Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Problems of Discovery freelancer. Why it moving to Crossfire freelancer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sorry about my english,not my native. But i will try to say about problems and give some desitions.

1. We need to understand,that a discovery freelancer is a game\online game. This is not forum game. Not a forumlancer. Forum must be a supplymenting part,but not the main. And if we have desition in forum - they must be dublicated in game in ID and very important - in IFF. All relationships must be dublicated in game.
2. IFF is the basis of the game. Green friend,white neutral,red - enemy. If we will broke the basis that green is friend - all game will loose the sense. Id of player first of all must show the carrying player what he can do and what cant. Another players in RP cannot see the ID,this is player owned function,which giving him the navigation of way and rules,not to the other players. Such situations that Republican shipping have the red IFF to MND - wrong. Repship must have restricted access to MND bases,but not the red IFF. In perfect - they must be gree,because this is their defenders,or white if they dont know what is MND. But not the red. They are not in war,they are not the enemies. Thats wrong.
3. Roleplay. For most part of you roleplay its mythic talks about your long way and high risks. But thats not true,because you have no risks. Why we still talking about this myths in game,if we can provide it? Just image,if you have unlimited powercore and your rp in game about core,which is low and you cannot fight so long. We need to provide all this talks in game,because roleplay cannot torn off from real game. If you talking about risks - you must have it.
4. Zone of influence. We need to understand that inRP,in game,we have another world,that on forum. Yes,on forum you can show,how you selling 5000 units of hfuel and you supporting you faction and now you can build 100500 battleships. But in game,we need to understand that this is big defference between forum and game. In game 1ship with 5000 does mean nothing. For example,train in a trade line,how many he using hfuel? Not so many. But if he not using tradelines - alot. In game,every system - this is a big distances which llayers forgeting in ooRP. For example Corsairs have no their hfuel producing factories in such numbers,like in the houses with corporations. Even if they have it - how many will take delivery of hfuel to base through other system without any trade lines? Alot of time and alot hfuel. So this means,that they are standing much lower position,than any houses.
What im proposing? - every player ship will use hfuel or other types of fuel to fly and fight.
How it will work?
We know every ship have an engine. So basicaly - fuel in cargohold will provide speed of ship and his core of firepower(need to think about shield). Without fuel ship will have only 10% of his normal speed(80) and can not to use cruise speed. So this will provide in game in RP moving of hfuel to fly,trade and fight. In future we need to provide more resourses to work ingame. Like in the player bases.
Ofcourse we need to upgrade size of cargohold of ships for normal gaming and do omre stations which selling hfuel around the sirius.
Calculator of using hfuel:
Fighters (+\-) will use near 1 unit of hfuel in 2 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.
Bombers will use near 1 unit of hfuel in 1.5 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.
Gunboats will use near 1 unit of hfuel in 1 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.
Destroyers will use near 1.5 unit of hfuel in 1 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.
Cruisers will use near 2 unit of hfuel in 1 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.
Battlecruisers will use near 2.5 unit of hfuel in 1 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.
Battleships will use near 3 unit of hfuel in 1 minute of speed 80(90). Thruster will eat +50% of hfuel more. Cruise speed (powercore offline) will eat +100% of basic speed,but will provide more distance to fly.

What it will give us - this is will give players the reason to buy for hfuel and fight for hfuel and the rest kinds of fuel. Capships will eat alot of fuel and this will reduce their number in game. About powercore and shileds need to think little more to balance it.
Ofc tradelines will give advantage for traders in house space like it must be with autobann and outroad.

5. Restrictions. If game will reduce from patch to patch role restrictions - we will have low online and will have Sirius police\sirius military and pirates without any belonging to factions of sirius. IFF will die. Every IFF may have hard restrictions by their fuel stocks of fuel,population,workbase,tech base and REAL goals of their roleplay ingame. For example Liberty rouges have no goals to fly and fight in kusary. So their zone of influence is limited by liberty and border worlds. InRP fly on fighter\bomber or other ship without any tradeline (inRP they have no access to use it) is too long,too risky too difficult,too expensive. So we need to rebalance every faction in game to their posibility to fly far from their base.
For understanding - you are living NY,you home there. But you work in Europe. Will you fly everyday there to work? thats the same. You will have work near your home and zone of influence near you home - friends and ect.
If faction has the base\planet without docking rings in system - they have zone of influence in this system.
if faction has the planet with docking ring - this will provide them the platform to work in other systems. Planet can give mush more resources,than the base.Humans,fuel,repairparts.

6. Metagaming. We need to change the system of player chat. Thats not fair and not giving some interest ingame,to see where player is now. So we need to change it to:
player in Omega 3 > Omegas,Omega 7 > Omegas, Stuttgard > Rheinland, New Berlin > Rheinland. Nobody want to trade,when he know how pirate can find him by the chat. Know how you moving and where you going. That ooRP function must be changed.

Thats the first part about changing of Disco. But i think,nobody will understood me.

But anyway,i will try.

For example,in past,before disco i played Crossfire a little,and then understand that IFF is the basis of the game,ships must be used by their factions,capships must be heavy targets for snubs. In crossfire this all not working. Pirate ID with IFF liberty police on a Rheinland battleship can be hunted by player with police ID with IFF Mollys on a nomad fighter and will easily will kill the BS,because BS has the same guns and the same hull.
I did some propositions to dev of crossfire to change the game (there was 10 players online at peak)...but they just closed the thread. But later i have find this all here. I never knew about dicsco before.

You can read this all.
Crossfire, ignoring 99% of it's problems (which is an extensive list), is terrible because it has the worst balance of any game I've ever played.

Actually reading your thread a little, a lot of the points you bring up apply to Crossfire, and most Freelancer mods for that matter. I think your problem lies more with Freelancer itself and it's limited functionality (being a game from over 16 years ago).

Oh I of course forgot to mention:
[Image: cancer.png]

Laz is gae <3

Upd: P.S: Freelancer =/= Elite: Dangerous
"all ships should use H-Fuel."

No.
(05-20-2019, 08:12 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]"all ships should use H-Fuel."

No.

Some of them use MOX
You're proposing to change really large aspects of the game and how the balancing works. Surely you have to be aware of the implications your proposal has, more specificly the work implementing your changes would require, not to speak of all the adjustments of the rest of the mod. While player input is a good thing to give the dev team directions the doability is something else. I say leave gameplay changes to the people who know how the mod works.

And just a tip in general: Don't make a wall of text with multiple proposals. People won't bother reading and understanding all of it. I know I certaily didn't.
He forgot about a gallic ships with their oil or what the hell they use as fuel. (delete gallia)
(05-20-2019, 08:14 PM)Couden Wrote: [ -> ]

No.

Some of them use MOX

More so referring to his post.

But point stands. Using fuel will lead to worse things. Fuel is an inrp thing and should stay as such.

No.

I said,for example,of crourse mox,oil and others. But need to think about it.
no
Pages: 1 2 3 4