Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >>: Order (Overwatch and Legacy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"Overwatch and Legacy cells">
Reg: ""<I want to believe>""

Protectors.

Now I normally make it a matter of policy to never bother you with the daily cluster-frak of Liberty and her volatile gun-fight diplomacy. But I think this occurrence is a bit of an exception. I attempted to scan a Sabre-class fighter that was idling nearby a Liberty Rogue and offering them future help, but upon trying to scan it I'd overloaded my ship's sensor suite.

My console reported extremely high power fluctuations on the EM-Wave spectrum, the kind cloaks usually generate. I have a gut of steel, but something felt wrong, so I listened to my gut and went for guns. The target stood no chance, and an allied gunship showed the Rogue nearby the folly of trash-talk. It's also worth noting that the Sabre's IFF codes seemed horribly scrambled and could not be identified by my console.

I figured if anyone would know what the hell I just put six-feet deep, it would be you spooky people. I feel as if I'm in need of a little education on the subject of sensor crashing ship feedback, would you be willing to enlighten me on what I might have just encountered?

""Concluding message""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]

[Image: HmHbKEg.png]

P. Becker : [Comm-ID]
The Order ~
'Cobra' : [Receiver-ID]
Xeno Alliance ~

RE: I want to believe : [Subject]

Herr 'Cobra',

It's no denying what you may have encountered, as more times than not we've encountered individuals with the same 'IFF scrambler'. This ship most likely was that of an infestee. While I cannot assure you that this capability of overloading sensor tech is alien in nature (it may just be a flaw in the programming or a faulty sensor chip), rest assured that you've done the Colonies a service by taking this one out.

Most alien infestee warbirds use this IFF scrambler so as to not appear as targets for their own overlords. It's an undercover tactic, and most of the time is the only way to discern whether or not they are compromised. Some, like in the case of one Rosalina Romanov, are not covert. They utilize their overlord's typical style in 'equipment', much like the Rheinland Military of old during the Nomad Crisis of 800. In all cases though, they are still extremely dangerous, obviously. I'd advise you to stick to your gut as you did here, as many more pilots still run unchecked throughout the colonies. We can't be everywhere, so we count on those that we trust to be capable to do Sirius this service in our stead.

Should you have any further contact with this ship or any you may think are like it, do not hesitate to contact us. It helps us keep track of known compromised pilots and allows us to inform those who encounter them the likely truth of whom they fought.

Stay safe and good flying out there. We'll be in touch.

[Image: MzxHA15.png]

Dear Miss Becker.

I wasn't expecting someone so charming. But there was something I didn't initially notice that I wish I had.. I found this in my ship. It's been gleaming extremely bright and never seems to cease emitting EM-Waves. It apparently tampered with the tuning of my engines, turned them from Legion amber to an alien red as shown in the follow-up picture taken mere moments after the fight.

I have never in all my life seen anything like this, and I'm honestly perplexed as to what I should do or think of it. For now it's locked in my ship's cargo-hold, likely tampering with the tuning of other systems and further mangling my bird. Any intelligence you have on the subject of things such as this would be highly appreciated and such a favor reciprocated in kind.

""Should I be concerned?""

The Order ~
Xeno Alliance ~

Herr 'Cobra',

By the description you've relayed, as well as the image of the item, there's no doubt in my mind that you had engaged an individual infected by the Nomads. What you've acquired is a portable compacted Nomad power cell. These devices, their origin obvious, are usually carried by the Nomads' subordinates as sources of unlimited contained power. Most often we've encountered them in the possession of those equipped with Nomadic veil encasers, the infamous cloaking devices we all know well from the past. I'm not surprised that it's doing things to your ship. The power cell, especially if damaged, can have unpredictable side-effects on ships not readily equipped to handle or resist them. You would do well to keep it secure, but this brings me to a request.

In the interest of preserving the safety of your ship, as well as perhaps the Xenos in general, I'd like to arrange a flyby to transfer this cell to a Legacy vessel operating in Liberty. Should you accept, I will notify my man in the region, Operative Gorobets, to make the trip to secure the cell. These pieces of Nomad technology can be irreversibly dangerous to those unprepared or ill-equipped to handle them.

I'll await your response. Operative Gorobets will be on stand-by until confirmation of an approval is received.

Dear Miss Becker.

As much as I'd love to entertain the wild request of one of our technicians to power a ship with this, I think the risks outweigh any and all potential utility. It's one thing to never have to worry about running out of power, it's another for me to wake up spaced without a flight-suit on.

Tell your man he can come pick up the package, my only request would be that if you somehow developed a more sustainable and less volatile adaption of this cell, that you kindly inform us of it. Fire has to be fought with fire, I'd like to think we can agree at least on that much even if you disagree with everything else we do.

""A pleasure""

The Order ~
Xeno Alliance ~

Herr 'Cobra',

Operative Gorobets confirms the cell's secure status aboard OCV Atum. We'll monitor the device, but until we can arrange for it to be returned to our holdings in the Omicrons, this is all we can do at the moment. Thank you for arranging this. Should you come across any other devices such as this, please contact us. The Order more than most people are well aware of what these things are capable of.

In the realm of adapting it, however, I'll point out that the Order has a vested interest in not only eradicating the Nomads but learning from them as well. Should we come up with anything from this cell, we'll be sure to let you know. I'm not sure how well something like that would work, since we're still experimenting with incorporating our tech with the Nomads' beyond a few fancy blaster guns, but that's what the heads in R&D are for.

We'll be in touch, Cobra.

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu
⧫ 18/04/826
⧫ FROM: The Order Overwatch
⧫ TO: Cobra

Infectee encounter

The power of these so called Nomad Power Cells is not infinite, nor is it easy to harvest without sophisticated alien or based-on-alien template of energy grid. Powering ship such as yourself with one may prove to be… extremely volatile and prohibitively expensive to maintain. We are talking about large scale efficient antimatter annihilation engines, solar powered dyson spheres/swarms and the like. That saying, The Order Overwatch is not going to sponsor nor approve of applying this technology to allied ships given we do not even have facilities required to recharge those cells at reliable basis. The Order Overwatch is willing to issue monetary incentive for recovering and delivering similar cells to R&D department of The Overwatch in the future.

That saying, you have exterminated an Infected ship, one we have placed a bounty for. You are entitled to claim 4.000.000 SC for its elimination either via official Board or from my own expense if you provide suitable bank account. Infected vessel designation matches affiliation to distinct Kusari offshoot of The Wild: the Aoi Iseijin which in Japanese amounts to “BLUE OTHERS”. Its kind is basing itself of northern edge of Kusari space, a remnant of larger contingent we combatted that refused to die like the rest at the conclusion of Nomad War. I would like to request to immediately notify The Order Command should more of these alien scum appear in Liberty at regular basis. This may warrant a change in overall strategy for House of Liberty in the long term planning.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
Black Fleet, 1st Battlegroup "Wargods"
[Image: FdrOzSY.png]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening audio recording...

[Image: fwEUsa3.png]

Sender: "Ridgenose"
Recipient: Order Overwatch.
Subject: Nomad Fuel Cell.

Pardon my revival of an old channel but during an Alliance operation in Cortez we ended up retrieving this. Since it's out of our league we were wondering if your offer on such items still stood. If so do let me know and we can make arrangements to transfer the cell into your hands.

"Liberty or death."
-"Ridgenose"

☠ Transmission signal lost.
[Image: LL00o7i.gif]

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu
⧫ From: Order Overwatch HC, Commodore William Storgen
⧫ To: Xeno Alliance, callsign "Ridgenose"

Nomad Fuel Cell

Good morning, Xenos. This is Order Overwatch and Commodore William Storgen, known as operative Starfire.

It is likely you found a cell that is quite different from already known Power Cells. We'll dispatch one or couple agents to the Kepler system as a potential safe point since the normal entrance is locked and the area is isolated from Houses to receive an item. I am sure our scientists have an interest in it.

Taking this opportunity, I want to remind threat of Nomads still exists, especially in Liberty. If you see any LSF operative or anyone with nomad-type weaponry, equipment, or strange items like pointed fuel cell - shoot them confidently and contact us. Especially in the recently discovered Omicron Nu system. Your government did a huge mistake by entering the wild edge of Sirius. Your efforts will be greatly rewarded.

Commodore William Storgen
2nd Battlegroup "End Times", 8:55, 26.02.828

⧫ Attachments:

[Image: FdrOzSY.png]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening audio recording...

[Image: fwEUsa3.png]

Sender: "Ridgenose"
Recipient: Order Overwatch.
Subject: Nomad Fuel Cell.

Our people will be waiting in Kepler then. We will keep you updated in the case we run across any ships carrying more items like this.

"Liberty or death."
-"Ridgenose"

☠ Transmission signal lost.