Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Franz.Oberhauser.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 141a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13.png][Image: 20.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 40.png]

Dear Sir or Madam,

please let me introduce myself, my name is Franz Oberhauser, Fixer of the Lane Hackers. I'm contacting you today about the ongoing problems with Ingenuus Research Group, we decided to involve the Red Hessian Army into this and get this group even banned from the Omegas. As such, we already contacted the Red Hessian Army and almost managed to convince them, to hunt down this researchers.

Now, let me tell you, why we are contacting you, the Red Hessian Army is asking for more evidence against the Ingenuus Research Group, and with your history against the Ingenuus Research Group, you might be able to provide the necessary evidence that we need to persuade the Red Hessian Army. I will upload you a copy of the transmission that has been sent, to the Red Hessian Army, hopefully you will be able to help us out.

With regards,

Franz Oberhauser, Fixer of the Lane Hackers.

...hack.initiated...uploading.copy…

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

⧫ Alexandria Research Institute
⧫ 01/06/826
⧫ FROM: The Order Science Division
⧫ TO: Franz Oberhauser

Declassified report

Missive from Alexandria on topic of Ingenuus Power Cell

The following communication is classified level Psi, any unauthorized access is punishable under The Order's Toledo Security Act of 804 A.S of the Black Squadron charter.

DECLASSIFIED BY ORDER OF THE OVERWATCH

The independent research group affiliated to Zoners under the name of “Ingenuus” had claimed to have developed a new way of generating energy other than nuclear fission and fusion. The so called Ingenuus Power Cell, according to IRG itself was a product of alien artifact studies. The Order R&D was intrigued so it felt to board of directors to decide further course of action. Beyond the diplomatic route we had considered asking sister agency of Wedjat to procure us the Cells by any means necessary. Director [ REDACTED ] had made contact with IRG and managed to secure a deal in which IRG would surrender custody of five Cells in exchange for Sirian Credits that happened to fall within budgetary constraints that The Order found fit to issue to this project.

[Image: m7pKBdi.png]

Cell no. 1 was issued to Director [ REDACTED ] for the purpose of adapting our existing infrastructure to operate IRG-built Cells instead of Nomad equivalent. The subsequent project [ REDACTED ] has been launched to restore one of The Order’s Primary Fleet relics into operational status without resorting to use of Nomad Power Cells.

Each and every Ingenuus Power Cell - to draw distinction from Nomad Power Cells, from now now referred to as “SITIA” 1 though 5 - has exact same spherical structure with six cones to facilitate plasma flow. In direct comparison, the Power Cells we are accustomed to are smooth, denser (Alien cell weights as much as 200% that of SITIA) and is built of material that is beyond humanity’s current industrial capacities to reproduce. Theories exist that material is in some way based on Nanachrite crystals found processed already in artifacts of Daam K’Vosh origin. Critics however state that property of the material used is not consistent with neither highly energized active cells or spent and inert derelicts. I refer to Directors [ REDACTED ] essay on Nanachrite, Soundwave metallurgy and Adapted Nomad Weaponry studies for further information on the topic.

SITIA is small enough to be carried by heavy fighters. While the infectees known as Das Wilde / Aoi Iseijin are known to carry Nomad Power Cells to power their subsystems and cloaking device, any such attempt to build fully Nomad-energy reliant fighter ended catastrophically so far.

Having received modified blueprints from IRG representative to make the ships hull, refit of OCV [ REDACTED ] was under way. Replacing the primary fusion reactor with adapted power grid that is commonly used to harvest energy from Nomad Cells, we initiated a series of incremental tests and improvements of our own in spite of IRG precise instructions as to how to deploy their product effectively on a mobile warship. Cell in its entirety was suspended between two magnetic pylons within containment unit. SITIA, much like the Power Cells started to emit gamma radiation sufficient to corrode unshielded hull platings as the plasma coils were activated to generate magnetic field. SITIA begun heating up and energizing the containment unit at 10% of nominal power of the reactor. Nomads - meaning their original form as biomechanical tech-parasites, not their unlucky hosts - do not appear to shield majority of their reactor units until discovery that Order fighters were sufficiently small to navigate into their lairs. It is known that Nomad warforms not only tolerate high doses of background radiation but also absorb any and all emissions to recharge their bioforms. All Nomad environments were found to be either highly radioactive (though stellar objects) or tampered with by use of weaponized Cells. It is unknown whether SITIA is capable of such critical demise but considering SITIA simulates behaviour and function of the Cell to extend until previously not possible with ‘human’ technology, threat remains real until stated otherwise.

Note: As of 25/05/826, Project [ REDACTED ] has been full success and was pressed into service within Black Fleet christened as O.C.V. [ REDACTED ].

SITIA 2, 3 and 4 are reserved for large scale application into heavy chassis beyond configuration of an Osiris. Should Project [ REDACTED ] be full success, we will still need to redesign our safety measures in place with singular and multi-cell drives. In case of failure, we will resort to either triple redundancy reactor or utilize already existing stock of power cells which is already tested in functionality.

[Image: TVR87tD.png]

SITIA 5 has been given into my personal care to study properties of the device in unpowered, inert state. Objectives of this study are as follows: estimate the total power capacity of SITIA. Research materials used to condense so much power into object that small. Find any clues concerning where IRG charges their product Despite attempts of my team, we had been unable to reverse engineer SITIA. At the current state of our progress, dismantling SITIA will result in irreversible damage of its internal components and rendering its use invalid forever after. IRG must had predicted such attempts and installed necessary precautions.

What puzzles me is the energy issue. While there are hypothesis to harvest power from sources other than fossil, fission and nuclear forces, the path taken by IRG is currently beyond my understanding. Sheer power required to fuel these cells by far outweighs capacity of Ames research station (the Ingenuus HQ) which to my knowledge operates on MOX fission reactor of Liberty origin. Kepler gap, located deep inside Kuryo dark matter nebula lacks any stellar features such as star or a blackhole which could be used as energy sources. The reports I demanded from The Order Overwatch concerning recon data on Galileo and Kepler gaps indicate no additional installations that could clue us on what is happening. Therefore we can conclude that IRG had not managed to use dark matter as energy source citing lack of technology and infrastructure to make such a project feasible. I am confident that development of dark matter reactor would be impossible to conceal given rampart presence of Xenos, Liberty Rogues and Lane Hackers in the clouds. Presence of another system within boundaries of Kuryo dark matter storm is not off the table, however previously mentioned factions would had located a jumphole by now.

IRG would need a Dyson swarm or sphere around K-class dwarf at least, or help from powers non-human. Personally, the idea of relatively small though well funded team of scientists becoming Type II civilization on Kardashev scale on their own alone is preposterous, not even mentioning doing it so without LSF, Kempeitai, Hackers or The Order catching glimpse of that beforehand.

Director Avery Sullivan
The Order R&D