Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Retrofit Transport Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Retrofit Transport and I love how it looks.

But, to fly it's a bit of a pig - the turning circle is pathetic (a train is better), it does the high-mass wiggle and it has poor turret coverage.
For example - the cargo size, firepower, armour, size, and turning circle of the Serenity are all better.

To give this ship more of a purpose I'd suggest, based on the size and turning rate, to make it more of a heavy battle transport. From memory it was the original model for the Uruz, so the model was designed to be a battle transport, and effectively it's been nerfed. It's very much only used as a stepping stone for veterans until they can afford a better ship (pretty much anything else).

Can we buff the armour/firepower of this ship?
It's a free ship that is worth nothing. Its essentially bad on purpose.
It's also intended to be temporary for returning vets.
(05-17-2019, 11:21 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]It's a free ship that is worth nothing. Its essentially bad on purpose.

(05-17-2019, 12:08 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]It's also intended to be temporary for returning vets.
But why have it intended to be temporary, when it could be a useful asset?
I traded with it until I had enough to buy a bigger transport which I then used for trading. But I'd like to keep using the Retrofit for something because it is beautiful - there's just not anything which it is half-decent at.
Rerofit is trash for a reason , you cant expect to get ship for a free and that it is better that anything you can buy later by hard work.

If Retrofit is made better ,then somone will have to nerf some other ship to serve as beginner replacment until you earn enogh for something that is not beginner trash.

If you like flying it, just fly it, it is not like any transport you get is good in any area ( nearly every one suck in evasion , manurvebility, fighting, speed, weapons options ,defense etc ) except cargo space anyway.
For example , i love to fly my Renzy Liner , it looks awesome and thats all that mater to me, it dosent mater one bit that it cant win against anything despite Cloacking Device ,CAU VI and 12 guns .
Fact that it turns like Elephant , stucks easy in nearly every trade line also dont bother me, i still love it .
If you truly love your Retrofit, you will fly it despite its flaws.
(05-17-2019, 02:20 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]Rerofit is trash for a reason , you cant expect to get ship for a free and that it is better that anything you can buy later by hard work.

If Retrofit is made better ,then somone will have to nerf some other ship to serve as beginner replacment until you earn enogh for something that is not beginner trash.

If you like flying it, just fly it, it is not like any transport you get is good in any area ( nearly every one suck in evasion , manurvebility, fighting, speed, weapons options ,defense etc ) except cargo space anyway.
For example , i love to fly my Renzy Liner , it looks awesome and thats all that mater to me, it dosent mater one bit that it cant win against anything despite Cloacking Device ,CAU VI and 12 guns .
Fact that it turns like Elephant , stucks easy in nearly every trade line also dont bother me, i still love it .
If you truly love your Retrofit, you will fly it despite its flaws.
You’re saying the Renzu liner is bad - which has 100,000 more hitpoints, 700 more cargo and 7 more guns than the Retrofit?

I have carried on flying the Retrofit, but the only thing I can do with it is fly around looking badass, while not being badass at all.
the only thing i liked on mine, was that someone offered 300M for it ... if i'm not mistaken! otherwise is a useless and terrible ship, only good for bank of some kind of rp!
Got one that I'm trying to get rid of and I just hated it, used my Serenity to death on returning recently. But I agree with the previous posteroos. The thing is meant to suck, the model doesn't appeal to me personally. The fact I nearly smacked it into a planet cause I couldn't see where I was going thanks to the chimney it has on top pretty much meant its a hate ship for me. Then again I guess its purpose is to be a RP ship, where physical paramaters dont really matter all that much anyway. It certainly would make an interesting RP platform for somebody, little green space train that it is.
(05-17-2019, 01:11 PM)dr lameos Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2019, 11:21 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]It's a free ship that is worth nothing. Its essentially bad on purpose.

(05-17-2019, 12:08 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]It's also intended to be temporary for returning vets.
But why have it intended to be temporary, when it could be a useful asset?
I traded with it until I had enough to buy a bigger transport which I then used for trading. But I'd like to keep using the Retrofit for something because it is beautiful - there's just not anything which it is half-decent at.

I keep mine for smuggling purposes, main idea being its an old wreck and the guy's taking whatever job that looks good just to get by. He, himself, doesn't intend to break the law but he gets taken advantage of by criminals lying about what is being loaded on to the ship.
Needs to be a bit more reliable on lanes and probably have a bit more armor. Other than that it's alright
Pages: 1 2