Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I just noticed this.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
An arid world scoured clean by constant wind, Planet Pygar possesses a temperate atmosphere, but incredibly powerful storms. During initial surveys, individual sandstorms that lasted for several years and reached top speeds of 805 km/h were observed. Most surface probes were destroyed in a matter of hours but revealed the existence of unnatural rock formations buried beneath the sands. While the planet’s unnaturally expansive cavern systems were enticing for many parties, the inhospitable conditions on the planet’s surface made it impossible to sustain more than just a few research teams on limited budgets.

With the annexation of Planet Gran Canaria by the Crown of Bretonia, however, the Zoners that lived on Gran Canaria found their way of life threatened. Once again confronted with subjects of the rule of a House, they looked to the near Omicrons for a location where they could live as they had in Omega-49. While Pygar would not be as easy to live on as Gran Canaria, the atmosphere is breathable and so many Zoners made their way to Corfu Base with the hopes of settling down on Pygar.

The first pioneers soon returned to Corfu, bearing news of the planet’s vast cavern systems, stacked a hive of huge insects beneath the surface. News spread like wildfire in the Zoner community, that there was space for cities and cities already carved beneath the storms. There is a suspicion that the caverns must have been the result of alien industry in the deep past, but extensive exploration of the caverns has yet to find more than traces of interest to Xenoarcheologists. Zoner industrialists have planned extensive settlements for the caverns and have begun to construct expansive agricultural zones around residential blocks scattered throughout the cavern systems. Today, a steady stream of Zoners unwilling to bow to Bretonia’s rule is emigrating from Gran Canaria to Pygar through Corfu Base in the planet’s orbit, and tens of thousands of settlers have made it down to the colony.

[Image: kisspng-thinking-emoji-sticker-thought-d...976692.jpg]

>805kmh winds

>>>>>>>>>COLONIZATION

How.
(04-16-2020, 03:42 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]The first pioneers soon returned to Corfu, bearing news of the planet’s vast cavern systems

this is how
I don't care how thicc your spaceship is, wind speeds as fast as a 737 at cruising altitude is gonna make even thinking about taking off or landing a challenge
magic
(04-16-2020, 03:54 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care how thicc your spaceship is, wind speeds as fast as a 737 at cruising altitude is gonna make even thinking about taking off or landing a challenge
Ok, but wind speeds can easily be yadda yadda'd with shields removing friction. Anything that could produce massive heat and make a bubble of constantly superheated air can also yadda yadda it, because plasma has little to no friction, and air that rapidly expands would shield the ship ablatively.
(04-16-2020, 03:54 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care how thicc your spaceship is, wind speeds as fast as a 737 at cruising altitude is gonna make even thinking about taking off or landing a challenge

nothing a retcon cant fix.
I'm almost certain I pointed this out when it was put into the game. Funny how people took note of the winds, but not the speed of them.

There's a reason Pygar wasn't touched on much in vanilla. If it was so easy to colonize before, with literally zero development besides a 'few scientific research stations', then there's no feasible way to believe that a group of displaced Zoners in 3 months could establish a well-doing colony.
Sci-fi magic?l
So what you're saying is Pygar was the final solution to the question with the displaced Zoners? How does Bretonia keep getting away with it?!
You got battleship groups that show up 5 systems away from its last position, trans-versing enemy controlled systems.. and you're bothered with one line in one infocard about the wind?

<3
Pages: 1 2 3