Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

there is still a question I ask myself, saint-denis as an admin, has done a huge job moving weapons from one account to another, it's not 2 or 3 but 67, what I would like to know is, where have they gone? have they returned to their original stock, or have they disappeared, 67 codes is a lot of work to get them. I've already lost enough. examples I have more than one. I would have liked to trade with them, now the eventual interested party must think I'm a funny guy

thank you

NoMe

PS dino has already answered, but it was not enought clear
NoMe, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sorry. I will try to explain what happened (I have no idea what Dino told you) and hopefully you will understand.

On Saturday 2nd of February the Lead Devs (no point in going in to the whys and wherefores) had their access to the Server removed and at the same time I had replaced your 67 Codenames on to the 2 Ships that you had given me.

On the night of Sunday/Monday morning (3/4 of February) the Devs took over the Server. Due to them having an out of date back up of the Server Files, there was effectively a roll-back. Lots of people lost out, some more than others (you are probably one of the more).

I, in the meantime, had deleted my record of your 67 Codes and therefore have no record of what I moved and replaced.

Here is the Thread in which I was helping you understand where you were going wrong and what I had done:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2059116

As for your loss, as I already said, i didn't keep a record of what I had done.

There are possibly a couple of options:

1) The GMs find the Ship Files from before me moving the codes and compare them to the Files after I had removed them (this would show what you lost).

Then, replace the Codes on to some new Ships.

This would be time consuming.

2) After, the Devs took over, Skorak offered them the up-to-date Backup Files, apparently they didn't take up the offer. I have no idea if he still happens to have them.

This would be the quickest way, if he still has them.

Now, as I said, lots of people lost out with the rollback, some more than others. So I am possibly guessing that Dino has told you that they will not be returning your gear as this would lead to lots of people requiring what they lost. This would be very time consuming, to do that for all the claims, and therefore is unlikely to happen.

So please accept my apologies for being caught in the crossfire.
I would have returned the guns, but I had no account backups before the 5th of February. And by that time, the codenames have disappeared from all of your characters. With no logs of what you had on that ship before, I simply cannot know what I am supposed to return.

You are not the only person that lost important things on a server rollback, but sadly we can't do much about it. All I can do is apologize.
i have a backuped all my accounts the 21 january 2019, it can help?
these accounts are in.

And now that I think about it, I don't know if I didn't make a backup right after I had them in the database, I have to check it out

PS: it's not the money but the time to collect it Wink and thanks for your answers
No, server backups are something different. It shows you what kind of equipment and cargo the character had that day. I checked February 5th and the character you told me that used to hold codenames (P.a.t) had the same amount of codenames as it has today, and the ship that was used to transfer the codenames (transfert) had 0. I checked few other dates, but no luck. The guns seems to disappear in the server transition.
ok, understood