Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Operational and personal update - hiver 742
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: PnPOy9K.png]

Text message to all personnel, from Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup

Topic : status of current operations and personnel-related announcements

Pilots, commanders and crew members,

Yes, it's been a long time. I've been busy dealing with critical matters, far beyond babysitting the lot of you. Alas, all good things must come to an end, and I have been returned to my position, albeit with a few changes.

Grand Maréchal Macron is leaving command of the Marine Royale and has been reassigned to... Politics. The evolving situation at home called for his particular expertise at solving complicated problems with easy solutions. So he's off to do that, and has charged me to send his thoughts and thanks for your service.

He is also taking his rank with him. There will be no more Grand Maréchal at the head of the Gallic navy. As such, the ancient rank of Amiral de Gaule has been reactivated by royal decree and bestowed upon me. This has several repercussions on the organic command structure, but I won't bore you with details you're not all capable of ingesting anyway. You still get to call me amiral anyway, and you also still get to do as I say. So don't panic.

Beyond that, I have been appraised, in real time, of everything the MRG has accomplished over the past two months. I've waited some time to say something like this... And even now, writing feels off. But it must come out : I am proud of you. The services, operations and raids you have all carried out have been nothing short of exceptional. From the leadership to the rank and file, I must admit to be humbled by the merits and triumphs you have amassed. And I am rarely humbled.

Current operational priorities remain as they were. Bretonia needs to fall, quickly. As you've all heard, after the Zoners, they have now turned on our miner vassals, who had done little to deserve it. Though outright annexation has been on my mind, they have proven useful and forthcoming enough to be entertained by Gallia. So we are going to assist them, particularly since it's the Bretonians who are coming after them. Resources have already been diverted to that effect thanks to adequate anticipation from Belmond and Vaillant.

Our increased need for covert operations and tactical-level intelligence has also driven me to demand the creation of an in-house military intelligence division. Our relations with the GRI have been tenuous and unsatisfactory as of late, and I have no more patience for petty quibbles. Effective immediately, the Direction du Renseignement de la Marine, or DRMar, joins the 5G and Gendarmerie as one of our sub-branches. There will be more details covering that unit in a seperate note, soon.

That's all for now. Below, you'll find a summary of my decisions in regards to HR and operations. I'm somewhat pleased to be back. Let's finish this together.

Promotions and rewards

The following men and women of the Marine Royale Gauloise have demonstrated exemplary conduct, tireless commitment and skill in the art of war. They are to be commended and honoured.

- Capitaine de Vaisseau Nicodème Guillory has been elevated to the rank of Contre-amiral. There can never be any greatness without great leadership. That principle is at the very heart of Gallia, and its veracity is demonstrated every day. During AM de Chanteloup's absence, you have risen to the occasion and demonstrated exemplary leadership qualities, carrying a heavy burden while never letting go of your many duties. All with your trademark capacity for continuous work. You have come a long way, and now come the just rewards. Watch your inbox for a mail from the Chancellery.

- Capitaine de Corvette Louis Clément has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de Frégate. The rise of Clément among the Officiers Supérieurs has not kept him from continuously illustrating himself in recent times. Though he is, for now, restricted to office work, he is a valuable and irrepleacable component of the Marine Royale. His return to operational command is greatly anticipated.

- Capitaine de Corvette Pierre Vaillant has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de Frégate. The tireless Vaillant certainly wears his name well. Has personally lead numerous raids against the enemy, organised and carried out vital operations and produced precious intelligence reports in a short time. A remarkable soldier, leader of men and strategist. Deserves to be cited as an example.

- Lieutenant de Vaisseau Emilie-Sophie de Belmond has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de Corvette. Belmond's energy and dedication continue to be remarked by the general staff. Excellent planning skills and a drive to always do more have scored you a fair amount of points and caused critical problems to the adversary. You have become very relied upon and will likely continue to do so.

- Maître Principal Félix Dorian has been elevated to the rank of Major. Dorian has demonstrated continuous excellence ever since he's joined up. He has shown himself to be an extremely valorous and dutiful element, with little fear and large supplies of élan. The rank of Major is seldom attributed ; it puts you in a position to look down on everyone below you and a voice loud enough to be heard and respected all the way up. Use it wisely ; you have the general staff's trust and attention.

Current operations and assignments

- Opération Farfadet is ongoing. You find a modular base in Dublin, you report it.

- Task Force Tamaran : There is little that can be done at our level anymore : the Bretonians have dug in and the Corsairs are fighting back. Our support will continue, but there won't be large assets diverted to this theatre any longer. Task Force Tamaran is called off, and its resources will be diverted to a new operation.

- Task Force Malouines : The Independent Mining Guild, our generally well-disposed vassals, have suffered an aggression from the ever-voracious Bretonia in their Omega holdings. It is imperative that the Marine Royale relieve some pressure off the miners' shoulders ; the Bretonians cannot be allowed to gain new infrastructure in their hour of need. This new task force's endgame is thus : keep Bretonia's hands off Aland Shipyard, preserve IMG's assets, reduce Bretonian influence over the Omegas. TF Malouines will be headed by Vaillant and Belmond, who have been transferred from TF Tamaran.

- Task Force Blum : the amiral has demanded to be briefed on the progress of this operation. EV Sauvageot has been designated.

- The Grand Tournament : the Core embassy on Paris has finally opened, thanks to the wheels of administration having turned. Mighty celebrations will be held in honor of our guests, both to cement our ties to the Core and to provide festivities to our population. Orders from beyond. Commandant Guillory will use his connections to the Core to submit the idea of a tournament to their hierarchy. Still ongoing ; the amiral wants an update.

- La Granda Reception : the Custodi have expressed their wish to visit Gallia and attend a grandiose ceremony to celebrate our friendship. Celebrations of this kind are more than needed in the current days. The amiral wants an update.

Ongoing developments regarding the Council's actions in Provence, as well as the discovery of their hideout, will be the subject of upcoming orders.

Any question regarding these assignments should be addressed to either AM de Chanteloup or CF L'Herminier, depending on how confident you are in the relevance of your question.

Final note : contre-amiral Jean-Yves Patrice de Justéton has retired from service. We wish him well on his next endeavours.

Honneur, Patrie, Valeur, Discipline.