Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Rights Revision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FR1 and FR7 have been obsolete for years now, ever since guard systems were removed or reshaped into open systems. They need to either be repurposed or removed.
(05-21-2019, 03:41 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=163978

I kinda' think faction right seven would be cool. Just restrict it to a specific system for each group.
(05-21-2019, 03:54 PM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2019, 03:41 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=163978

I kinda' think faction right seven would be cool. Just restrict it to a specific system for each group.

You have /restart and /conn
The only guard system left is Phi. Virginia could potentially be one as well, however, it has a Xeno base within it. FR1 is more of a case of removing the last traces of guard systems in the mod.
(05-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]it has a Xeno base within it
Its presence there is in discussion. It feels like a dead-end and it really doesn't fit the whole lore established behind the nature of Virginia as a literal fortress. Just pointing it out since it was mentioned. Carry on with the original discussion.
(05-21-2019, 03:54 PM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda' think faction right seven would be cool. Just restrict it to a specific system for each group.

Guard systems were training grounds back when you couldn't beam to Connecticut. Since that's no longer the case, there isn't any point to that rule, it was an OORP thing anyway.

(05-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The only guard system left is Phi. Virginia could potentially be one as well, however, it has a Xeno base within it. FR1 is more of a case of removing the last traces of guard systems in the mod.

There is no definition of guard systems in the server rules, so FR1 has no basis anymore. And to be fair it was always pointless, since everyone, not just official factions, could kill/tax anyone on sight in guard systems. And they can still do so in some cases which are specified on the faction's ID (Alaska, Zone 21, Westerwald etc. ).
+1. Makes sense to remove #1 and rewrite or remove #7.

But, while we're on the topic of rewriting faction rules, could we put some more emphasis on the responsibilities section?
(05-22-2019, 08:44 AM)Champ Wrote: [ -> ]But, while we're on the topic of rewriting faction rules, could we put some more emphasis on the responsibilities section?

On the one hand, I feel OFs are already under so much scrutiny and have so many responsibilities compared to indies (at least) that piling them with more seems unfair.

On the other, there are repeat cases of factions neglecting their responsibility to promote healthy roleplay and gameplay, and help maintain both of those within the server environment, and in some cases we've had factions actively going out of their way to detrimentally impact the community experience for others without suffering consequences.