Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lag!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so to start off, i happily go on to enjoy some time on my Samura, AFA or KNF...im all fine and dandy
Until about 5 minutes in i start getting red econnection issues, i mean it stays like that for a while and i see players leaving and entering, no comm chatter, and i eventually lose connection, anybody had this problem before? solution?
Yes this happens with my/my cousin's com. (We share a Com.)
Hmmm first of all, how long has this been happening?
If it happens every time you log in, then It's your router or your adaptar. If you have the connection through the wall you probly want to contact your company (the one that handles your Internet.) If it doesn't let you on at all. (like you dont see the list) Try to get on your regualar Browser (Explorore, Mozzila etc.) If that works, then look at properties on the freelacer icon, and see if the ip is still there. (If it's not... just put it back)
If nothing works, it's probly your adaptar or router. Just get a new one.

Well, that's all i got. Hope i helped!

(Wait a second...I just realized! If he gets back on Disco that meens his internet does work!)
I have problems with lagging lately. Shutting skype/xfire/etc. down doesnt help. In-game I have constantly red icon, but /ping shows nothing unusual. I thought about server-side lagging, but everyone else seems okay, and its not still the same, it usually happens in middle of some bigger fight, or just when plainly idling or trading. Everything else except FL is working right.

Any ideas what might help? I am no expert about these things so... :(
I'd still think it's the server.. damn thing.. I've had minimum 5% loss the whole time.. whenever I log on. And I know it ain't my connection.
If its server side, why would everyone else be okay?

"Server has chosen only me to be the king of lag! Yeeeha"

:wacko:
Well from what I know.. others ain't fine either.. But in any case then.. try to check if anything is draining bandwidth from your side.. perhaps a torrent in the background.. is anyone else using your connection.. is there a problem with your ISP perhaps?
Swift, loss is your connection without doubt ... Simple as that. Players are suffering some form of connection
issues at the moment, me included, and it is not the server, otherwise every single player would have exactly
the same problem.

Hoodlum
Hm.. I'll need to check into it then. Sorry for the presumptions.. from what I heard lately everyone had problems with it.

Any suggestions, other than removing all possible bandwidth drains?
If its my connection, that doesnt explain why everything except FL is working allright... maybe some issue between me and server... god knows

Good to know I am not alone :)
Why was the topic changed?
Still, anybody try and fix this yet?
Pages: 1 2