Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Operation Tailwind - Unioners + Rogues v Auxesians + HF, Friday, 19:00 UTC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Operation Tailwind

[Image: Ed2elny.png]

Incursion Event - Commonwealth/Auxesian alliance Verses Tanner Belt Syndicates.

Combat Engagement

All skill levels expected.

"We'd fought them to the edge of our home for over a year now - sniping at them from the windows of our homes. No more. A year of continuous war had pushed us to the brink, honed us in the art of war that centuries of insurgency couldn't teach. We were hardened now. We had learned to look Giants in the eye. All arrogance has a reckoning, all Goliaths, a David. There was a storm behind them - a tailwind that would chase them home." - Unnamed Unioner PLS Combat Arbeiter.

[Image: Kansas.jpg]

Unioner Rogue Tanner Alliance strikewings, Auxesian Hellfire Legion Paramilitary forces

Registration, fighters, bombers, Gunboats, Transports.

[Image: 3you4wH.png?1][Image: 5mOgr6P.png]V[Image: FJWFvSf.png][Image: avatar_11910.png?dateline=1475147695]

Liberty border systems, Western Independent Worlds.

Time: May the 31sh19:00 UTC

[Image: 0DncgDa.gif]

Team start Locations:

Unioner Persuant Avengerwing - Dwitty's Finest Vespucci Jump Hole, Kansas.

Auxesian Taskforce Ixion - Hellfire Legion Second Battlegroup, Kansas. America Freeport, Kansas.

Roleplay Basis:

War is hell. For some, war is a battle of nations. For others, a service, or a duty. For the Rogues, War is profit, for the Auxesians, war is information. For the Hellfire Legion, war is legitimacy. For the Unioners, war is brotherhood. Each organisation fighting for their respective ideations within the dark corners of house space.

The Tanner Crises, a one-year rolling war of multiple separate combatants and shifting alliegances, has spilled beyond the confines of the Bering system with its inexonerable escallation. The Unioners Sydicates, unified in adversity against the boots of federal forces both at home and independent worlds, and the newly-Bering bound Dwitty’s rogue pack, have fought the technologically, numerically and tactically superior LSF, Navy, and Auxesian forces to a grudging retreat. Reinforced by the conflict-soured Alster Union cells, the Unioners have driven north, searching for their Auxesian assailants. Despite a heroic strategic and numerical victory in the tanner belt, the Auxesians still mannaged to complete a number of subsidary objectives, including firming up their typically contentious relationship with the Libertonian Federal Government, most notably the Homeland Security branch. Indeed, Unioner effectiveness against combined task force elements may backfire in the long run, as the Libertonian admiralty put aside its customary distrust of the non-state Transhumanists in the face of a major strategic threat. It is believed that the Auxesian assault may have been a premise to gather strategic information upon major Syndicalist strategic assets, including the Unioner branch of the Spyglass battleship and bespoke retrofits of atypical designs.

The commonwealth of house liberty, an egalitarian, if self-contradictory state, has made a litany of enemies over its history of self-analysis and self-invention. Since the betrayal of the Fu Manchu, the children of the Independent Worlds triurmivate have long licked their wounds, keen to claim back the territories taken at gunpoint by the Hellfire Legion and their newfound Commonwealth civillian populace. The Unioners, an old organisation with older memories, see their once-allies against Federal oppression as a cover for militarism, a contradictory experiment in social engineering twisted by uniforms and flags. Vice versa, the Legion sees the Unioners as a soured, aggressive horde, politically alien from the aspirations of the Locklear regime. Both the rogues and the Unioners regard the supposedly independently minded Commonwealth as a hypocritical emulation of all that it attempts to escape.

The Syndicates, boyed up by the break of the Auxo/LSF/Federal blockade and keen to access the resources of Kansas, strike the Kansas connection with every ordinance available to the movement. Angered by the parochial aggression of the supremacists, the Unioners have both morale and numbers at their back as Pacifica and Hamburg cells drive towards the Kansas system. The motivation of their raid remains only academic to the enemy. Motivated by recent victories, the Unioners and Dwitty’s rogues have bonded together in adversity, boyed by wave after wave of fresh sympathisers from Rheinland and the independent systems. For the Unioners, keen to strike both the Auxesians and the Commonwealth – both organisations with a largely self-proclaimed mandate to see the Unionists as less than human, driving the “supremacists” out of their core territory is an intensely personal act of Justice.

Whilst counter-attacks were to be expected within north Bering and Texas, Commonwealth Early Warning systems were surprised on the 31st of may as an unusually massive formation of Rheinland and Libertonian ships converged from the northern system, clad in neutronic dark matter from the Texan north. Response divisions are scrambled as the Kansas battlegroup, plus any retreating Auxesians in the area, converge to respond, suspecting an attack on America freeport. Instead, the Tanner Concordat elements head make a beeline towards the system’s south, directly towards the Vespucci jump connection. Their intentions remain unknown.

A tailwind pursues the ravens to the roost. Whatever the consequences, the central independent systems will never be quite the same again.

Event Phase:

[Image: EJeceG9.png?1]

-All forces will engage as a team. Tanner Alliance forces will start at the Vespucci jump hole. The Commonwealth / Auxesian assets will approach from America Freeport.

- Faction right Four will be enforced.

Event Rules:

The event is a simple engagement event, without phases or complexity.

The Event requires Slots.

Event Consequences:

United Tanner Concordat (UTC) Victory:

The Unioners and the Rogues achieve operational success, prepping the node for operation [REDACTED]

Treaty of Inverness (ToI) Victory

The rogues and the Unioners have been repelled for now. Additional raids are to be expected.

Slots to be figured out depending on what kind of event the community wants this to be.
could you not like

powergame our faction and actually reach out to HC first before making assumptions

thanks
(05-27-2019, 11:34 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]could you not like

powergame our faction and actually reach out to HC first before making assumptions

thanks

I'm really trying to integrate your lore here. I'm doing everything in my power to create RP responses to the RP you create. What more do you want?

I'm extremely respectful to you and yours given your every attempt to denigrate and complain about me. We turn up to events you boycott, respond to the events you create, I clamp down all Aux' related drama, and still the moaning never stops.

God damn it. Make an effort.
(05-29-2019, 06:00 PM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2019, 11:34 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]could you not like

thanks

I'm really trying to integrate your lore here. I'm doing everything in my power to create RP responses to the RP you create. What more do you want?

Nemp Inverness. What else?
Edit: I'm trying to make an effort for people who won't do more than piss in the wind. Thread lock requested. No more Auxesia events until everything isn't used as an attempt to fire more drama at us.
The effort you're putting in is incorrect and involves assumptions on what our actions would be in these events. If you don't want more drama, stop starting things without talking to the other people involved.
as a (mostly) neutral observer seems like a lot of these issues would actually be sorted out from talking to each other but that is asking for a miracle; i'm currently working with harmony to establish an event chain and the first thing I did was go directly to skorak and start talking to him

to raise some concerns, it's not made abundantly clear that the story brief is actually a unioner perspective, and that it really seems like only the Unioners and Rogues have a win condition; also posting an event writeup without an idea of what kind of event it would actually be is a little wonky but I can understand and applaud the want to appeal to what the community wants

also FR4 is FR3 now

personally I'd recommend you all sit down in a discord and yell at each other until you actually sort out what you want rather than having angry fight #392 in public for everyone to see and roll their eyes at
It's really not hard to reach out to the HC BEFORE you attempt to do things to your image.
(05-29-2019, 06:10 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]It's really not hard to reach out to the HC BEFORE you attempt to do things to your image.

'To my image'?

Yerwot?

Some things are about just getting people in and playing the game. If you want, I'll delete all RP associated, we'll start again over a common googledoc. I went through your roleplay threads carefully and pruned out selective RP. I have tried to contact you before this event, but it doesn't help that I have no direct means of communication with the Auxesian HC, by your decision.

(05-29-2019, 06:10 PM)Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]as a (mostly) neutral observer seems like a lot of these issues would actually be sorted out from talking to each other but that is asking for a miracle; i'm currently working with harmony to establish an event chain and the first thing I did was go directly to skorak and start talking to him

Last time Nyx came into any kind of common communications environment it was to print-screen chat content in order to start up wierd rumour mills about what a terrible person I am in discord for 30 minutes.

Behave in good faith and we'll sort out something. Does that sound good to you?
(05-29-2019, 06:16 PM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019, 06:10 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]It's really not hard to reach out to the HC BEFORE you attempt to do things to your image.

'To my image'?

Yerwot?

Some things are about just getting people in and playing the game. If you want, I'll delete all RP associated, we'll start again over a common googledoc. I went through your roleplay threads carefully and pruned out selective RP. I have tried to contact you before this event, but it doesn't help that I have no direct means of communication with the Auxesian HC, by your decision.

Do that and we'll sort out something. Does that sound good to you?

[Image: unknown.png]

sounds like your hc is having internal miscommunication to me

Quote:
(05-29-2019, 06:10 PM)Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]as a (mostly) neutral observer seems like a lot of these issues would actually be sorted out from talking to each other but that is asking for a miracle; i'm currently working with harmony to establish an event chain and the first thing I did was go directly to skorak and start talking to him

Last time Nyx came into any kind of common communications environment it was to print-screen chat content in order to start up wierd rumour mills about what a terrible person I am in discord for 30 minutes.

Behave in good faith and we'll sort out something. Does that sound good to you?

the more you lie (no you don't have 'people on the inside') and make up paranoid crap, the less that people willing to work with you.
Pages: 1 2