Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Blood Dragon Oath-Bound bd]-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Operative.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143a.png][Image: 2.png]

Honourable Blood Dragons;

Firstly, any resurgence of historical partners of ours is a joyous change. We gladly welcome your re-invigoration and return to the fray.

As you may be aware, our organisations recently met in open space, which seemed to have been a point of confusion. As requested by your representative, I've been charged with bringing to your attention the important bond between our factions.

Since the days of Lord Willis of the Kana Keiko, our groups have been closely connected. This relationship has, over the years, been affirmed by Shōgun Itagaki Dato, Shogun Noboru Ryuu, Daimyō Akechi, Daimyo Senju Hashirama, Shogun Nagahide Niwa, Daimyo Kijima, Daimyo Augus, and the recent Hideyoshi Shogunate, often through tangible matters of technical, technological or logistical exchange. We are also declared allies of the Golden Chrysanthemums, and operate in partnership with them under an agreement known as the Orange Treaty, which I'll leave at that.

Ultimately our goal is to destabilise and damage corrupt corporate interests that work against the betterment and happiness of the common populace, an interest that I would expect is familiar to you. If that is indeed the case, we would enjoy that our partnership were to continue.

This would typically involve the continued provision of our wares and technical expertise through internal or external providers as circumstance decides, as well as a mutual openness for the fulfilment of natural requests or periodic needs. As it stands, our facilities are prime providers of software and armaments to your region and operational bases, shipments being underway daily. If you would wish to negotiate more specific terms than a friendly and ongoing partnership, we would of course, hear them. If you would demand our removal from Kusari space, we would be bound by our historical respect for your authority to listen.

Our ultimate interest is the furthering of our goals and organisation, and a mutual benefit is something we expect to provide, should you be interested in that.

We have much to offer.

In addendum, I would respectfully suggest refraining from labelling the Golden Chrysanthemums as our "middle men". I do not believe it would be appreciated.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
誓約団
Line open
Initiating communication...
Video link enabled - data transferred

[Image: QyHnlwQ.png]

[Image: DragonsLogo.png]
Identity: SAITOU, Sayuri
Origin: Staging Ground, Planet Tomioka
Recipient: Operative Glass, The Lane Hackers
Subject: Partnership

Operative Glass,

While it may be true that the Lane Hackers have had past relations with groups claiming ownership of the Blood Dragon movement, those groups, along with their false Shoguns and Daimyos, have not legitimately represented our cause.

I am unsure how much you know of our history, but the true Blood Dragons are the descendants of the Royal Guard of Shogun Hideyoshi. Deposed in a Samura backed coup over five hundred years ago, the Shogun took his own life in defeat, leaving our ancestors without lords or masters. I am telling you this because the Blood Dragon Oath Bound represents a shift back towards the roots of the Blood Dragon movement, and away from those who have co-opted our cause to seize power for themselves in Kusari.

Traditionally, the Golden Chrysanthemums have been our 'in' to the Sirian black market, and through this partnership the Lane Hackers have long been an indirect supplier of our bases. While we do not share an ideology with the radical feminists, our goals are similar, and they have been a valuable ally of ours for almost two centuries. We believe that to show disloyalty by undercutting the Chrysanthemums and going directly to their suppliers would be improper. Akin to the Hogosha betrayal of the Gas Miners Guild over the trade of artifacts.

For many years the Lane Hackers have openly collaborated with the Hogosha as a key player in the artifact trade. The Hogosha is a state sponsored criminal syndicate, a Samura puppet which has long stood in opposition to the goals of the Blood Dragons and our allies. It occurs to us that this partnership is in conflict with your alleged principles, and has left your organization’s true motives in doubt. There has never been cause for open hostility between our groups, and I see no reason why this should change, but we are hesitant to make further arrangements with your organization until we can be sure of your intentions.

It is my hope that you will be understanding of our skepticism.

Sayuri Saitou
Blood Dragon Oath Bound

Transmission ends
...Operative.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143a.png][Image: 2.png]

Mx. Saitou;

Thank you for your timely reply. I would firstly presume to know none of your history, you are the holder of the same. I would only ask that you continue to enlighten me on matters to which you are privy, and I am not. I would too, expect you and yours to do the same for us.

To my knowledge, the Chrysanthemums maintain a number of distributive markets for their own, in which we do not participate, from which they make a considerable sum. If they are concerned that our shipping equipment that we produce or acquire, to you, in place of their doing so, is cutting into profits they would expect and guard - it seems a matter between our organisation and theirs. One that we would, being such friends, gladly negotiate. In the mean time, it seems that there is no shortage of your demand, certainly not one we have been nearly able to fulfil. I would remind you that a sudden change to supply for your everyday logistical needs would be unwise, and at worst, dangerous to your operations. Not a threat, mind you, simply a word of advice from someone familiar with the field.

As for the Hogosha, it has been necessary over the years to maintain, at worst, ceasefires with as much of Kusari as we can. To facilitate this we have largely resisted involvement with the complicated internal politics of the great house, in which we have no rightful place. On the occasions that our assets are present in Kusari, being able to escape to the nearest facilities, resupply or simply rest is invaluable to our operations. In all this time, business opportunities have emerged with many different groups that we have taken up, solely for our own benefit. Our primary interest is simply financial, rather than our historical, closer bond with the Blood Dragons. Your organisation more than any should understand the importance, power and influence of money, and subsequently why it is important for us to maintain and grow our revenue. Without these profit streams, we would be unable to pursue our ideological goals. The farmer must toil the field to reap the harvest and book a vacation on Curacao.

I am glad of your concurrence that hostility would serve neither of us. Scepticism is a valuable trait in our organisation, and indeed often a prerequisite. Perhaps you'd consider recruitment. That aside, we understand your misgivings, and are willing to negotiate for your comfort, as it is much our interest as yours. As our long friends, we are obligated to this much. If it is indeed your wish that our involvement in shipments to your facilities cease, we can see that they are held, although I do not believe this to be in your interests. We would subsequently seek to negotiate a return to form. If you seek a demonstration of commitment to our cause, I encourage you to watch for the next time that the Libertonian corporate filth step within our reach, even within the bounds of Kusari, for we will punish their stupidity.

Much love and stay in touch; hope you are doing well and so on.

誓約団
Line open

Origin: Staging Ground, Planet Tomioka

Operative Glass,

In return for our protection, the Chrysanthemums have shown us that they are more than capable of keeping our bases well supplied and have successfully done so for a very long time. Traditionally, this alliance has also afforded us the opportunity to minimize the exposure of our operations to unfamiliar guests, unless circumstances have dictated otherwise.

While your long-standing partnership with our closest ally may at first glance speak well of the Lane Hackers, openly admitting that you betray your own ideals in the name of financial gain is not the way one typically gains the trust of a suspicious third party. Is it not possible that your relationship with the Golden Chrysanthemums could, similarly to your claims concerning the Hogosha, just be one of necessity?

While we have no intention to start shooting Lane Hacker vessels on sight, far from it – taking sides in the internal politics of Kusari may become a necessity if you want to gain our trust in the future.

I believe that actions speak louder than words, operative. Do not tell us that you value the Blood Dragons more than our enemies, show us.

Sayuri Saitou
Blood Dragon Oath Bound

Transmission ends
...Fixer.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Mx. Saitou;

I understand safeguarding information and proximity of your operations, it's a business concern we find ourselves frequently engaged in. As for our relationship with the Hogosha, I'm afraid I have made no such admission of a... self-betrayal, is it? None more than you have asserted that we already openly conduct, apparently. Regardless. I am hurt that you would suggest our relationship with the Chrysanthemums so casual, but appreciate your... keen interest in protecting their organisation.

I would make offers of action that may suit such the demonstration you have requested, though I am not in a position to make concrete offers. If instead, you would make a request of us, should you have any particular needs of late, I may relay it to our internal structures that we may decide upon a course of action, or that I may return to you with offers of my own. I look forward to hearing from you.

誓約師団
Line open

Origin: Unknown Vessel, Tau-53

Operative,

If we have need of your services we will be in touch. Until then, forgive us if we remain cautiously neutral.

Sayuri Saitou
Blood Dragon Oath Bound

Transmission ends