the world.

Proof of identification
Proof of extortion
Proof of identification
Proof of destruction

Another transport appeared shortly afterwards, this time it was Universal Shipping Mastodon. He got what he deserved. As I moved back into California, I have met another Deep Space vessel, yet this one was extremely uncooperative. Perhaps next time he'l think twice before trying to fool me.

Proof of identification
Proof of destruction
Proof of identification
Proof of destruction

As there was enough of bloodshed for a day, I went easy on the next two. A Deep Space miner and a Bretonian trader made me wealthier for 8 million credits.

Proof of identification
Proof of extortion
Proof of identification
Proof of extortion

...Interruptor.Maximillian.Largo.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 74a.png][Image: 2.png]

Greetings to the Professorship and my colleagues.

Today, along with mr.Pomerov, I commanded a Lockdown operation within the Colorado system. We set our ships at the third set of rings, respectively, of the trade lanes headed for Denver and Pueblo. It has been quiet for a while, then we saw a small Sunburst hauling Xeno pilots, squawking Police transponders. When we halted it, he kept going for the New York gate, and jumped. Pomerov and I broke in pursuit, and I managed to land a SNACK on the dull-witted lapdog. Mr. Weisen joined us shortly after, and we decided to move to New York. While on the way to Weisen, the latter managed to interdict and extort a DSE cockalorum. However, the Navy lapdogs interfered, and had to call the operation off, deemed a success nevertheless.

The Navy flunkies were so daring to follow us within the Badlands. Since we were outnumbered, we decided to call a tactical retreat to California through Texas. Entering California, the Spyglass Scanner detected a vessel called RNS-Flandre, Valor battleship. We managed to stop it in Magellan. It was heavily damaged, and since the captain was uncooperative and opened fire on us, we retaliated - however the Gallic flunky managed to dock the vessel at the nearby Battleship Betheny. We then set course to Mactan to call this a day.

I add that Mr.Weisen transfered some pilots to the Mactan.Interrogator while at it.
With this, the last criteria I needed for my promotion to the rank of Deceiver - Command - is completed.

This is all for now.
Salutations,
Maximillian Largo

...uploading.data...

Blackfriar here.

The week has been extremely busy and I have participated in countless actions, yet only three of them are worthy of mention. First and foremost, the Hogosha deal I mentioned in one of my reports[1] has succeeded.[2] The Hogosha Association contact has proven to be exceptionally capable and despite the minor delay, have prepared flawlessly. Mister Hebishima of the Hogosha Association has succeeded in redirection of one of Renzu vessels towards the Bretonia, on alleged cruise duty. Mister Weisen and I have prepared a false ambush[3] in the Tau-29 system under the disguise of common Pirates and intercepted the vessel. Just as the vessel was passing trough the system, an unfortunate fire started in their engine compartment, forcing the crew to evacuate. As the boarding party landed, they found ship intact, unlocked access, and even a manual on ship's functions waiting for them. They took the chance and moved the ship deeper into The Barrier, mooring it on Barrier Gate Station.[4] After minor modifications of ship's transponder and masking signatures, I have personally moved the ship deeper into Liberty.

[Image: sgLsFho.png]

Professor Yoshida has decided to test my capabilities of performing a successful "Baiting" technique. Our target was a Ille-de-France transport traversing Kusari. I have contacted him over emergency channels, imposing as an Gallic Royal Intelligence officer in distress. The loyal servant of the Crown took the bait, and moved towards the place of distress. Professor Yoshida has sprung the trap, giving the transport no chance of escape. After the successful mania-interrogation, the subject has made a quite interesting statement concerning his opinion on the Gallic Crown.[5] Not to return to base empty handed, we have extorted a larger amount of Food. [6]

Last, but not least, I report of a minor skirmish in California system. The Spyglass scanner caught Liberty Navy patrol around Planet California Minor, so I have decided to investigate. One of the officers was not careful enough, so he was turned to scrap within the first minute of engagement. The second shown resistance, but it was futile. Third officer arrived to the scene, only to see destruction of his colleague. Enraged from the sight, he aggressively attacked. Where two of his colleagues failed, so did he. My vessel was the only one to leave the scene of battle in one piece.

Proof of identification #1
Proof of destruction #1

Proof of identification #2
Proof of destruction #2

Proof of identification #3
Proof of destruction #3