Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Contraband: A Useful Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is something of a side-project i've been working on, i figured it'd be useful to some of you.

It's a colour coded database of the listed contraband and restricted cargo for all law enforcing authorities currently registered (as per laws of sirius). Unfortunately the absence of any official kusari authority makes establishing what's hot and what's not a bit problematic, so i've left it blank for now.

Link
IMO 'laws' of factions that can't actually enforce them are fluff and just mislead players with clutter. I think your list would benefit if you remove Coalition, Corsairs and Order as they can't enforce laws (Order indies can't even shoot transports) as per their IDs, or at least can't on the same level as Houses, CR, Council, Core.

Good stuff otherwise though. A list like this on the wiki was extremely helpful to me as a new player.
Contraband goods need to be labeled in the XML file with red letters that ''These goods are illegal in certain areas''
not too bad for the police too!
since you put the corsairs, i think you also should put the outcast:

also there is a legal codex from kusari here
Good work. However, in case of Rheinland, there is same category for commodities which are restricted generally in whole Rheinland and commodities which only cannot be exported to Kusari due to war embargo but otherwise can be transported freely (such as abl. armor plating, APM hardware, cobalt, cobalt ore, high-temp. alloy etc.). I think those two should be distinguished otherwise traders will avoid goods they actually donĀ“t have to if they do not want to transport it to Kusari.
I've updated the link to a more accurate version.

The tool is meant to be a point of reference to flag any and all commodities which have a restriction or outright ban. For restricted cargo, it's a signpost to laws of sirius to find out more. I suppose I could include context as to why, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a concise quick-referencing tool. Also maintenance work would go through the roof.

Laws of Sirius set the basis for what is 'a reasonable demand' via ID guidelines. Hence why i've included corsairs, order and core. Since Kusari and the Outcasts don't have a post in that thread just yet, their laws are open to conjecture. They can and will be added once an OF gets behind each one and lays down the law.
Kusari is linked on the first post of that thread...
(04-11-2019, 08:57 AM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated the link to a more accurate version.

The tool is meant to be a point of reference to flag any and all commodities which have a restriction or outright ban. For restricted cargo, it's a signpost to laws of sirius to find out more. I suppose I could include context as to why, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a concise quick-referencing tool. Also maintenance work would go through the roof.

Laws of Sirius set the basis for what is 'a reasonable demand' via ID guidelines. Hence why i've included corsairs, order and core. Since Kusari and the Outcasts don't have a post in that thread just yet, their laws are open to conjecture. They can and will be added once an OF gets behind each one and lays down the law.

Other than the piracy IDs and Council IDs, the other unlawful IDs can't actually demand the vast majority of commodities on your list. And even then, Corsairs and Outcasts can't fine players, they can only demand cargo or credits, not both. Other than the Council ID, unlawful laws are just fluff that don't really have a lot of weight in gameplay. Including them in that list may confuse players as the IDs that enforce them can't do so in the same capacity as Lawful or Council IDs. Just two my cents.
Cool resource, any chance you could freeze the first row and/or first column to make it easier to navigate? Or you might consider putting in another copy of your header row halfway down so a player looking at a commodity at the bottom doesn't have to scroll back up to see where it is banned. It is always good to know exactly which laws you're breaking, and exactly which factions you can expect to have a word with if you're caught!
Pages: 1 2