Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Os Encobertos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: hLLzh79.png]

O s   E n c o b e r t o s

[Image: p4hunti.png]

I N F O R M A T I O N

Legends speak of an ancient king from Terra named Sebastian who died during one of the crusades. Many of his subjects believed he would return, freeing them from their Spanish rule. These legends continued during the diaspora from Terra. The rumblings of the return of the king began after the sabotage of the Hispania. The understanding of cardamine furthered the mistrust towards the Maltese whom the silent dissidents considered usurpers of Iberian sovereignty. Attempts to leave were obviously fatal, however that did not stop those who kept themselves hidden from trying to leave, even going so far as to begin seeking other means out of the trap known as the planet Malta. And legends continued of the returning king.

As the years passed, the hidden ones would take their children out of Outcast space, sending them to live with Zoners. Most died, but a handful born of mothers not from Outcast space managed to survive. Rumors within the shrouded circulated that this was proof that the road was being prepared for King Sebastian to return. Those who have managed to survive are viewed as promise of the king, gifted by him to lead until his return. Through selective breeding, bloodlines begin to develop.

The poems of stories written about King Sebastian are compiled and taught to the children, eventually becoming canonized as the faith of the Hidden Ones, so named for the epithet of the King. As the years pass, Sebastianism is a slowly growing faith centered around those who have managed to leave the Outcast systems, and their families who can manage to breed themselves free of cardamine corruption. It is still unknown how this happens, only that the mother must be a non-Outcast.

When Cryer Pharmaceuticals began to work on stabiline, the Os Encobertos (the Hidden Ones), were keenly interested, even assisting through investments and a handful of the faithful assisting in research. Though the final outcome did not prove helpful for those seeking to escape the demon Cardamine, many are still urging research to improve stabiline so that those who still need Cardamine to survive can be freed from their prison. After all, there is always a cost to the "gifts" the dark one grants.

Currently, Os Encobertos is a matrilineal primogeniture society. Inheritances are passed mother to daughter. However, because of the rarity of Outcast men to have non-addicted children, those proven to sire pure children are often allowed to take more than one wife, at the permission of their highest ranked wife. The most honored and respected women are those who have multiple ancestors who were born of fathers who were Outcasts, and the most honored and respected men are those who are Outcasts with a great number of non-addicted children.

Current population of Os Encobertos is unknown. Estimates range from 10,000 to 50,000 sector wide. However those numbers are pure speculation as they are more a secret faith than a nation, though there are plans to change that now that stabiline exists.

General Information
Name of Faction:
Os Encobertos
Full name of Faction:
Os Mordomos Encobertos do Retorno do Rei Sebastião
Faction Tag:
[OE]-
Faction Affiliation:
Freelancers
Faction Identification:
Freelancers
House of Origin:
Outcasts
Headquarters:
TBD
Zone of Influence:
TBD
Allowed ships:
Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships

Ship Naming

Snubcraft:
[OE]-FirstName.LastName or [OE]-CallSign or [OE]-FirsName-de-TitleName
Warships, Fleet Support:
[OE]-EMN-ShipName
Freighters, Transports:
Less than 3600 cargo [OE]-EMT-FirstName.LastName greater than 3600 cargo [OE]-EMT-ShipName
Science Vessels:
[OE]-ESV-NameOfPortugueseExplorerOrScientist
Experimental Spacecraft:
[OE]-EXV-PortugueseKingNotSebastian
Special Ships:
[OE]-FamousPortugueseWoman

Diplomacy

Os Encobertos_______________________________
Cryer Pharmaceuticals___________________________
Everyone Else_________________________________________
Golden Chrysanthemums_________________________
Blood Dragons_________________________________
Corsairs____________________________________
Outcasts____________________________________

G O A L S
  • Create a House Sebastiana
  • Eradicate Cardamine
  • End the slave trade of Outcasts
  • Drive the Corsairs from Sirius
  • Build allies through trade and honorable discourse with all lawful Houses
Placeholder for organization
Placeholder for stuff
One more placeholder for good measure
Holy crap I can't believe I'm gonna live long enough to see Bacalhau ships named after D. Afonso Henriques and the return of D. Sebastião in Discovery Freelancer. Absolutely amazing. No, I'm not being sarcastic, I really like this idea.

That aside, I have sincere doubts about your use of the Zoner ID to achieve your goals. How exactly can you work for your objectives under the restrictions of that ID?
I am confused. Like literally. Zoner ID, another full Anti-Cardamine faction with Malta origin and thus addicts and a story which is utter confusing. But please don't go for OC ID then, no need for rule bending. Pirate ID might be advisable, but this restricts your ability to trade with the houses. Guess FL is the only choice there. Or Cryer.
Thank you for the input, I'll change it to Freelancer ID
Sounds.... Familiar...
Edit: I however do appreciate adding us as green.
Actually, I chose Zoner because of access to capitol ships, but if we become official, I can ask for that, right?
(04-15-2019, 07:15 PM)Os Encobertos Wrote: [ -> ]I chose Zoner because of access to capitol ships
Terrible reason.
Pages: 1 2