Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why do you think Core| is a bad faction ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Okay, before we begin discussing in this thread please take a moment to read the rules.

Rules-

1)Lythrilux and Omicron(golanski), These two members are extremely passionate about their factions, we know this. But both of them, especially lyth try to dominate the argument all together and the thread usually gets locked. Hence both of these members are not allowed to post here.
2) no proxy posting for both of these members aswell
3) Post only what you feel and you think Core| can do better
4) Read the Core| faction info thread-

Also Read through these -

1.1) Core| only Roleplays as a Omicronis House,that's their RP. Other factions shouldnt Consider this roleplay. The faction is too small to be able to gain a significant amount of territory for the Omicrons to be established as a house.
1.2) Core is not really that strong ( although we have more inrp explanations about our supplies and 95% of all the house factions have a trade contract with core)
1.3) Core|, Core, cannot be trusted in PVP situations to shoot Only the nomads, Its both in Core| history aswell as how the factions has been represented until now.
1.4) Core|, Core, Doesnt think Nomads are the enemies of humanity. The faction is considered to be the Nomad Farmers, The Factions want's to exploit the advanced technology of nomads to the fullest. This is the only Different Roleplaying in the Omicrons i've seen, except the outcast every other faction wants to eliminate the nomads. I think a faction like core needs to exist for this sole purpose of providing dynamic RP regarding the Situation. Otherwise it becomes all unlawful's vs nomads.
1.5) Regarding Core stealing Loot from the omicrons event, I cant even wrap my head around why this became an issue. You came to an event wanting loot, other players wanted it aswell, Just cause you tractored the loot faster you think you own it ? no, Event's are FFA, Some Disco players are just Lenient enough to let you get away, Others are not.
I appreciate that you may have positive intentions, but this reads like an opportunity for a general attack on the core playerbase (which is not what you wanted to achieve), or a confrontational request from people who are solidly anti-core who will use this thread for a diatribe of thhe the kind of "ugh, this person is bad, we should try to force them to change their approach to the game" stuff that really cause trouble for the discovery community and is the source of a lot of toxicity. It's very cynical.

It's quite likely this thread will get locked because people are going to derail it.

If you don't like how somebody plays, just don't play in their faction or make another group with the same ID and play it your way. If you don't play those characters, play something else (this goes for the people who are going too inexorably post her in a hostile way, too).

Edit: I am not in Core or Order, I just think these kind of threads help nobody.
I don't actually think Core is a bad faction, they do bad things in terms on InRP (And that's fine) and I feel most people equate InRP actions with OORP actions. Nobody likes a "Bad" faction in terms of their present and past actions but all those actions where at least done (I hope) in a realistic and logical InRP fashion without much OORP influence. Generally when I'm in the Omicrons I enjoy rping with Core, because otherwise people are a bit too nicey nice to eachother. Then again I'm new so, my opinions may not matter too much.

Oh and yea these threads don't really help.
(04-17-2019, 10:06 AM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate that you may have positive intentions, but this reads like a general attack on the core playerbase and the kind of "ugh, this person is bad, we should try to force them to change their approach to the game" stuff that really cause trouble for the discovery community.

This thread was created with the intention of what the Community and Certain faction thinks about Core| and why they think about them in that way. Of course Constructive Criticism is always appreciated.

The Intention of the thread is to try and explain why Core| did something Crappy in a certain situation and why it might or might not fall inline with their Roleplay. The Faction Feedback section is only open to the person involved in the situation and the HC. This thread will allow us to more briefly explain what went wrong.
Okay I have to dig into the Omicron House concept because as far as I know (and this may be wrong), Core has ZOI throughout the Omegas and some Sigma systems as well.

I remember a few days ago, Lyth asked a similar question on the Core discord with a survey link and I detailed there that Core should try to expand into the Omegas too, in the sense that they are a bit of a trading faction (inRP at least) and that they can construct POB's there and fight against the Hessians and Corsairs for territory. Plus the Wilde are (inRP) active in the Omegas, so there is an opportunity to harvest Nomad/Wilde technology there too.

Personally I think that would make it interesting if they got tumbled up in the politics of the Omegas and Sigmas too by attempting to establish not necessarily a planetary colony but at least some bases there to protect trade routes and farm nomads as they do inRP.

So I'm wondering, why is there an emphasis on the Omicrons? Sure that's where azurite and nomads are, but getting involved into the politics of other regions can only make things more interesting can't it? Especially since the politics of the Omicrons has becoming really predictable since FP11 got NEMP'ed back in 2015. Its basically just empty, unless the Zoners/Order/Core go to war with one another which happens every year anyway. With a planet in the Omicrons colonised, you guys do have some permanent ground to settle, and some breathing room presumably. Expanding a bit and getting involved in other regions could also increase the activity of other factions too like the GMG and Corsairs.

So how come you guys want to stick to the Omicrons only?

The second thing is,

Ah I forgot what the second thing was, maybe I'll come back to it later.
Because the faction feel the need to overplay how relevant they are in grand scheme and overextend themselves into conflicts that should not bother them. Constant self-admiration by some member(s) gets annoying over time and this rubs off people the wrong way. Perhaps minimising the ooRP contact and just actually playing in Omicrons would make people less hostile and upset about Core
I don't really think the Core is a bad faction in any way but I'm at a loss as to how to reconcile the Core's very existence with the idea of the edgeworlds as a wild west beyond "add more content so we can eat it" which, like, isn't really a tenable design goal at all.

But that gets into bigger issues about what is essentially Discovery's equivalent of entropy with factions getting larger and eating everything in their path. There's a reason I never had the HF go after Wichita, go into mining despite having two mining zones in their home systems, etc. But it never really made any sense for them not to and people are naturally never going to make an effort to restrain themselves in 95% of scenarios.
I personaly think that sticking to Dagger and O55 in whole make small sense after all changes. It was not much sensial even with old O55, and it become just dead horse with current one. I know Lyth really try hard to make this work, i personally think that just system for it entirely wrong, and it was wrong decision to stick to it.

Just look for example how it was repaired after nomad attack. While it should've been interesting and had sense inRP and etc, there wasnt any ways for Coalition indies as example to prevent this supplying due ID limitations. Other factions just were not much alive or interested in it. Add not best current system design, and we have what we have.

Same goes for Pews, its just seems boring and nonsensial to go on Core vessel in this asshole to really do something, because it cutted from anything, and havent any another purpose.

I honestly dont see why Core so stick to it, instead of moving efforts in Omegas to O-3, O-7, O-2 where house corporations interests oppose to independent parties, and Core could have more sensible cooperation.

Why i think so - in o55 dagger is dead horse for another factions because we need players to play and RP. Lyth try hard change it, but i dont think it somehow real or have sense or will work. Not without realy radical system and connections design changes.

BTW - dont think Core is bad, but guess there can be work for better adjusting inRP with ooRP, which would help to Core players in first.
log snubs.
Personally, I don't know what to say or think about it, but recently I read their info page, everything is said in it, the problem is that we don't know what they think. One could say that they are bad mercenaries perhaps and that they do not hesitate to commit atrocious crimes, killing civilians is not a problem for them if they are paid. Maybe the question is on the side of those who hire them.

But then, as I said, I don't know what to think about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5