Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freeman Faux Captains Log, The L.N.S. Cambridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
----:[Incoming Transmission...

[Image: bbHM6s6.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20110801072539]

[Communications ID: Colonel Faux
Liberty Navy

[Recipient ID: Internal
The Cambridge

[Subject: Standing Orders

[Priority: [Omega - Very High]
[Encryption: [Omega-1V - Unbreakable]

The Cambridge is on its first official assignment since being stuck on Manhattan Orbital duties. We have been tasked with aided the Liberty Security Force and their assault on the Bering System. Orders excite me and worry me mostly because my crew needs to be dusted off and going into a full scale conflict might be an issue but I need to have faith and I will ensure my chain of command gets them to where they need to be. We will prove our worth.

In Service To The Republic of Liberty
Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy
L.N.S. Cambridge Commanding

......Transmission Terminated]-----

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: We have arrived

We have arrived at our destination and the Battlecruiser Lehigh is in sight, we will give it all the support we can while combating the Unioner and Separatist forces. LSF Senior Agent Veritas is surely close by and should be pleased and task me out quickly. With a fresh refit from Norfolk we are as combat ready as we can ever be. Lets get to work.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Operation Vanguard

Temporary orders have moved us to the front lines in Cortez where the Gallic Battleship Betheny is scheduled to meet justice and be destroyed Operation Vanguard
is in effect and its time to do our duty to the Republic of Liberty. We have already begun to prove our worth by dispatching one of their Battlecruisers. The operation has even spilled into California where they tried to flank us but ultimately Failed. The Cambridge is surprisingly doing very well despite the power output issue. I have my lead engineer give me status updates every day to ensure we are combat ready at all times.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Norfolk Repairs and a Lane Hacker

Met with silence from the Crayterian Military I was forced to make the trip to Norfolk for repairs and a refit after the long battles in Cortez in support of Operation Vanguard. I came across a Lane Hacker after being informed by a First Fleet Pilot called Marcus Robinson. This Lane Hacker has been identified and after some brief talks Marcus requested my orders concerning the Lane Hacker. I authorized him to take it down and sadly Marcus ship was critically damaged. After retrieving his escape pod I made it very clear if the Lane Hacker did not clear out the Cambridge would take it down with superior gunfire. We are not equipped to chase a fighter so denying this Lane Hacker access to West Point was all we could do. Eventually the Hacker fled.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Lane Hacker VS. The Manhattan Defense Grid

The Cambrige was orbiting Trenton station when a Lane Hacker decided to test the Manhattan defense grid and it did not go so well. The offending Transgressor was instantly destroyed. I wonder when they will learn, we are moving back to Cortez to continue Operation Vanguard.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Betheny Destruction, Back to Bering

After a bloodbath in Cortez I am pleased to say the Betheny has been destroyed. It was a long hard fought battle and while we did lose some good men and women, our job was successful and there is now an uninterrupted line of trade for Bretonia. The Cambridge temporary orders are up and we will be heading back to Bering to reinforce the Liberty Security Force's position.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Two Rogue Scylla's

Trying to make our way back to Bering we received a distress call from Liberty Navy Primary fleet Marcus Robinson and alerted us of two Rogue Destroyers near Planet Manhattan. We immediadly diverted course and headed for our Capital Planet and impulsed into combat. The Rogue Destroyers did not know what was coming as they were taking down effortlessly by the Cambridge.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Bering, Battleship Yukon

After finnaly making it back to Bering to keep supporting the Liberty Security Force's position we heard great but terrible news concerning Cortez. after the massive battle in cortez it seems unbeknownst to us here on the Cambridge that Battleship Yukon had fallen in battle. Its a sad day here in the Republic of Liberty and we will always remember the sacrifice the men and women aboard the Yukon had made for Liberty and Bretonia. Let this be a reminder that every day we live is a privilege and not a right, we must make everyday count and always be on guard. This war is going to end and we cant allow those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom be put in vain.

While the battle in Cortez gave the crew of the Cambridge more experience in combat the guerrilla style combat the Bering theater is tossing at us is quite the challenge, Unioner forces hide behind asteroids make their attacks and flee. Its puts us in a tough position with not much room to make mistakes. I have faith my crew will overcome such overwhelming odds while supporting the Liberty Security Force. Only time will tell how much of an impact we have in the theater before being placed elsewhere.

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: New York, Manhattan

As the Gallic war rages on, the home front has seen an uptick in smugglers and we happen to catch one last night. After making it to Manhattan a Zoner Serenity full of Artifacts was stopped and forced to drop its cargo. While we expected the transport captain to run he willignly complied and as a result we deemed fit to only confiscate the cargo and let the Zoner off with a warning.

Artifacts | Identification | Dropped cargo

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Liberty Navy

The Cambridge

[Subject: Planet Leeds, Leeds System

These new orders are not to be questioned and left no room for them anyways. We have diverted to Planet Leeds to aid the Bretonian Armed Forces and Liberty Navy stop this massacre. While their forces have not reached Leeds at the present time we have taken it upon ourselves to pick off patrols and clear the way for our Allies. This must be important or else they would not have diverted my ship to Leeds. We can only pray for the best.

IMPORTANT NEW ORDERS FOR COLONEL FREEMAN FAUX Wrote:NEW DIRECTIVE...REPOSITION FOR IMMEDIATE ASSAULT...GALLIC FORCES...BOMBARDMENT LEEDS...ENGAGE...AID ALLIED FORCES...

Colonel Freeman Faux
Liberty Navy

Pages: 1 2