Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Master.Assassin.Raphael.Drake.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 144d.png][Image: 4w.png]
[Image: 13w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 43w.png]

Subterfuge

Esteemed Professors and colleagues.

After successful negotiation with Freelancer "Mark Reynolds" I've managed to convince him to bring us 4.000 units of Cardamine to our outpost in Galileo. All further details can be read here.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
...Deceiver.Adrian.Malprave.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 9b.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Eating croissants for the last five years has made Mr. Malprave's purse a shadow of itself. Like an empty shell longing for an owner, or a dried desert well waiting for rain, it screamed and howled in agony a sad song of emptiness. I heard it and being a deeply empathic creature consumed by the urge to help, I've decided to help myself and execute several import and export operations.

Industriousness

Ruthlessness

With the reduced number of unfortunate lackeys from the Liberty Corpovillains required to pass the ruthlessness criterion, I humbly ask you to consider the job as done based on my historical records outlined in the attached reports and recorded in Mactan Network.[resource 1][resource 2]

Without any regrets whatsoever,
Adrian Malprave

...uploading.data...

[Image: 9b.png][Image: 3.png]

Mr Malprave has something to report.

Relentlessness

Recently I've been looking for the meaning of life. I have found it. It's 42. [resource]

Insidiousness

A brain-impaired freelancer somewhat loosely linked with Ageira Technologies met his end while carrying Ageira Whiteboxes in Kyushu. Ageira Whiteboxes met their end too.

Adrian Malprave

...uploading.data...

[Image: 9a.png][Image: 3.png]

Beloved and eternally enlightened Professors,

A humble supplicant of yours, the name's Malprave, requests certain privileges. While he's undoubtedly unworthy of such a favor, the circumstances require that you use your prerogatives and look favorably on your servant. I need three things.

Request 1: Diplomatic Archives Access

I've started an investigation concerning a certain individual utilizing the transponder designation "Caliban" [resource]. Some time ago in Kepler, I came across something one could describe as a fight between ex-lovers, an Order agent callsign Empress and the aforementioned person of interest. While the exact details seem elusive, there seem to be links between the Order, Empress, Caliban, and Auxesians. I need access to all recorded diplomatic exchanges with Auxesians in order to gather some background. I also ask for permission to open a communication channel with the Order to request further information. It appears the individual operates around Kepler and I think it is important to assess its threat level as well as any possible opportunities linked with his presence.

Request 2: Logistic Archives Access

The coded message I have received on Professors Hunter's coterie internal network originates from Alberta vector and is signed under transponder designation "Sarcophagus". Since a simple keyword search does not yield any results in our archives, I require access to logistical logs and archives. Knowing Professor Hunter she did not leave any direct traces, but it should be possible to detect anomalies within the supply shipments and orders. Maybe this way it will be possible to learn more.

Request 3: Prototype Weaponry Allowance

I need access to the prototype weaponry in order to take full advantage of the re-training program. Five years of hauling croissants and frogs have dulled my capabilities as a reliable combat pilot.

Adrian Malprave

...uploading.data...

[Image: 9c.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Dear Professorship,

Adrian always wanted to do an internship in the psyops department...

Enlightment

I really, really wanted to spread some propa... I mean enlightenment to folks of Liberty. But I was always too lazy for it. So I decided to utilize our AI mainframe to help me. Here are the results. [resource]

Adrian Malprave

...Initiate.Viper.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Sabotage

Esteemed Professors and colleagues,

Few days ago, I met a Barge vessel belongs to one of DHC groups called MFN|Neuss. The barge was near Texas Jump gate and trying to flee from New York, At once, I stopped him and we made a quick deal, he gave me Five million credits to let him go in peace.

Log.

Viper out.

...Initiate.Koskov.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Greetings, honorable Professors!

I am reporting with news of my very first activities as a member of your organization. After acquiring a Dagger light fighter I indulged in patrolling the Texas system for potential contributors to our cause. The scanners picked up a signal close to planet Houston and even with increased police activity I decided to roll the dice and try to intercept. The target was a simple freelancing miner who was most cooperative. Having discussed thoroughly the corrupt evil behind Liberty's machinations and the glittering effect of the new polish applied to my Hellfuries, the poor miner was entirely convinced that supporting our strife is the only way out of this situation. I sent him on his away and vanished from the sector, returning to the shadows of the Grande Negra...

All in all, it was a quick job, nothing too special. I will spend today's hours on preparing for the infamous hacking test and I will contact you again when completed.

Koskov out...

...Operative.Koskov.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: default.png][Image: 2.png]

Koskov here.

Esteemed Professorship,
I am contacting you from a very sensitive location, which I cannot disclose at the moment. In short I was hunting down a Liberty Navy transport, but due to my accomplice's utter negligence we were ambushed right in the heart of the New York system. While making my escape I miraculously stumbled upon a battered, yet functional station and docked immediately.

Industrious
Otherwise, today was busy on all accounts. Before I ended up in the New York fiasco I embarked on a smuggling mission to Vogtland base in Dresden, bringing them a batch of counterfeit software from Leiden. Much to my amazement there were no blood diamonds available, so I took back Side Arms to Mactan. From there I continued on a fairly easier route to Tomioka in Tottori where I delivered Black Market Light Arms. In return I took back to Mactan Neodymium . In general I keep up to the guidelines for smuggling operations as expected, however I did notice some discrepancies with regards to availability of various commodities. Therefore it is my belief that our database should be revised and updated and if required I will personally involve myself with this matter.

Relentlessness
Upon completion of the smuggling assignments that I set as goals for today I invested the acquired funds in purchasing a Bayonet and set out to patrol the Virginia system, which turned out to be infested with Xeno scum. A few hours later I managed to down a few dozen ships and their respective pilots were promptly delivered to the destroyer Insidious for interrogation.

Subversion, Awareness
Using the Spyglass Network Scanner as per instruction I managed to identify the trading pattern of a very peculiar trader. This in turn allowed me to conveniently intercept him in Magellan, make my demand and receive subsequent payment for my troubles. Additionally I took the liberty to update this vessel's status in the Mactan Network.

As the trader was cruising in to the distance I received a distress call from the vessel known as "Birdie". Together we attempted to ambush a navy shipment between California and Texas, but alas we were not quick enough. The convoy gained some heading and I called off the pursuit. The captain of the Birdie, however was immensely stubborn and uncooperative, which eventually led him to over commit and fly right in to a trap. His gunboat was shredded by a swarm of fighter craft and there was nothing to be done about it. Therefore I initiated a protocol of evasive actions and escaped in to the debris field where I found save haven.

I am going to stop the transmission for now, it is becoming too dangerous to continue broadcasting on this frequency. Additional information I will relay over the DSCRD high encryption channel once I get to Mactan.

Koskov out.

...uploading.data...

Koskov here.

Esteemed colleagues, once again I am hacking in to report my daily activities.

Subversion, Ruthlessness
A total of three transports were thoroughly extorted today.

1) The captain of the Iron Maiden is still quite busy on his supply route through the Magellan system, but more importantly he is quite cooperative as well when asked to support our goals.

2) Next, I picked up two unknown signals from the Spyglass scanner from the Cortez system. After a short patrol I stumbled upon one of the targets: a DSE tagged vessel . Being a crony of DSE, the respective pilot was handsomely extorted . On the footage I am providing you can also notice a second ship incoming, obviously his accomplice.

3) As a member of Cryer I wouldn't have taxed the pilot so harshly, but working in tandem with DSE was enough for me unleash a flurry of demands resulting in a subsequent payment of equal value.

All relevant info of aforementioned contacts has been promptly updated in the Mactan Network database.

Industrious
Having satisfied my daily goals for extorting the insidious corporations of Liberty, I ventured in to deep Outcast space and gathered a large portion of Cardamine for our needy brothers and sisters back home.
On the way back I was kindly invited by an Outcast to visit his space installation in the Taus. The base goes by the name of Tortuga and is heavily stocked with very rare and technologically advanced weapons. The Outcast captain has extended his invitation to all Hackers within our group to browse said equipment. A potential deal could be negotiated for a major discount on specific items in the event that the Professorship shows interest.
Returning safely from my journey I passed through Novi Plant and it turns out they offer the best price for a unit of cardamine. In fact the owners appear to have very tight connections with the pirate underground and strong contraband channels, therefore I can sleep sound knowing my shipment will spread with lightning speed across New York. As mentioned already in my last message, the base is indeed of repairs and supplies. Having this in mind I intend to open a secret channel with the station's administrators in the following days and discuss potential joint activities in fortifying it and solidifying our presence there. From my experience having such an outpost right in the heart of Liberty is priceless and can lead to many benefits.

That is all for now.
Koskov out.

...uploading.data...

Koskov here.

Dear colleagues, here is a recap of today's activities

Subversion
Only two extortion opportunities arose:

1) The captain of the Iron Maiden is steadily becoming my favorite customer...I mean donor, he-he-he.

2) The other pilot, who fell victim to my sweet talks of paradise was operating in Pennsylvania system, supplying Cleveland base with Helium

Industrious
After these targets were taken care of, I had very little to do, so I embarked on another journey to Malta, delivering pesky slaves. Now I want to be clear on the matter, transporting human beings is something I am not particularly fond of, however this batch was especially notorious for causing havoc on Buffalo. Their alternative fate was being jettisoned around the Badlands. Coming from this far venture I retrieved a load of fresh Cardamine, which I delivered to Mactan.

That is all for today

Koskov out.