Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...{Initiate}.{Julius Krest}.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: vertical-portrait-krest3.png]

Good Evening,

After my successful escape I have been working on earning some small credits moving Cardimine shipments between the Rogues and the men of Mactan. With the credits I have earned so far, I have been able to fix up my "Bactrian" to a more suitable level in case any problems arise while moving more shipments.

Today however, while I was traversing through New York, I came upon Mr. Ambrose, who seemed to be on patrol. I decided to assist him in his endeavors of extortion, but we had very little luck in finding anything of note, until a Universal Falcon, callsign "TCL|Sentinel-2" fell in front of us. After being down on my luck I took the opportunity to vaporize the corporate lacky and from there headed back to Mactan. Due to my actions I believe I have met the criteria for Determination. Relevant attachments below.

X X

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
...Fixer.Yoko.Kayabuki.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 142a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Due to the increase in Cardamine trade currently, I deployed into space in the Badlands, finding a Rogue Scylla. They informed me of a fire going down in California which I swiftly went towards.

A rogue was engaged by bounty hunters and police units, with disruptors fired at me as soon as I arrived. Interestingly, I also noticed a Xeno engaging the bounty hunter yet leaving the rogue alone. More rogues arrived to assist in the brawl and the foes began to drop one by one. The Xeno left peacefully after the bounty hunter was killed.

Ingeniousness

Interestingly during the fight and afterwards, I noticed one of the rogues having one of our ships. Knowing how we are with our technology I figured I should submit a notification of it. Details can be found in the Mission Archives.

...Master.Assassin.Raphael.Drake.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 144c.png][Image: 4w.png]
[Image: 13w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 40w.png]

Enlightenment

"Shigeakiki"

A stimulant substance provided for us by the Gen'an cell of the Golden Chrysanthemums. Following the description provided by Ikeda Yume a Gen'an member.

Quote:t is a combat stimulant that temporarily increases the capabilities of the uses. Among its effects are increased adrenalin levels, heightened senses, and the suppression of pain and emotions. All effects last roughly an hour.

Shigeakiki also has some minor and more serious side effects. Let's start with the major side effects. this stimulant puts a big strain on the body, so excessive use can lead to neurological damage and heart failure. This is why restraint is necessary while using it. We recommend taking at least 8 days between each dose. Cardamine is an ingredient in the mixture, so addiction to it is a second side effect. We added that as a security measure in case a shipment gets captured. Another minor side effect is because it stimulates the nervous system to heighten the senses, that light sensitivity is a real issue. Most uses require darkened visors to not be burdened by the light.

Testphase:

Following the "instructions" I took two units of "Shigeakiki" with me around Liberty - I couldn't test it with regular pilots I had to search for someone who would be more than equal to me which isn't that easy. However, I gave up looking for a stronger opponent and simply tested the substance in a situation against the odds. The first fight was easy and the adrenaline kick felt very exciting and good - returning to Buffalo my body calmed down and I had the feeling of faint. I saw this just as a 'first-time' side effect and gave it two other attempts. After the second one, my body adapted more or less to the side effects and I had no troubles after using it, however as Ikeda Yume mentioned 'light' was an issue my eyes were simply overloaded by the simple light sources inside the station and it kinda felt like back in the day when I was just starting to consume Synthetic Marijuana. The third test was a bit more interesting, I am not a doctor or a scientist but my body was quite sore after the flight and I had trouble with my attentiveness. After landing on Buffalo apparently, I passed out and I woke up in the medical station. I think that my body is simply too 'old' or already used up by my regular consumption of Cardamine and other 'hardcore' drugs.

Conclusion:

After testing "Shigeakiki" I came to the conclusion that it will be best for us that we do not rely too much on combat stimulants or 'boosters'. I agree that the substance has its benefits but the amount of time between every single dose is too large as it would be commonly used by any Warfare operator as we have to operate to the highest of our capabilities all the time and a 'boost' every eight days is not really a bonus. I think we won't need it and I think Warfare Professor Wolfe will agree with me on this case.

Outcome: I will set up a message to the Gen'an Chrysanthemums and explain how and why the Lane Hackers at least the inner circle will not use Shigeakiki and we will refrain from ordering more of it.

This is all for now.

...Operative.Goldfinger.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 165a.png][Image: 2.png]

Good evening.

I have been enjoying a drink on Mactan, when I got a small little notification by our Spyglass Network about increased movements by various entities around Hudson. Took a trip down to Texas, reminded me about the chaos surrounding Bering I've read about in our database.
With the Rheinland Civil War over and everything, I got curious what the Unioners - seeing as they were once something like a business partner to us - were up to.

Long story short: I've made my way to Bering and stumbled upon a "Hel"-class Cruiser in close proximity to Pacifica.
Turns out the good sir on the other end was more than willing to tell me how the Unioners have fared since Gunda Rhiel disappeared.
Briefly said, their new leadership was even more incompetent and at some point around the end of the Rheinland Civil War signed a letter of forgiveness offered to the Unioner movement by the Rheinland Government. Consequentially, they appear to have lost or disassembled all of their warships of Rheinland Military origin. Furthermore, the movement crumbled into splinter groups. The commanding officer of the "UN]-Black.Arrow" is the new Direktor - namely a certain James Hollywood - of a group that refused the truce with the Rheinland authorities and engages into their usual activities of the pre civil war era.
For a detailed conversation log, please look at the attached file.
I feel like this meeting here - given our current hostile stance towards the Unioner movement - can be seen as valid fulfillment of the Espionage criteria.

Mister Hollywood showed interest in re-establishing contact with the Lane Hackers and the Professorship.
If the Professorship deems me worthy, I wish to request to handle this matter personally in pursue of fulfilling both the Barter and Diplomacy - or in case the Professorship does not wish to re-establish contact with the Unioners on a business level - in pursue of the Subterfuge and Infiltration criteria.

...Initiate.Anton.Murik.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 174a.png][Image: 1.png]

Its quite funny that from a software developer, who worked over Ageira Software products and had a decent salary to mindlessly spend his life and money I turned into a hauler of kidnapped bourgeois and a drug distributor. Life is strange - couldn't imagine a few days ago I will become this, then everything changed in a moment. Nevertheless, I am doing my part now.

The Goldfinger helped me with getting familiar with some more discreet routes, barely visited by anyone but Cardamine smugglers. Also explained me some basic things I lacked knowledge of, its a lot to think about, but the time is not a problem during travels to Malta and back. Slowly getting used to wild space with minimal human presence, its beautiful out there. Even met a few Outcasts on my route, but they weren't particularly communicative.

The Bactrian is a good ship but its first and foremost a combat ship. Its not enough for travels on long distances so I had to use it last powers to gain a coin for more suitable Dromedary. One is mine now, still second hand but this time coming from the Zoners what gives it a little bit more reliability. Had to switch its operative system from proprietary but pirated to an open source one: now I'm sure no one will spy after me, everything is right before my eyes. Although using a different GUI is making me struggle but just a bit, I'll get used to it.

...Initiate.Anton.Murik.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 174a.png][Image: 1.png]

This was rough. The Liberty Navy never had particular manners but this guy is an embodiment of it. Dating with a "terrorist" near Rochester and having something to a passing by Cardamine merchant! Hahaha, I swear they didn't expect me to appear near them but so neither did I, Anyway, our guys helped me to bring the shipment to Manhattan, all good and I hope they are safe and sound now too.

The Navy guy has a point, though: the ship's polarization is spiking, causing micro-ion storms around me. While giving a certain advantage similar to a cloaking or rather a jamming device, it also dropping combat capacity of my ship to minimum. I should figure out how to fix it, before it played against me.

...Initiate.Jack.Marshall.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 168a.png][Image: 1.png]

This has .. not gone as I thought it would. I knew running from Ageira would change my life, but to actively participate in a life of less-legal means is something I hadn't entirely foreseen. It seems Ageira's roots run deep through Liberty. I've had run-ins with the Navy, flunkies on their 'holy crusade' against anything that doesn't conform to their way of thought. Several encounters with various Interspace folk, from smallish freighters to the bigger transports, most of them ran as soon as they caught a glimpse of me on the scanners. Sadly this freighter isn't made for hunting them.

The questionable, though lucrative, work of supplying both our allies with 'fresh' workforces and the import of 'required materiel' weighs heavily on my mind, but I've found that one hit of Cardamine a day keeps the conscience at bay.

...Initiate.Jack.Marshall.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 168a.png][Image: 1.png]

Cardamine hits are one thing. Cardamine hits while riding a wave of adrenaline so high everything else pales in comparison, indescribable! Like I knew what my opponent was thinking before they did it, unbelievable. Taking a break from ferrying 'personnel', I decided to see what I could find out in Magellan. Almost as soon as the lane dropped from the sequence, an Interspace transport appears. I remember thinking, that this was a bad day for me. This target might be more than I can chew. Almost immediately, the pilot tries to run. A well-placed CD stopped that attempt dead in its tracks. Realizing I was alone, and there might be others traveling the lane between Cordova and Manchester, I directed the pilot of the transport to follow me, and he wordlessly complied.

Arriving at our destination, a random point in space far enough from the traveled routes to ensure some privacy, he start complaining and attempted to buy me off. Sticking to the protocols we'd been taught, I ordered him to drop half his cargo. Upon his refusal, I decided to ensure that I wasn't an easy target and stayed mobile, and after a short discussion he decided he was going to fight to try and escape. Dodging his relatively slow turrets, I was able to whittle his shield down, as well as eat into his hull before he surrendered and agreed to drop his cargo.

Since my little Dagger wasn't going to be able to carry all these resources, I quickly dispatched them and sent the corporate flunk on his way. I hope this'll be enough to prove to the Professorship that I am serious. Attached are the comm logs.

My heart is still hammering in my chest, but I survived and am better for it.

...uploading.data...

[Image: 165b.png][Image: 2.png]

Good evening.

It has been a while since I last checked in, spent my time mostly somewhere between Mactan and Alcatraz, then assisted one of our Initiates with routes through Kusari. Figured I check back in with good news, I cherry picked me a good amount promising subjects from the Bounty Hunter Guild over the time. Today, Master Assassin Drake was kind enough to assist me with their transfer to Mactan. This should tick the box for Relentlessness.

Find below here the attached visuals and radio logs:

That is everything for the moment.

...uploading.data...

[Image: 165b.png][Image: 2.png]

Good evening.

I'm reporting in after another fruitful, yet somewhat uneventful day.
I've acquired me a cheap but reliable "Mammoth" from our third-party sources. Figured it deserves a prolonged maiden flight.
I might have overdone it, however this means I've travelled across Sirius in order to fulfill the Industrious criteria in one go.
Find below here the attached visual proofs:

Additionally, I have found a relatively new installation within Magellan during my travels. This particular base is seemingly operated by an independent group and specializes on the production of high-tech, high-value products such as cloaking devices or hyperspace beacons.
The information attached below should suffice to tick the box for Mission 63, Phase I, which means also tick the box for Reliability.

This is all for now.