Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoner migrants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The original Gran Canaria infocard ... at least before the devs decided to steal it from the zoners ... said that the planet had around 300k of total polulation, and if there were corsairs and brets settlements, it means that of those 300k of total polulation, about 2/3 were Zoners .. .fair numbers. But after that the "invasion", and even before it, there were events of massive evacuation ... even on 5k transports .. yes ... transporting people of cargo containers is very rp ... but ok!! So basicaly ... there are no more zoners left there, except some traitors ... i mean ... collaborators of the invasors and some that are fighting back ... not many on this case unfortunately! So why this "commoditie" still exist, and i continue to see 5k transports, even ZBTs, full of then? And today i even saw some Bustards? No sense at all of this continue to exist, and people also RP that thousands and thousands are still left to leave?!

Unfortunately the zoners of this case where dump aside, even despite a dev once agree with that, but nothing was done, and i bet nothing will ... so far i only found one player willing to do something in game today so kudos for that pirate i saw on Omega 49 few minutes ago.

So my request ... end this thing .. this commoditie that has no sense to continue to exist, and should never existed at least for transports, and only for liners.

take care and have fun
Or, alternatively, leave one of the best non-ore trade routes alone.
(05-26-2019, 10:58 PM)Enoch! Wrote: [ -> ]Or, alternatively, leave one of the best non-ore trade routes alone.

there are plenty of non ore trade routes for you to trade, that are also very good, even if yo udon't care about rp, that this server so much "defends".
(05-26-2019, 10:50 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]The original Gran Canaria infocard ... at least before the devs decided to steal it from the zoners ... said that the planet had around 300k of total polulation, and if there were corsairs and brets settlements, it means that of those 300k of total polulation, about 2/3 were Zoners .. .fair numbers. But after that the "invasion", and even before it, there were events of massive evacuation ... even on 5k transports .. yes ... transporting people of cargo containers is very rp ... but ok!! So basicaly ... there are no more zoners left there, except some traitors ... i mean ... collaborators of the invasors and some that are fighting back ... not many on this case unfortunately! So why this "commoditie" still exist, and i continue to see 5k transports, even ZBTs, full of then? And today i even saw some Bustards? No sense at all of this continue to exist, and people also RP that thousands and thousands are still left to leave?!

Unfortunately the zoners of this case where dump aside, even despite a dev once agree with that, but nothing was done, and i bet nothing will ... so far i only found one player willing to do something in game today so kudos for that pirate i saw on Omega 49 few minutes ago.

So my request ... end this thing .. this commoditie that has no sense to continue to exist, and should never existed at least for transports, and only for liners.

take care and have fun

Drop Zoner Migrants. Add an agricultural export, like wood or something. There are forests on GC too right?

Also then make Gran Canaria New Sydney a good sell point for Refugees from Leeds! LRF will do the loading! And angry blood thirsty Zoners/Corsairs/Pirates may make it a dangerous trip. So then there is also a good export and its good to go. Wood could be bought up in plenty of places all over Sirius as a highly valuable luxury construction material (expensive furniture). Those who opposed GC's annexation might see it as an insult to find GC's wood start flowing all over Sirius.
(05-26-2019, 11:06 PM)JonasHudson Wrote: [ -> ]Drop Zoner Migrants. Add an agricultural export, like wood or something. There are forests on GC too right?

Also then make Gran Canaria New Sydney a good sell point for Refugees from Leeds! LRF will do the loading! And angry blood thirsty Zoners/Corsairs/Pirates may make it a dangerous trip. So then there is also a good export and its good to go. Wood could be bought up in plenty of places all over Sirius as a highly valuable luxury construction material (expensive furniture). Those who opposed GC's annexation might see it as an insult to find GC's wood start flowing all over Sirius.

planet is frozen so maybe wood is not best option. GC is still the major deuteruim location. not long ago there was a mining point on omega 49 ... why not something like that?

but even so is a good contribution for the topic. thanks Smile
(05-26-2019, 10:50 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]take care and have fun

Policing precise numbers of a commodity available for a shipping route doesn't seem to align with a fun-focused approach.

Policing of transporting people in people-freighters is something house authorities already do, and it should be left within their purview. It's not suited to be implemented as a rule. People desperately escaping circumstances beyond their control or to their endangerment are not averse to travelling in a barren, cold, hard cargo space. Just because ship designs have containers does not mean they are sealed in a box, and even if they were carried in the equivalent of shipping containers, it does not detract from the earlier point. Would you have us ship Gaian Wildlife in Liners? Pretend cargo carriers are not pressurised or climate-controlled? No, because neither of these things checkout inRP.

The entire economy needs a lot of rebalancing, but this isn't the best place to start.

Also, it seems the crux of your point is complaining about... activity? Really, the post is confusing. If you instead want to take advantage of this and have some player interaction, make an Outcast, or a Nomad, or a Coalition, or a BPA, and go interdict one of these players you're complaining about existing.
I think its a very risky proposition to declare that a "unit" of cargo is one person, 10 people, 0.2 people.
We're intentionally leaving this rather vague, because, as has been said above, the general scale of things in the trade system doesn't...really make any sense.

It is probably true that more than 40 loads of 5k cargo of zoner migrants have left Gran Canaria.

I wouldn't be surprised if more than 5,000 loads had.

For all that, are there still people migrating from Gran Canaria? Definately. In the last few months, every single Zoner on that planet who wants to leave hasn't yet left the planet, no matter that it is reasonably trivial in the videogame version of the world to pick up 5000 "units of people" and shuffle them across what ought be at least a 10 day journey.
I'm sorry, but since the event, with all the power trading etc that's happened. This should be WAY over.
Keep the trade route for money making reasons, sure. But having it as cannon after how much was done during the event, not even after. There are MORE than enough people who have been transfered.

There's so much wrong with this entire thing, that I can't be bothered to deal with at 4 in the morning, but I'll be doing a longer post later.

In short: This is stupid, and should have ended ages ago iRP, but should be kept for a money making route.
I remember when hundredthousands of people were moved off Freeport 11 after a NEMP strike. You know, the station with less than thousand people on. Those event numbers are entirely there for gameplay reasons. Just like the numbers of people you can squish into the tanks of a Whale (it's a cargo transport, not a liner). Getting hotheaded about these purely in gameplay existing numbers is like complaining about something for the sake of complaining.

In purest roleplay, less than 100.000 people would have been evacuated to Pygar. Others would have went anywhere else or stayed on Canaria. In gameplay numbers, 100.000 people would have gotten stuffed into twenty freightershielded Whales and we'd have called it a day. And that already implies that 100.000 people had been waiting at the space port, ready to get picked up instantly, without any processing, without any other cargo to take with them. It also implies that inRP, the gateless, laneless transit from O-49 to Omicron Theta is done in 12 minutes.

InRP, everything is taking more time than you think. Except for transporting 1.800.000 bretonian marines to Canaria.
(05-26-2019, 11:14 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]planet is frozen so maybe wood is not best option.

Even nowadays people do logging in freezing conditions. It’s possible, just unpleasant. That said, we’re also well over a thousand years in the future here. I think wood could be safely exported easily.
Pages: 1 2 3