Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Initiate.Anton.Murik.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 174a.png][Image: 1.png]

The struggle continues. After a crushing defeat in my attempt to retake control of one of the patrols and the subsequent destruction of my shuttle, I barely escaped in an escape pod, which I managed to disguise as a piece of junk from Detroit Debris Field and flew deeper underground, where I was picked up by one of the Rogues smuggling convoys. For a couple of credits the stinkers dropped me off at Rochester and from there I had already managed to get out on my own and somehow make it to Coronado. I'm here now, waiting for the replacement for the lost freighter to arrive in the Rhino I ordered.

Just keeping you informed, you know.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
...Fixer.Franz.Oberhauser.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 141a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Good day my fellow Hackers,

it feels good to be back, and I'm already reporting some progress.

Ruthlessness

While I was busy convincing a DSE lapdog to lay down his work and become something better, I managed to take some credits from two Interspace vessels hauling Iridium Ore into Liberty. This should finish the Ruthlessness part.

Espionage

When I got rid of a Navy Pilot trying to take me out, I got chased into the Badlands by a Freelancer Gunboat Captain who got paid by the Navy to take me out. Luckily he was not able to continue his hunt into the badlands. While closing in for Buffalo, I spotted a Outcast Fighter using our technology. I decided to take a look at our archives, and honestly, I can't find any agreement between us and this Outcast group that would allow them to use our equipment.

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3

I suggest we get into contact with this group and deal with it without any hesitation.

That would be all for now.

...Master.Assassin.Raphael.Drake.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 144b.png][Image: 4w.png]
[Image: 13w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 40w.png]

Subversion, Ruthlessness

Drake here.

Just handing in my records of last night. Oberhauser and I intercepted an Interspace transport in California. The man behind the controls was smart enough to pay us some credits. I hope this report gets processed rather quickly. This is all for now.

...Operative.Goldfinger.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 165c.png][Image: 2.png]

Evening.

Apologize my sudden absence, however before my disappearance I reached a deal with the Rogues. Our Assassins and other by chance successful combatants may once again claim shot down vessels on their bounty board for a nice little bonus. Find the deal attached here: Striked a deal. On the note of the deal, a reminder that I deem it just appropriate to give them an equal treatment in regards of our Job Board.

Regardless, this should easily fulfill the Barter criteria.
I will spend a couple of days more away from action, just so you know.

...Professor.Provocateur.Vladimir.Scorpius.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 3c.png][Image: 65w.png]
[Image: 13w.png][Image: 24w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 43w.png]

It has been too long since my colleagues received a proper guidance from leadership. I will be stepping up back from the shadows to enable you to reach your talent heights and go above what you believe is possible. Neither corporate lackeys nor incompetent professors will be able to stop your progress in reminding Sirius of our capabilities.

...Initiate.Liz.Krest.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 172f.png][Image: 1.png]

It seems I did earn the Inner Circle's trust after all. To those of you that I haven't yet met on Leiden's Lounge, I am Elizabeth Krest, commonly referred to as Liz, and it has been my goal for the longest time to make it into the Inner Circle. Hopefully I'll be able to prove my worth to you before dying. [Liz chuckles, breaking her serious tone momentarily but quickly composing herself afterwards.

Getting to the subject at hand of this transmission, I have a message towards the Professorship regarding the completion of the following promotion criterion; Determination.

During my earlier endeavors to reach Amarillo Base I was followed by a pest; Durable, Bounty Hunter in affiliation. I didn't think I'd have to fight someone in that barely equipped Grizzly of mine, but the pest wasn't willing to cease following me. I gave him a valuable lesson in the subject of interrupting Lane Hacker business.

[Identification]
[Takedown]

...Fixer.Goldfinger.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 165c.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Good day everyone.
It has been a small while.

Who would have expected that a stroll for potential corporate targets ends up with me bumping into a vessel belonging to the Gallic military intelligence service? These Gallics are peculiar individuals, I must say. Although, unexpectedly amateurish too.

The Gallic pilot admitted that the "Gallic Navy Security Bureau" attempts to evaluate the capabilities of the Liberty Navy to aid the Bretonians again in the case of a renewed Tau conflict. A realistic reason as to why they send spies into Liberty space, at least. Judged by the words of the pilot, they are extremely unsuccessful in their endeavor and possess a very limited amount of details on the current status of the Liberty Navy. Noticeable was their interest for the Ontario system - seemingly hoping that "criminal elements" there would occupy the Navy quite significantly. They seemed very disappointed to hear and see that it was abandoned. Additionally, the Gallic Union seems to indirectly partake in the Insurgency campaign by sheltering Insurgency refugees within Gallic space - namely Planet Quillan in the Languedoc system. How credible this statement could be is questionable, to say the least. Unfortunately, if it is the truth, I sincerely doubt it holds any proper value to us at this point and time.

Instead of disposing of the Gallic vessel after it already shared that much, I have signaled the possibility of "selling data" to them instead. The Gallic agent already faced the - in my opinion - most important issue with this possibility and failed to find a way to answer it themselves: How could they compensate us appropriately for such a massive chunk of data?
A partial or full-scale evaluation of the Liberty Navy's capabilities to project power in foreign territory would require immense work, it's reliability would be considerably influenced by the availability and credibility of our sources and naturally could never reach 100% confidence. However, I am convinced it would find itself a wide array of customers. Far beyond the Gallic Union.

It is now my question whether the Professorship considers it worth our time to bother contacting this "Security Bureau" and see what they would even offer us to begin with or should we merely dispose of Gallic spies?

Below you find the full transcript for the sake of clarity.
This is all for the moment.

...Fixer.Goldfinger.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 165c.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Hello again.

Following the whole mess surrounding the Gallic vessel and a beautiful calm evening, I jumped into my newest acquisition and departed from Montezuma.
I stumbled across two modular installations in Magellan shortly after. Neither of which so far received proper attention by fellow Hackers. I took a little detour to investigate them. As such a little detour practically is part of our standard missions, it should cover the Reliability criteria. Please find attached the full report in our mission archives:

>>Entry#132<<

That is all.

...Operative.Liz.Krest.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 172b.png][Image: 2.png]

Reliability

I believe my most recent entry on the mission archives regarding Pennsylvania Freeport, a modular installation I detected in Pennsylvania, suffices for the aforementioned promotion criteria.

...Operative.Liz.Krest.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 172f.png][Image: 2.png]

Espionage

I came across something very discerning during my return to Cochrane today. As I made the jump to Ontario from California I spotted a hostile signature on my scanners, FRS-Roanoke. I approached the vessel to investigate and noticed the Xeno Alliance's leader on my scanners, XA-Cobra. I quickly realized I barged into some sort of meeting between the two as Cobra was very keen on getting me to evacuate the vicinity, but I did manage to catch a glimpse of the hostile vessel I initially spotted and I could successfully identify it as a Xeno affiliated Liberty battlecuiser.

[Image: guncam1.png]

I set my course to Cochrane and cruised as fast as my bomber allowed, but Cobra was on my tail and there was no shaking him. Guiding him to the base was not an option so I slowly made a natural-seeming turn towards the Colorado jumphole and I almost managed to make it there using the asteroids as cover but the countless cruise disruption missiles fired at me by the Xeno eventually found their mark.

During my engagement with him, the FRS Roanoke re-appeared on my scanners, possibly curious to see the outcome of our fight. An exciting fact for me as I knew this would be my chance to approach the battlecruiser in hopes of getting some proper scans. Slowly but surely I was making my way towards the capital ship, employing various tactics in my turning and afterburner usage to ensure that neither of my opponents would understand that my focus was not the ongoing engagement, but closing the distance to the battlecruiser so my inferior sensor's scanning range can finally get a good glimpse of that ship.

[Image: guncam3.png]

[Image: guncam2.png]

[Image: guncam4.png]

After considerable effort, I got the scans I so required before succumbing to Cobra. Thankfully, rescue crews from Cochrane got me back home in one peace. The same cannot be said for my Transgressor, which needs substantial repairs before being combat-ready.

Upon examining the scans I got, it would seem like the Xeno battlecruiser is most likely of Insurgency origin, provided its equipment. I advise cautious further investigation on the matter.

Communication logs:
Code:
[27.12.2022 14:53:49] FRS-Roanoke: E: Hey.
[27.12.2022 14:53:59] FRS-Roanoke: E: Hmh, some unwanted visitor.
[27.12.2022 14:54:07] LH~Krest: Well ain't that interesting.
[27.12.2022 14:54:23] XA-Cobra: First and final warning.
[27.12.2022 14:54:40] FRS-Roanoke: E: Why they always say the same stupid line?
[27.12.2022 14:54:42] XA-Cobra: Stay on your side of the system.
[27.12.2022 14:54:42] LH~Krest: Very interesting indeed.
[27.12.2022 14:54:59] XA-Cobra: For posterity sake.
[27.12.2022 14:55:03] LH~Krest: *Chuckles* I would if you let me.
[27.12.2022 14:55:18] XA-Cobra: Why would I do that?
[27.12.2022 14:55:33] XA-Cobra: A corpse and debris serves adequately.
[27.12.2022 14:56:43] LH~Krest: Wonder if I disrupted anything important.
[27.12.2022 14:56:50] XA-Cobra: Not particularly.
[27.12.2022 14:56:50] LH~Krest: Would be a damned shame if I did.
[27.12.2022 14:56:53] XA-Cobra: I just don't like your sort.
[27.12.2022 14:57:02] LH~Krest: Feeling's mutual.
[27.12.2022 14:58:11] LH~Krest: So we're having it, huh?
[27.12.2022 14:58:25] XA-Cobra: That's how it goes.
[27.12.2022 14:58:33] LH~Krest: Let us have it then.
[27.12.2022 14:58:35] LH~Krest: Good luck.
[27.12.2022 15:08:25] Death: LH~Krest was put out of action by XA-Cobra (Gun).