Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: System Concept: Omicron Calamity/Calamitas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hm, me sharing an almost completely oversized crazy idea for a pretty old game? Yes, totally me, here we go again!

As the upper text says, here I go presenting you an idea for a System Concept that came into my mind a while ago.

How to reach it?
As title says it will be in the Omicrons, probably reached through a jump hole in Delta, Kappa, Lost or Chi. Nomads might get an extra alien jump gate connection from Iota or Psi.

What is this system?
Omicron Calamity/Calamitas was once for mankind a yet unknown system in the eastern outskirts of the edge nebula, the system itself looks like a complete impossibility itself, yet still it manages to exist. A system looking like in fairy tales of so called "Great Wound"-systems, systems with a uncommon amount of several black holes in it, turning the whole place into a navigational horror show. One large black hole in the center of the system, several medium sized and small black holes around the primary singularity. The whole place is a giant maze where each step might end fatal, only small corridors could lead to interesting places in the system, making it impossible for larger battleships crossing through, theriotically...

What is the purpose of this system?
Something wicked is lurking around some minor subspace ruptures... It appears that a oddly modified nomad shrine is beaming weird decompressed matter into one smaller black hole, trying to summon or bewitch something in it... It might be breeding something inside the hole, something with some technologies that were completely unthinkable yet for mankind, showing again, what wonders the nomads can pull off. It gets the weird matter/energy from other nomad energy generators heavily guarded by weapon platforms and maybe one of these nomad shield veils. But the nomad energy generators actually just help, to let the weird energy/matter flow to the shrine that it can beam these to black hole, the actual "generator" is a megastructure, an matter decompressor of a large size decompressing energy/matter drawing it right from one of the other black holes, it might be that this megastructure is Dom'Kavash origin like the Dyson sphere. The black hole that gets the energy/matter might be even synthetically crafted, it looks a bit weirder like normal black holes but it still looks like a black hole.

Whatever it is, the nomads are behind it and this can turn out fatal for mankind if nothing will get done...

What could be RP goals for this system?
The system itself could be a crucial tactical sector for all factions seeking to gain power, defending mankind from nomads or maybe just want to explore amazing looking anomalities.
The colossal matter decompressor would be interessting for all factions to conquer, extracting rare strange matter or gaining energy from black holes would be an astonishing scientific progress and would change the economic situation entirely of gaining ressources and/or energy.

The Order, Core or whatever factions could fight to aquire this Matter Decompressor and role play about how to get to this point, how to conquer it stealing it from the claws of the nomads. It will be a suicide act, but the price will be a tool for literally printing money from getting hell amounts of ressources. This weird matter can be researched and as a new raw material for many several purposes...

On the other hand it might be better for mankind to save humanity before the nomads achieve their setted goals... the nomads will try all desperately to defend the shrine and mstter decompressor....

What are the nomads planning?
Okay the whole system is really deep into sci-fi but this will be probably even more crazy. The nomads actually attracted the other black holes into the system using the help of the biggest one in the center, Omicron Sigma have shown already that nomads are able to manipulate gravitational pulls of black holes, the shrine has something to control that, maybe an artifact, who knows...

The shrine apparently tries to "give birth" to this special black hole trying to summon a new type of Leviathan monster, a nomadic dimensional horror, a hybrid between nomad organic crystalline structures and a small black hole (A black hole with blue purplish disc and tentacles...). That vessel is connected to the Mindshare and would serve as a new colossal type of star destroyer like the Suncrusher Shamash. I would name this black hole nomad leviathan hybrid Tiamat personally or maybe name the matter decompressor Tiamat, since Tiamat is a creator goddess to create younger gods...

This leviathan could destroy entire worlds, ripping entire planets, tearing it into small fragments apart and devouring it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So long wall of text, yes this is my concept for a new colossal dangerous playground which could contribute to the story, giving a new long term goal for several factions and creating an interesting system to see and to explore, maybe inside this system there are other interesting high risk high reward places to visit...

The system itself is a reference to the great wound system in Stellaris, here a picture for reference:
[Image: Do2XeAPXUAAS2y3.jpg]

Yes I know this system is really hard to imagine for the old deer Freelancer... still want to write down my idea, maybe there is hope... Of course this system would also probably need some new models for black holes. Also new mechanics for the black holes, where we might hit hard on the limitations, for now it would be okay if they work like suns and stronger radiation zones and that you could get trapped in it somehow.

The ones we have ingame are kinda... yeah... I actually saw some other mods where it shows that other models are there for black holes, although you would probably need many 3d artist geniuses for this... I would love it, if the black holes would look like in the movie interstellar being more a black sphere with the fire ring around it, or maybe letting it look like the ones you see in the Great Wound picture...

Like I said something the nomads are controlling, keep the black holes somehow apart from each other, it also looks like they can only use smaller black holes for their purpose or try ot create more black hole leviathans with more holes, also the whole system gets easier to defend with such monstrosities floating around it.

Tell me what you think about this colossal project, hey I am just the random person suggesting this crazy idea, I can take the blame. Just would like to share my ideas... it is okay if it wont make it ingame, but hey atleast I tried.

The Matter Decompressor itself is a reference to Stellaris aswell, it is a megastructure there that extracts matter from the black hole, drilling massive amounts of the mineral ressource there for the player. "The key to extracting matter from the black hole is the ultimate refinement of the gravity redirection system: Forming a focused area of twisted gravity, in effect creating a vast drill whose bore is made of redirected and concentrated gravitational force."
[Image: mbdwlmvz47221.png]

I am open for any feedback, have fun telling me how impossible it is.
You know my opinion, bro. I support it, but sadly I think it will stay what it is... a idea.
Hi,

This is a great idea, we really need some unknown, dangerous place to explore, some boss ships to spawn here and there to fight. That Star Destroyer Suncrasher you mentioned and more ancient ships threatening humanity. Maybe that part with the nomads seeking revenge. Also seeing The Order manufacturing more Horus Dreadnoughts like Thebes make them playable. Factions like Corsairs, Zoners and The Order combining forces againsts the nomads.

Ya have second supporter now, i hope that does not stay just as an idea.