Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is it time to return old SNAC into Freelancer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's being a while since SNAC nerf. Nowadays PVP-dead timer is standing up to 60 minutes. It is way not longer than it was (120 minutes.) I suggest returning old SNAC into Freelancer.
You got dual MR SHF's that are better at shooting down snubs.

Ergo..

[Image: original.gif]

<3
yeah, what Kaze said
So there's something that can insta-kill the insta-killing SHF.
The amount of effort you guys spend into hating people for nerfing snac should be used to learn a different class instead, by now you would all be experts if you'd put that energy into it instead
No.
Is it time to fly VHFs again?
SNAC was a nice mechanic of the mod implemented since its early years and lasted so many years with little to no changes proving that it was balanced and not an OP weapon. Giving it such a drastic nerf was not the best idea in ruining a core mechanic. Devs should have started with small nerfs, like lower refire, slower projectile, more power required to shoot. In the end if all of these faild, balance plugin would have been the best solution to deal with it. It is not a click once and you get the kill as many think. It requires some degree of skill but to be honest some luck is involved too. SNAC is easy to counter it. Not jousing a bomber and going as far from it when deshielded are enough to lower the chances to the point that you are almost impossible to hit with it. If people still agree that SNAC being an insta kill to snubs is a bad idea, every insta kill method should be removed too. Hitting a rock with dual nova and take down with ya everything surrounding ya is ok? LM-ing snubs while turret zoomed (which gives ya some aim assist) is ok? But hey, why even bother listen to those who have a word to say about it when you can say "git gud".
To expand upon my earlier statement:

(04-17-2019, 03:35 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]So there's something that can insta-kill the insta-killing SHF.

This is the logic I see behind any argument raised for the reversal of the nerf. I am indifferent to them now just as I was indifferent to them before. Things like SNACs, MRs - actually why don't we just go ahead and say that this game requires some degree of skill to play. There will always be that bar. You can't balance skill out of a game. You can only remove mechanics that make skill less likely to succeed. At the end of the day, a good player will still win with whatever guns you put in his hand. It isn't because the gun is good and I'm not saying that all of those statistics don't play any factor here, however someone's own ability to adapt to a situation with what tools they're provided is a more prevalent factor.

At the end of the day, there will be insta-kills or there won't be insta-kills. Adapt or die.
(04-17-2019, 03:51 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]To expand upon my earlier statement:

(04-17-2019, 03:35 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]So there's something that can insta-kill the insta-killing SHF.

This is the logic I see behind any argument raised for the reversal of the nerf. I am indifferent to them now just as I was indifferent to them before. Things like SNACs, MRs - actually why don't we just go ahead and say that this game requires some degree of skill to play. There will always be that bar. You can't balance skill out of a game. You can only remove mechanics that make skill less likely to succeed. At the end of the day, a good player will still win with whatever guns you put in his hand. It isn't because the gun is good and I'm not saying that all of those statistics don't play any factor here, however someone's own ability to adapt to a situation with what tools they're provided is a more prevalent factor.

At the end of the day, there will be insta-kills or there won't be insta-kills. Adapt or die.

Yeah people keep thinking SNAC was a gun used to hopefully win in any duel or sort of situation .

ok.
Pages: 1 2 3