Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Junker Congress, from LSF R&D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
****Incoming Encrypted Transmission****

Comm ID: LSF Research and Development Branch
Subject: Use of Collector
Sender Location: (Message bounced off of many areas. Unable to trace.)

This is the LSF speaking. We need to purchase 1 Collector-class Very Heavy Fighter. The ship, who's comm ID will be <strike>X-13.Test.Fighter</strike> LSF-R&D.Collector#13, will mainly be used for research and espionage. We also need access to replacement Collectors, should our test ship be destroyed, disabled, or otherwise rendered inoperable.

The Collector will not be used against the Congress in any way, unless one of your ships is dumb enough to enter Alaska or Zone 21. We will also not mount any junker-made weapons without prior permission from the Congress. The collector in question will always ask a Congressmen for permission to dock on a Junker base, and always obey no-fire zones, in the unlikely event that the need will arise. If the LSF Collector in question encounters the Congress doing something less then legal outside of Zone-21 or Alaska, it will be ignored by the Collector, and only the Collector.

In exchange we can grant exclusive early access to the design of a special LSF plasma generator designed for powering fighter and freighter class ships. It is a bit outdated compared to newer military power generators, but it is superior to any civilian power generator on the market, and won't be released to civilian shipbuilders for another six months.

Of course, we can also provide credits as payment, in addition to the power generator listed above. We propose paying a one-time fee of 10 million credits for permission to use the Collector, in addition to the cost of purchasing the Collector (and any replacements).

Why are we not using our own Guardian-class VHF's? You Collector has a bigger cargo bay for scanners and other equipment, is equipped to scavenge the wreckage of destroyed craft, and is designed to work with weapons from a wider variety of factions (making it easier to install prototype technology).

****End Transmission****
INCOMING ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION
COMM ID: Amy Carmichael, Director of Liberty Operations, Junkers Congress

Hm. When I took this job, I didn't expect to find the LSF contacting me. But, let's see. One "Collector" CSV II Very Heavy Fighter? We'd obviously need to know where you would plan to use it and what for. I've no problem with research, feel free to tote around as much jelly as you like, but the word "espionage" does raise an eyebrow for me. I'm sure you're aware that we operate across Sirius, and if, say, a Collector marked "LSF" was spotted strolling around New Berlin, the Rheinlanders would want to know what it was doing there and, more importantly, who gave it to you. And then fingers would be pointed, and the fate of Kreuzberg would start to look rather uncertain, and my backside would undoubtedly be on the line. So, clarification needed. Where would you go with it and who, exactly, would you spy on?

END TRANSMISSION

Re: Area of operations

The area of operations will be Liberty core systems, Zone 21, Alaska, and the Omicrons. Any ships hostile to the LSF in these areas will be subjected to spying and espionage. The R&D department does not show interest in operating in Rhineland controlled space with this vessel - Avenger-class ships are considered to be sufficient for this theater of operations. However, we may take protective measures against any Rhineland ships that invade Liberty. Direct confrontations will generally be avoided with this ship, seeing how it is not a combat unit.

****End Transmission****

Alright, after careful deliberation, I've decided you can have your Collector. But, the following additional terms will apply. It's not that we don't trust you, it's that... well, we don't trust you.
  • You won't be landing on Junker bases at all, thank you. We like to keep to ourselves.
  • On a similar vein, don't try to get permission to mount Junker-made weapons. Not gonna happen.
  • Repairs on the Collector may only be conducted by qualified Junker personnel, who can be found in most places within Liberty. This is to prevent any disassembly or reverse-engineering of what is, after all, a very sophisticated ship. Anyone other than a Junker tries to tinker with the ship, a failsafe system kicks in and good luck ever getting it to work again - and keep in mind that includes trying to circumvent the failsafe itself. We made it work, we know damn well how to make it stop working.
  • To avoid confusion with an actual Congress ship, you must of course make absolutely sure the ship is clearly marked LSF at all times. We don't want anyone kicking our doors down if you screw up and the fan gets splattered.
  • The Collector must stay in Alaska and the Omicrons as much as humanly possible. Like I said, if people see an LSF Collector flying around, they'll want to know where you got it, particularly if said Collector is shooting them at the time. We like our bases, we do, and having them reduced to smouldering wreckage will only serve to make us rather upset.
  • On that note, we don't want to hear of the Collector attacking anybody but Nomads. There are a lot of people out there who would be most displeased with us if they were blown to bits by LSF flying one of our ships.
  • If we find out you've been using this ship to cause trouble for the Junkers, however indirect, intentional or otherwise, then make no mistake, we will be seriously irritated.
If you agree to these terms, we'll send one of our people to deliver the Collector to Manhattan to exchange for those generators of yours.

END TRANSMISSION

Re: Area of operations

' Wrote:[*]The Collector must stay in Alaska and the Omicrons as much as humanly possible. Like I said, if people see an LSF Collector flying around, they'll want to know where you got it, particularly if said Collector is shooting them at the time. We like our bases, we do, and having them reduced to smouldering wreckage will only serve to make us rather upset.
[*]On that note, we don't want to hear of the Collector attacking anybody but Nomads. There are a lot of people out there who would be most displeased with us if they were blown to bits by LSF flying one of our ships.
Might we inquire why you are so eager to keep this Collector from being used against Lane Hacker, Order, and Xeno terrorists? Scrap collectors should have no problem with the Collector being used to fight back against the pirates and terrorists that attack their salvage workers. As for your bases being blown up, we do believe that with the huge profit of margin in the recycling business, you guys are wealthy enough to hire good protection.

****End Transmission****

Ah, that's what I was forgetting. Yes, feel free to put some hurt on the Xenos, they're as much a pain in the Junkers' collective backside as yours. As for the Lane Hackers and the Order, they don't actually bother attacking us, I presume because we aren't all that much of a nuisance to them. I've never even MET the Order, and the Hackers from what I gather are too busy attempting to bring down the Big Three companies to worry about a bunch of scrappers. We would, as you can imagine, prefer to keep it that way.

END TRANSMISSION
Re: Usage of Collector?

That still does not solve the problem of not being able to do anything with the Collector we ordered. You guys are legitimate scrap collectors, right? There should be no problem with you doing your duty to your country and giving us the Collector on our terms.

Lane Hackers are of little interest to the R&D department, and seeing how you have never met The Order, there should be no problem with using Collectors against them.

****End Transmission****

There wouldn't be a problem until they started knocking down our doors with big nasty weapons pointing at us. If they're as dangerous as you say they are, then we sure as hell don't want to give them a reason to be dangerous to US. Like, say, providing people who hate them with a ship that will be used against them. What we don't want, as I have said, is trouble. If you want our Collector, agree to our terms, which are designed to cause us the minimum amount of trouble.

Deal?

END TRANSMISSION
Re: Usage of Collector?

New York is the ideal place to test out new technology. If we cannot take the Collector into new york, the it is useless.

****End Transmission****

Fly it in New York, then. But don't cause us any trouble, is the main crux of our terms.

END TRANSMISSION
Pages: 1 2