Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Highest Playable Peerage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didn't know where else to post this, but what is the highest peerage players of noble characters can play? Or is it also based on land size?

I'm interested in courtly political maneuvering in Bretonia.
Suggest you talk to the Bretonia Government first since they are the ones that slap titles and stuff.

Already poked them to come here.

<3
I realized that too and sent a pm.
The Bretonian Constitution

There should be some info here. I think the highest title a player can have is Lord, though there is a player ( ) who role-plays the queen's heir, Prince James. The queen is jointly played by the members of the Bretonian government. One can't just start role-playing a legitimate noble in Bretonia, though. You start as a commoner, and over time, if your service to Bretonia is so valuable and noble it is noticed, your character is awarded with titles. One of my characters, (ex) admiral Sir George Richard Hall, became a knight after a few years of service, concretely after destroying a very powerful POB owned by a long time enemy of Bretonia, though he is dead now as he was killed in action during the original Gallic push into New London.
(04-11-2019, 12:51 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]One can't just start role-playing a legitimate noble in Bretonia, though.

lol.

If people can start playing Admirals from the getgo, they can claim to be Lords too.
(04-11-2019, 01:10 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2019, 12:51 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]One can't just start role-playing a legitimate noble in Bretonia, though.

lol.

If people can start playing Admirals from the getgo, they can claim to be Lords too.

One can claim whatever one likes, what is important is whether the relevant, already established characters the person interacts with are willing to accept and support that claim. It's a consensus-reality.
As the person that generally handles a lot of the peerage stuff in BretGov, I feel like I should answer

Levels of peerage we RP all the way from Knighthoods to Dukedoms. We haven’t actually had anyone to advance that far yet, but we set the precedent for it. As for giving them out, we only award them to long-standing characters who have excelled in their work for/on behalf of Bretonia. The only directly awarded characters are generally gov characters (either created for or shared by BretGov)

Whilst we can’t actually stop anyone from naming themselves “Lord” or any other title, our stance is that any “self titled” characters are not recognised by any official body within Bretonia.

If you have any questions about Peerage or BretGov, feel free to message me

~ Joe

lol.

But... they can't start playing admirals from the "getgo" either... What is your source?
(04-11-2019, 01:53 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]

lol.

But... they can't start playing admirals from the "getgo" either... What is your source?

What is your source on this being prohibited. It's hard to prove what is allowed when all you have to do is take a look at decade long history of Discovery and general rules that pretty clearly have nothing against players roleplaying something within the scope of Freelancer universe.
I am talking about you trying to imply that there are some rules that prohibits someone roleplay certain rank or title. You cannot do that.
Pages: 1 2