Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ore Rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is your one and only bump.

If you've got a request or suggestion, now is the time folks.
More incentive to mine/haul my suggestion would be to tweak prices, as some here have mentioned, make it worth while, more haulers/miners means more pirates, means more lawfuls etc. this is just my opinion
(06-06-2019, 03:46 PM)kerfy Wrote: [ -> ]tweaking some of the "regular" commodity prices and buy sell points along the "return" side of ore routes may be an idea as well..

+1, makes no sense that you can't sell ores for a gradually lesser profit a few systems/lanes before the main sellpoint (just like regular commodities, who could have even more sellpoints, too). Wouldn't make a difference in piracy because the transports still have to use the main arteries between the houses (looking at you, Omega-3).
(06-19-2019, 10:20 AM)Darkseid667 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2019, 03:46 PM)kerfy Wrote: [ -> ]tweaking some of the "regular" commodity prices and buy sell points along the "return" side of ore routes may be an idea as well..

+1, makes no sense that you can't sell ores for a gradually lesser profit a few systems/lanes before the main sellpoint (just like regular commodities, who could have even more sellpoints, too). Wouldn't make a difference in piracy because the transports still have to use the main arteries between the houses (looking at you, Omega-3).

In pursuit of something like this we are limited by the way ore data is accessed by the server. Implementing them as a commodity systematically (like regular commodities) would require an astronomical amount of work because of this.

However the new version will have an infrastructure built with these things in mind, just not to the extent where we have sellpoints dotted all over the place.
(06-19-2019, 12:18 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]In pursuit of something like this we are limited by the way ore data is accessed by the server. Implementing them as a commodity systematically (like regular commodities) would require an astronomical amount of work because of this.

However the new version will have an infrastructure built with these things in mind, just not to the extent where we have sellpoints dotted all over the place.

I agree this would require (maybe) several hours of elbow (or rather finger) grease and some copy/paste work. However I did something similar back in the days when I played "Monkey Universe" mod in singleplayer for my own pleasure, it is not THAT complicated.
Could probably add Military Salvage and Premium Scrap sell point for America Freeport.
(06-19-2019, 12:51 PM)Darkseid667 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree this would require (maybe) several hours of elbow (or rather finger) grease and some copy/paste work. However I did something similar back in the days when I played "Monkey Universe" mod in singleplayer for my own pleasure, it is not THAT complicated.

No, it’s not complicated. But several hours is a gross underestimation of how long it would take to set up sellpoints for each and every base in the mod.

Then of course if we do that then there would be even less incentive to trade standard commodities.
(06-19-2019, 02:55 PM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Then of course if we do that then there would be even less incentive to trade standard commodities.

Aye, you got a point there.
But I didn't recommend sell points for ores everywhere, just some gradual incline on bases where it would make sense.
Pages: 1 2 3