Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Capship Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Once 4.85 rolls around I'll be getting my first capship, a Kusari Destroyer.
I really don't know anything about how to fly/equip them.
My current setup idea is this:

~Weapons
- 1x Missile turret
- 1x Inferno
- 1x Razor
- 6x Primary/Defense/Secondary turrets (What's the difference between these three?)

~Armor/Defenses/Other
- Graviton Shield
- 3.0 cap armor upgrade
- Heavy CM
- Reinforced CD
- Capship Thruster

I already have the RP setup and [KNF] approval, but any RP advice is welcome.

Teach me, O masters of the warships, cleanse my ignorance!

P.S. I've already read Athenian's capship post, so no need to link it.
Well, over there in kusari you get a LOT of BD RedCat bomberwhores, similar to how we get lots of hessian thor bomberwhores.

Equip possibly 2-3 missle turrets, razors and normal turrets are fine also, but i reccomend only one each for a destroyer. There basically is no differrence between the normal turrets, secondary ect, they might be minute differences like one fires 0.5 seconds faster and does less damage than the one that fires less fast and does more damge.
what about those new flak turrets?
' Wrote:similar to how we get lots of hessian thor bomberwhores.

That one made me "lol".!!?

Anyway , change the Razor with a Light Mortar and the RCD with a normal TCD , works much better. Other then that , you are ok to go.
missile whores ... that's useless ! I'm much more dangerous with normal guns !

Also the KNF with nomads ... where did you see it cam ? The order (for my corsair) and rheinland (chimera GS) turrets are better than your nomads also I think it goes the same way with kusarian turrets.
ditch the missiles and go normal guns.... and anyway, everything is changing in 85 so i am not sure how much good a loadout we can recommend till we see all the new stuff.
How can we possibly advise someone on something that is going to change in the new mod? The weaponlayout that is good now, might be useless in 4.85.
' Wrote:Teach me, O masters of the warships, cleanse my ignorance!

I have been summoned.

Now, first of all don't make plans for 4.85 loadout cause you don't know
how they plan to balance things.

Second, you wil need to reconsider some of your chosen weapons.

~Weapons
- 1x Missile turret ~don't take just any turret, take the Destroyer missile turret. It pwns majestically.
- 1x Inferno (a cool device, just hope they wont nerf it in 4.85)
- 1x Razor its totally useless in 4.84, try using 1 Cerberus turret as deals more damage per second for almost the same amount of power consumption. Also Since this is a Cruiser i'd rather equip a small mortar than a razor.
- 6x Primary/Defense/Secondary turrets (What's the difference between these three?) dunno...just use those that deal the most damage, im not sure but i think there are also Kusari turrets available for sale somewhere.

~Armor/Defenses/Other
- Graviton Shield
- 3.0 cap armor upgrade
- Heavy CM

- Reinforced CD find and use a train disruptor, if it fires wrong you wont mind allied NPCs going mad on you since you're in a cruiser.
- Capship Thruster
Note that all weapons are going to be class 9.

What about Solaris turrets?

' Wrote:Note that all weapons are going to be class 9.

What about Solaris turrets?

Solaris turrets (at this time) suck.

In SP, I've done some experimenting. The Solaris turrets shoot out a decent amount of shots, but when you're popping into a patch of fighters, they don't individually do enough damage given the dodging that can be done. Cerberus turrets drain too much power. I'd keep a mortar or a couple of light mortars for anti-cap work, and just load up either on all secondaries or keep one missile turret.

Pages: 1 2