Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tales of The Cambridge Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Story link

Any help with lore and dates to try and make this story as authentic as possible would be appreciated! Trying something new.

Disclaimer: I know some hate will fly for this so keep it civil eh?
Honestly, it is not even about hate. I simply wonder how comes Bretonia has resources to lease a whole Dunkirk to the Liberty Navy while being at war with enemy at their capital's doorstep and without a shipyard to maintain existing capital ships?

P.S. No, Aland can in no way be considered shipyard capable of it.
Fairly sure we are not leasing any battleships to anyone at the moment. I'm afraid that you would have to swap the Dunkirk out for a liberty-built Overlord for the story to be in accordance with the lore of both houses.
(05-06-2019, 10:29 AM)Pitohui Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, it is not even about hate. I simply wonder how comes Bretonia has resources to lease a whole Dunkirk to the Liberty Navy while being at war with enemy at their capital's doorstep and without a shipyard to maintain existing capital ships?

While I agree there is no way Bretonia would gift Liberty a battleship, I suggest you at least read the RP, as it states the ship was transferred 810, which is before even the Kusari war started. And being that it is so far back, it adds even more question marks as to why Bretonia would give a battleship to a house that at that point was not even allied.
(05-06-2019, 12:14 PM)TheSauron Wrote: [ -> ]Fairly sure we are not leasing any battleships to anyone at the moment. I'm afraid that you would have to swap the Dunkirk out for a liberty-built Overlord for the story to be in accordance with the lore of both houses.

(05-06-2019, 10:29 AM)Pitohui Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, it is not even about hate. I simply wonder how comes Bretonia has resources to lease a whole Dunkirk to the Liberty Navy while being at war with enemy at their capital's doorstep and without a shipyard to maintain existing capital ships?

At least read the rp fellas.... 810 AS is when the ship was gifted.

(05-06-2019, 01:36 PM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]

While I agree there is no way Bretonia would gift Liberty a battleship, I suggest you at least read the RP, as it states the ship was transferred 810, which is before even the Kusari war started. And being that it is so far back, it adds even more question marks as to why Bretonia would give a battleship to a house that at that point was not even allied.

I have been told liberty and bretonia have been allies since the beginning of the mod
We are not leasing any battleships at the moment, as in there are no Dunkirks currently in service of any outside group, allied or otherwise. There weren't any in the past either.
(05-06-2019, 04:49 PM)TheSauron Wrote: [ -> ]We are not leasing any battleships at the moment, as in there are no Dunkirks currently in service of any outside group, allied or otherwise. There weren't any in the past either.

Well there is now, it was giften in 810 A.S. Smile Its a very old ship
I'm fairly sure that's not how it works.
I'm interested in seeing where this goes. While I will admit that Bretonia likely wouldn't give out their tech to other folk regularly, Liberty has been an ally of Bretonia's for the longest time, even before Disco's canon took effect. Both houses primarily speak the same language, have roughly the same culture (one is obviously more capitalist while the other is considerably more authoritarian), and have historically, even before the exodus, have good allies of each other for centuries. I'd find it believable that at least one Bretonian battleship would make it into the Liberty Navy.

Plently of player ships already stretch the canon anyway, so I don't see why this can't either.
Just don't defect it or something.
(05-06-2019, 05:23 PM)Spectre Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in seeing where this goes. While I will admit that Bretonia likely wouldn't give out their tech to other folk regularly, Liberty has been an ally of Bretonia's for the longest time, even before Disco's canon took effect. Both houses primarily speak the same language, have roughly the same culture (one is obviously more capitalist while the other is considerably more authoritarian), and have historically, even before the exodus, have good allies of each other for centuries. I'd find it believable that at least one Bretonian battleship would make it into the Liberty Navy.

Plently of player ships already stretch the canon anyway, so I don't see why this can't either.
Just don't defect it or something.

Thanks for being open to this new RP I am doing.

(05-06-2019, 05:23 PM)Spectre Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't defect it or something.

There is no plan to ever have this ship leave Liberty Navy.
Pages: 1 2