Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: La Marine Royale Gauloise - CC: Royal Naval Coordination Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In-flight, Cortez
4, juin, 742 A.G.S

Sender: Omer Darche, .
Recipient: Royal Navy, Naval Coordination Office, La Marine Royale Gauloise.
Topic: Status Update.

Offices and Representatives,

There has recently been some misunderstanding of identification and status involving the division I work for which is operating under the Royal Navy. The nature of this division was privy to only a select few, and attempts to reestablish active communications over the past year has been fruitless. As such, I wished to break silence and reestablish lines with the main force of the Navy until a time when we can put back the division's status.

I am unaware of the record-keeping situation, but for verification I shall give two names, "Voilé" and "Pollux". If further information is required, I'll attempt to present what is possible.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

10th June 742 A.G.S.
New London System
[Image: unknown_10.png]

Sender: Commandant Pierre Vaillant
Recipient: Omer Darche
Subject: Status update.

Bonjour,

I am the Commandant Pierre Vaillant. Glad to meet you Monsieur Darche. Sorry for the delay, we have been quite busy recently. However, I might request more details. I am not sure what you are refering about. In my limited knowledge, the name "Voilé" and "Pollux" don't mean anything for me.

If I can have further details, it would be appreciated Monsieur Darche.

Until then.

Sincèrement

Marine Royale Gauloise, Commandant Pierre Vaillant.

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée
In-flight, Cortez
10, juin, 742 A.G.S

Commandant Pierre Vaillant,

The names given are division labels of a sort. "Voilé" was constructed by my boss and a previous Grand Maréchal, to my understanding. "Pollux" is a more private venture.

It is not the easiest to explain, as I do not know what information is already available to you. Perhaps you may have seen our cornerstone vessel operating in Cortez recently, The Vatan. Much more I am hesitant to say, as your reaction drives me to believe that the deal didn't get followed through on their end. While we act in service for the Roi, there's always been a question on the status of our force.

I hope that is enough for you. If not, I am discouraged to the record keeping of past administration and the following of proper protocols. I would hate to have to start again.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

10th June 742 A.G.S.
New London System
[Image: unknown_22.png]

Monsieur Darche,

Ah! So you are a representative of the mysterious Vatan. I have been quite surprised to see...such a Gallic ship coming from nowhere... Despite that I prefer to not ask so much question about the Vatan. However its help was essential in the last battle in Cortez.

While I don't have a clear idea of your organization yet, I understand you had a certain deal with the ancient Grand Maréchal, so this classified information perhaps explains why we aren't completely aware of your current actions.

Though your explainations helped me a bit. What kind of misunderstanding of identification and status involving the division are you talking about?

Sincèrement

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée
In-flight, Cortez
10, juin, 742 A.G.S

There has been multiple misunderstandings as to the nature and cause of my division. The largest concern is the open hostility we have received, both from ports and from the Royal Fleets. While I can understand confusion, it is when the Roi's own vessels fires upon us that causes the most issues. The experimental nature of advance technology on-board the vessel seems to cast flawed judgement into the service people and this is disappointing.

Beyond being in the crosshairs of our own ships, we've since lost mooring access to naval docks which has made it hard to service our vessels. We've also lost our contact officer for orders and communication. We have since ran off of an older set of orders that have since become outdated with the evolution of the war.

I hope this can be corrected, and would like to know what your offices desire to happen.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

10th June 742 A.G.S.
New London System
[Image: unknown_10.png]

Monsieur Darche,

I can apologize for the misunderstandings caused to your division. The experimental technology your ship is owning may have disturbed more than one soldier around here.

The loss of the access to the main installations of the Marine is indeed a serious matter. The secret projects have sometimes problems within the internal procedures. I cannot do really something about the installations though. You'll need to see with my superiors. I am going to inform them. As for the misunderstandings with other assets of the Marine, this will be solved very easily.

Sincèrement

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée
In-flight, Cortez
10, juin, 742 A.G.S

I understand the need for superiors to be involved and welcome it. We will be waiting until further word is given.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

Unknown, -
1, juillet, 742 A.G.S

Due to the delay, I can only imagine that this issue will not be solved as easily as you have said.

I find this to be most troubling and due to cause conflict. The more time passes, the more the war goes on without full supporting force. You've another warfront seeming to have opened up in the traitor's system and all sorts of hell running rampant in the Taus. If the delay is with intent to deal with us when it is convenient, whichever way it is decided, then this simply won't do.

Until a statement is made with the voice of the Roi's own commanders of this war, we shall be operating off of previous directives given by the seat of Grand Maréchal. As we are not getting support via the Crown's supply lines, we are forced to make due with other factors. Attempts to force us to cease without clearance above the previous directives shall be ignored. I hope I make our stance clear.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
Nouveau message entrant.
Identifiant : Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Unité : Etat-major de la Marine Royale Gauloise
Destinataire : Omar Derche
[Image: 1515616180-isabelle-montlaville-de-chanteloup.png]
Sujet : RE : knock knock.
03 juillet, 742 A.G.S.
Ile-de-France

Chanteloup appears on screen with a VERY severe expression on her features.

Monsieur Darche,

You were right to take Vaillant's word with a pinch of salt. He gets carried away easily by his own ego, and this is something I have yet to solve.

Luckily for you, I was part of the people in the know in regards to the Voilé squadron. That you would only resurface now gives me pause, however. I wonder what has prompted you to try and link up with us only now. Have you finally run out of actual provisions, and had to make do with Sirian goop ?! Anyhow, I got carried away. Ego matters seem to be the menu du jour.

For your impertinence and self-importance, I would have gladly erred on the side of caution and disavowed you. But I've read the reports about the Vatan's activities in Roussillon lately, and more importantly, I'm in a decent mood. I'm willing to renew your clearance to make use of Gallic infrastructure so you can get more of our sandwiches... But I'm very much hoping to hear back from your unit with more regularity and transparency than before. I'm not wasting good sandwiches on self-important sloths. You're in luck, too : a new frequency has just been established precisely for that purpose. I strongly encourage you to use it.

I trust I made my stance clear ?

Chanteloup sighs with some significant degree of disdain, and the feed cuts.
In-Flight, Roussillon
3, juillet, 742 A.G.S

Recipient: Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup, La Marine Royale Gauloise.

Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup,

I've checked with our databases. It appears that even with the rank shuffling and restructure, you do indeed hold a rank similar or above that of the previous Grand Maréchal position. Only now with this confirmed can I believe your tongue.

Our division, now divisions, were forced to go underground and operate covert due to the restructuring. While this would normally not be an issue, we had the pleasure of several heavy trebuchets unload in our general direction. We figured there was miscommunication and our efforts to correct it at the time were unmet. Now that a few side operations have been complete, we figured it was time to attempt a second try.

As for rations and provisions, you must have more faith in the people of Gallia. We made due and expanded our own web within Sirian space. While we were self sufficient, there is something to be said about Sirian engineers working on our naval technology.

As for the new frequency. I've looked it over after your mentioning with it linked to our systems. We shall use it sparingly and only for major reports. Due to the nature of our division we find it ill advised to release all information we have on a channel that, frankly, has the trifle ranks and subject to being open to outside units. We shall, however, make due by using the provided classification on a higher scale.

Myself and the Directeur, if it is still allowed to keep such a title, shall look forward to working with the main force once more.

Omer Darche

Transmission End