Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
.:j:. - Junker Congress - .:j:.
[Image: junkercongress.png]

This is James Trenton. I address you now. Yes, you -- the Junker who wants to be more than another rodent scurrying about the wastes for his next meal and another day's oxygen for his CSV. Do you wish to be more? Do you crave dignity? Do you wish a better life for yourself, your family, for the Junkers next to you and abroad?

Then join us.

Join the Congress, and earn a better life for us all.

If you believe you are able to contribute to a brighter future for the Congress and all Junkers, submit your application here.

What will be expected of you:

Secrecy
- In becoming an operative for us, you will learn much about many different organizations. It is expected of you to keep such matters secret. It is expected of you to keep your knowledge of such matters secret. In our knowledge is our strength. In our apparent ignorance, we gain more knowledge. Keep silent and keep learning.
Subtlety
- We operate in places where we are subject to the laws of certain houses. We are allowed to operate in these places because we perform a vital service. While we may allegedly play host to parties and trade in commodities that they may frown upon, we do not advertise this. We can not afford to be painted as criminals. As long as we perform vital services and act as contributing members of society, while keeping any possible deals with the underworld off the radar, we will continue to be allowed to operate.
Discretion
- We maintain the appearance of a salvage operation. You, as a result, should be constantly seen by the locals when hauling salvage, and invisible when acting in the true nature of our organization. Remember, the weaker we appear, the greater the advantage we possess when the time comes to toss any pretenses aside.
Loyalty
- We look out for one another. You may have friends outside our organization, but your loyalty is to Junkers and the Congress first and foremost. We are your true friends, and your true family.

We are open for admissions with the following requirements:

You must find a current member to sponsor you.
- We take the best and brightest in our little enclosed society. We trust our members to find suitable representatives to carry our marker.
You must post here with vital information pertaining to yourself.
- We don't want to hear your height or weight. Simply a few lines about your house of origin, useful background information and any specialized skills you may possess.
You must have final approval by Arbiter James Trenton.
- This entails a waiting period as he is a busy man. Your patience will be rewarded well. We take only the best, and we ensure that we get it.

This is your call forward, the first step on the path toward a new age for our society.

Come forth and seize your destiny.

Come forth and join us.

Power -- Profitability -- Security -- Freedom
++INCOMING TRANSMISSION++
=Signal:
=Strength:|||||||||||| 60%
= Quality :|||||| 30%
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Junker Congress,

I am Perry Moors, more commonly know as my ship regestration The Snout
I fly a, what used to be a Civilian bomber, before i added 'enhancements'.
junking has been in my blood for over 30 years, i may have lost a bit of my combat experiance to age.
but still keep those hogosha and wildes in their place. i was born in Rheinland, but my folk's were Brets,
i grew up working with Daumann untill i went off to seek better fortune.

I wish to become part of the Junker Congreess because i wish to share my life experiance and put my
skill to use. i am currantly stationed at the Yanagi depot, but frequently re-locate to other parts of sirius
as i have no real residence apart from my ship, this makes me flexible for any possible calls by your orginisation.

yours sincerely,
Perry William Moors

------------------------------------------------------
++COMMS CLOSED,TRANSMISSION ENDED++
++TRANSMISSION TIME 2.56 MINUTES++
Logging in. Comm ID: Dave.Pajo
Opening channel
Encrypting...
Secured

Hello Congressman,

For me, this has been a long time coming. As I sat listlessly in my cockpit in the Gruinder, watching my turrets and tractor beams do their work, or as I gazed out of the window of my collector as I flew from station to station in all the far-flung corners of Sirius, tracking down deals and establishing contacts, I always felt the need to raise my game. As a lone operative, and self-taught at that, there was only so much I could do, so far I could climb. I've known about the Congress for a long time, of course, but it was out of respect for it that I didn't try to sneak my way in as an amateur and enter before I was ready. I came up in a CSV, as I'm sure you all did, later moving up to the old Turanic, running deals half-cluelessly, getting through my life on feel alone. But it was working. Seemed like I was at least passably good at what I did. I met a more established junker one day, in the Gruinder, and it seemed like he saw something in me. He supplemented my funds with his own so that I could purchase an old mining ship that had clearly had several users before me. That ship was both the means and the motivation to achieve something better. Although I still wished to eventually join the Congress, I pledged myself to this man our of loyalty and respect for what he had done for me. If this meant not joining the Congress, then so be it. I'm not one to back out on a deal, least of all one I make with myself, but the man hasn't shown up in a long time. His rooms on Bornholm and Rochester were vacated and leased to others. I've kept his identifier on my callsign for a long time, but now I suppose my debt is paid. The profit I was making from fishing scrap out of the wrecks of Convoy 99 was piling up, and it wouldn't be long until I could get a ship I could be proud of. So, I reignited the notion of joining the Congress. When my long range scanners picked up one of your men or women, I'd say hello. Nothing too formal or forward, just something to try and get myself known.

Things came to a head last night. I'd been allowed access to a frequency being used by a couple of congress members - John Rome and a man using the callsign JunkyTown. I talked a little about my desire to join the Congress, as much to pass the time as I scrapped as anything else. But suddenly, Xenos. A situation we all know too well. John Rome was being attacked, so as quickly as I could I got my Collector on the scene. I try and keep out of direct confrontations whenever possible, so this was the first time I'd actually flown the thing in a true dogfight. Despite not even remotely being equipped for this sort of thing, and my somewhat tentative attempts to fly it, it performed admirably. I was no match for the Xeno, sadly, and my ship ended up wrecked, but I'd distracted him for a good half an hour, and Rome had managed to escape with his life. Soon after, I jury-rigged my Collector so it would last me long enough to get to Puerto Rico, where John Rome said he would see me. As we repaired the damage to my ship, Rome, out of his own pocket, upgraded its armour and taught me about defending our bases and each other. Rome, Junkytown and myself talked more of the Congress in Arecibo's bar, and most graciously, they both agreed to vouch for me for the purposes of my application.

Shortly after, whilst accruing the final funds to upgrade my b?te noire of a mining ship, I got in to contact with yet more Congressmen, including the Deputy Arbiter himself. As they heard of what I was doing, they sent yet more financial assistance so that I could achieve my goals immediately. I know Junkers take care of their own, but the level at which the Congress do it is positively fraternal. I was sold.

Enough story. More than enough, probably, but it's been a long day of lonely trading, and it feels good to talk. A little about me, perhaps:

I've flown the CSV, the Collector, a repair ship, the Turanic Raiders freighter, a mining ship, and now, finally a pirate train. I've sold most of these vessels on, but I keep my collector in active service alongside the pirate train I spend most of my time in. Now that I am considerably more solvent thanks to the train, I have been thinking about buying another Turanic Raiders freighter also - it is a ship perfectly suited to the unpredictable, dynamic dealings I often get caught up in within Liberty; a perfect all rounder of a ship for in-house business. I have the pirate train for long-distance deals, and the Collector for salvage. I might station her on Yanagi - from various communications I've intercepted, it seems maintaining an active presence there is most important.

As for skills, well, I don't like to sell myself, it's not my way. But I suppose, I do tend to get on with people. I ruffle few feathers and make friends easily. Why, just today (it really has been a busy few hours) in Texas, a man from the Liberty Navy struck up a conversation with me for a while, he was pleasant enough, and I told him I'd keep an eye out for a criminal he was on the look out for. A few minutes later, it so happens I came across this criminal. A Rogue, one of the [Wolves]. I let him know he was being hunted, and we laughed and joked for a while before I had to depart for other business. He even gave me a small gratuity (I had told him I hadn't contacted the man from the Navy because it seemed like my communications systems were malfunctioning, and the gratuity was ostensibly to cover the cost of repairing them). Although it is merely a small, relatively meaningless event, I feels it embodies what you men are looking for:
There was a situation in Texas. Without getting involved, I managed to get on the good side of both the opposing forces, and I made a little money whilst doing it.

Well, that's that. Too long and rambly I know. If I have a flaw, it's that I talk too much. But don't worry, I never say the wrong things.
I leave my fate in your hands now.

Closing channel...
'Incoming unsecured transmission....'
'Scanning message....'

To: Chief Arbiter, Junkers Congress.
Subject: Undisclosed
Attachments: None

'Opening message....'
'Message reads....'

This message sent to as a result of a conversation between myself and Mr Crow in the NY system

Dear Sir

It was of great interest to me to learn of the existance of the Junkers congress. Too long have the Junkers been considered second class and sub rate citizens by the other denizens of Syrius. This opinion has not been helped, I believe, by previous Junker activity reaching the public eye. This was due to complacancy on the part of the Junkers and their previous leadership. It was such matters that forced me to disassociate myself from my own people in an effort to become more accepted by 'normal' society.
Now it seems things have changed, and for the better. The Junkers congress seems to be taking great pain to improve the lives and status of our people. It is with this in mind that I offer my services to you.

My name is Lythor Onus, I was born on trafalgar station where I remaind until the age of 18. Since leaving I have tried to make my way as a succesful trader but the stigma of my former life has certainly not made that easy. Most citizens, upon learning of my line, will assume that I am going to run off with their cargo and sell it for scrap to the nearest merchant. Or that I am off my trolley on cardamine and their cargo has no chance of reaching the destination in one piece. It is such ingrained outlooks that have prompted me to make this application.
I am a passable pilot, though not a great one. My combat skills are at best, lacking. But I am loyal, I am discreet, I am hardworking and never shirk from a task. i am, in short, a Junker.

Lythor Onus

'message ends....'

DELETE?: YES/NO
*******Incoming Transmission********
*******Destination: Vessel=( The~'l|ESCAPPE's|l' ) **********
********Captain: Jerah Zodiav********
******Opening Transmission.... .......... ....... *********
******Loading Completed*******

Greetings Congressmen!

This is Scientist/Captain: Jerah Zodiav of the 'l|ESCAPPE's|l'. My origin is Planet Primus, Omicron Kappa System. I'm here on looking for a job on selling or trading commodities on earning credits for I to help my wife and son and also to maintain our Research Cruiser: 'l|ESCAPPE's|l', we escaped with (//I have no credits).

Reason we escape from our planet and system, is on fearing the Nomadic infectation. Our people were infected and killing one another. I couldn't see and stay on the horror of my wife Debra and my son Jeru were going through. Luckily, one of the pilots of a Zoner fighter was on the ladding pad, trying to turn on his fighter. While seeing him, I look beyond and saw a Research Cruiser. I told my wife to run with the boy and get in to the Cruiser. In doing so, a crowd of infected Zoners were running and heading towards me about 500ft away. I ran to the pilot and told him if he can fly a Relevant Cruiser; he responded "yes, I can do that".
I pointed him the cruiser and he jumped off his cockpit and ran towards the cruiser while shooting behind himself on defending me. Couple other crews ran to the Cruiser as well. We got in to the Vessel and close the Cruiser entrance way.

While, the pilot was trying to fire up the engines, baggins and moans was being heard behind the doors. My son ran to me and hugged my legs on the fear he was on. My wife looked at me and told me "promise me we are leaving out of here safely". I told here "ok", but the promise wasn't kept. On thanking our ancestors, the pilot successfully fired up the engines and activated the self defence turrets. The pilot lifted off from the ladding pad and manage to leave from the planet.

Few weeks past, and we didn't made a landing on none of the planets of each system we went thruogh. Our Pilot was lost in the deep systems that we were in. We flown to many sectors, and found a Jump hole. One of the crew scanned it and noticed it headed to a system called, NEW YORK. The pilot tooked the Jump hole and entered a system known as "Liberty"; a very crowded system.

We needed to refuel, buy food, buy consumer goods, and make some repairs on our moving home. And buying the needed things, I got broked.

Now, I'm applying on the Junker Congress if they have a job space for a lone Zoner to help his family and his crew.

Have a Goodday Congress men!

*********Transmission closed********
::Incomming Transmission::
Source: MrUnusuall

::Message Reads::

Greetings.

I am Andrew Beast , but , as to keep such identity hidden , i go for the name of MrUnusuall. But , due to the seriousness of this message , i will reveal it.

I am from a middle class family of Junkers from Beaumont. When i became 18 years old my father gave me a CSV and told me to learn the ways of a Junker...

I belive i came a long way since then. I now fly a Mining Ship , bought with the credits i got from mining and salvaging scrap fields.

I have come far, but i wish to throw it all away for a greater good.

I will be straight and to the point. I wish to join the Congress. I want to do more for my people. I want to be able to protect them. I belive that this is the best way to do that.

.:j:.JunkyTown and .:j:. John.Rome have agreed to sponsor me on this. For that i must express my thanks.

I await the Congress decision.

And a rest of good day to ye all.

::Message Ends::
***Incoming Transmission***
***Decoding Identification***
--------------------------------
~Pilot ID: ArthurDent
~Ship ID: Junker - RustyBucket (Mining Ship)
~Ship ID: Junker - RustyKnife (Collector)
~Ship ID: Junker - RustCleaner (Repair Ship)
~Ship ID: Junker - RustyBarrel (Firefly)
~Sponsor: JunkTown
~Sponsor: Weedalot
***Decoding Text Message***

Greetings Congressmen,

my name is Arthur Dent and I am interested in joining the congress. I had many different jobs lately. Now it is time for me to make a change and to show my colors. Since I joined the Junker's lifestyle I have wanted to be in the congress. Whatever you may decide for me to do, I am willing to accept it. At this time I am flying a collector. If you could please review my application it would be greatly appreciated. Recently my friend Canrob and I met JunkTown in Rochester and he was a really hepful advisor. I hope to be able to repay his kindness.

Best Regards,
Arthur Dent

***End Transmission***
***Incoming Transmission***
***Decoding Identification***

~Pilot ID: Junker Canrob
~Ship ID: RustyCan (CSV II)
~Sponsor: JunkTown

***Decoding Text Message***

Greetings Junker Congressmen,

I am an ambitious and loyal pilot who wants to join the Junker Congress.
After several months with an own ship in Sirius I come to the conclusion that the Junker life is the life I were searching for.

My first jobs I did in Sirius were for Liberty Police. It seems they were the best faction who fights the abhorrent Xenos. But this was a mistake. A couple of weeks fighting the Xenos the Police wanted me to fight Rouges and Lane Hackers. But I did not have anything against them, OK they can be annoying but thats all.
At this time I heard that Ageira Tech got trouble with Xenos in Colorado. So I changed my base and moved to Pueblo Station. It was a nice time but not very fulfilling and not that lucrative I hoped.

Since I flied missions for the Police, upon fighting I was searching in the wreckage for profitable things. While the others only collect the good stuff I collect everything.
Furthermore I recognized that it is good work to scrabble about in debris. But only less pilots dirty ones hand with that. Because of rumors there would be a lot of profitable junk in
Philadelphia System I left Colorado System.
In Philadelphia I met my old friend ArthurDent he worked there as helium miner. Together we began to search for better debris. So we decide to become a professional Junker.
Fortunately we get contact to JunkTown who sponsors us the best ship I ever had: The Collector (CSV II). In the bar in Rochester JunkTown also explained us the basics of real Junkers and showed us some good places to work.

Please regard my application with favor.

Best Regards,
Canrob

***End Transmission***
##Incoming transmission##
##Origin of transmission: Rochester Station, New York##
##to: Chief Arbiter Hannibal Bishop##

Greetings Chief Arbiter Hannibal Bishop,

My name is Cole Dogson, a junker by birth. I have just celebrated my 20th birthday and my father finally agreed with letting me join the Junker Congress. I am sure you are a very occupied man, so i will try to keep this as short as possible.

Like i said, i was born as a junker, and i have spend most of my life in the New York debris fields with my father scraping ourself a descend living. However i just can't get any satisfaction out of it, i feel i can do more than just the occasional nice salvage runs i do.

Now i have met allot of rogues and lane hackers in the bar of Rochester and one day a rogue approached me saying he needed some goods delivered to the rogue base in Galileo and that i will be payed very good when i got there. I decided to take his offer, and so my first smuggling run started. When i completed it, the feeling was indescribable, a feeling i still have after i smuggled something right passed the Liberty Police.

I don't have any fighterskills, so on that part i will be useless to the congress. However i know that with my skills as a smuggler i could do allot of good for the congress, so i would like to join as a smuggler, raising funds to improve the living conditions off all junkers siriuswide. All i ask is a little help starting up a decent route to smuggle, and in return i promise to stay loyal to the congress and the way of life of the junkers.

With regards,
Cole Dogson

*transmission begins*

[Image: rogerthompson.jpg]

Ship Name: The Oneiropolis
Sponsor: Hannibal Bishop

Greetings once again former associates!

The Oneiropolis would like to reapply to the Congress. While my brother Jack and my brother-in-law Clark think we are fine on our own, the overall vote of our full crew complement has decided that mutual assistance would be in our best interest. You see, since we were able to fully modify and restore our Salvager, our crew has swelled. It began when the Thompson family mining ship and the heavily modified CSV Mk V of the Whites of Bretonia (that's what they called it anyway - it's amazing what several CSVs, some Collectors, a Recycler, and welding equipment can accomplish!) began to grow together, along with the remains of our once proud Armored Transport. The result was a wonderful Salvage Frigate that has grown and merged, much as our families have when Jack and Jessica married. Once this wonderful creation was born, mainly of our extended family members joined to work in the process, in addition to our usual encompassing businss deals.

So as you can see, with the rapid increase in fellow crewmembers (none of who are as eloquent as I am still, I must add), there is a big push for representation.

*transmission ends*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43