Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ore Rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some of you may have caught wind that ores are getting a makeover. They are, the reason being that ores haven't been properly balanced in over a year. During this time the landscape of discovery has changed dramatically which means a lot of the current sell points are now out of synch with the rest of the mod, many of which are now redundant.

The ores format will have a few changes i look forward to sharing with you in the near future. But in it's final stages in development, it's important to ensure that all the bases have been covered and the thoughts of the community are voiced.

So if you're in a faction that can mine and are lacking sell points, i want to know.

If you've noticed a sell point that seems redundant, i want to know.

Is your faction looking at buying or pirating a certain ore and need a sell point? Now's the time to say.

I invite any information you have regarding route popularity and route risk.

If you have any cool ideas about how to draw ore traders to a region then i definitely want to know.

But before you post:
  • Mining zones are staying as-is
  • Drop rates are staying as-is
  • I welcome discussion regarding mining bonuses, but this is secondary to route design
  • I cannot grant your faction a mining bonus
Make the sellprices worthwhile and not garbage. Re add 23 niobium.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.
(06-06-2019, 02:34 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]Make the sellprices worthwhile and not garbage. Re add 23 niobium.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

Basically this and everything I said on Discord regarding Omicron ores.

I'd also really love tm see Humboldt and Silver come back, but that's unlikely.

Oh yeah move Pscrap back to Texas PLEASE.
(06-06-2019, 02:43 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah move Pscrap back to Texas PLEASE.

You sure do like repeating this despite constantly championing activity centers as a vital part of Discovery, Lyth. >_>
(06-06-2019, 03:04 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2019, 02:43 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah move Pscrap back to Texas PLEASE.

You sure do like repeating this despite constantly championing activity centers as a vital part of Discovery, Lyth. >_>

Bering is largely considered awful by the community and I would not consider Bering an activity center (the event was an anomaly) and at the very least Pscrap in Texas was a superior activity generator compared to its current placement. As I said to Ash in PM, some of the current mining zone placements are actually really not as good as Developers think they are, or at the very least could be much better if moved elsewhere. Also, having several mining commodities/fields stuffed in one system isn't smart.

Just my two cents, if it warrants discussion it's for another thread I kind of may have not noticed the bullet points.
tweaking some of the "regular" commodity prices and buy sell points along the "return" side of ore routes may be an idea as well..
Aux can demand alien ores (azurite, xeno relics) but we have no sell point. It makes sense for us to buy azurite and artifacts since we use alien tech and valravn is pretty far.

Since Valravn is far and has a 100k hike in the system itself, there's plenty of opportunities to intercept for both lawfuls and unlawfuls because you need to get past either Bretonia or Liberty, or optionally Drake if you're genuinely crazy.

Military salvage as an alternative sell point could be nice as recycling is going to be theme for internal support and sales. Military salvage is illegal and still has to go through rheinland.
(06-06-2019, 03:46 PM)kerfy Wrote: [ -> ]tweaking some of the "regular" commodity prices and buy sell points along the "return" side of ore routes may be an idea as well..

Something i hope can be made a reality by collaboration within the dev team.
(06-06-2019, 03:37 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2019, 03:04 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]

Bering is largely considered awful by the community and I would not consider Bering an activity center (the event was an anomaly) and at the very least Pscrap in Texas was a superior activity generator compared to its current placement. As I said to Ash in PM, some of the current mining zone placements are actually really not as good as Developers think they are, or at the very least could be much better if moved elsewhere. Also, having several mining commodities/fields stuffed in one system isn't smart.

Just my two cents, if it warrants discussion it's for another thread I kind of may have not noticed the bullet points.

bering is a dumpster fire of a system and activity in it is most likely going to be bad

texas is infinitelly better please make it real again
The best place for scrap mining would be in New York, near Rochester or Pittsburg (as it was in 4.84).

- irp most logical and intuitive place to find scrap, since they are well known vanilla debris fields
- easy to find and access for noobs, and an irp logical cheap way to get started, as a first simple introduction to mining as starter commodity
- lets noobs interact in a not necessarily "bad experience" way with quasi lawfuls and unlawfuls, introducing them to more interesting RP possibilities than "I'm the good guy, pirate players are bad people" early on
- central
- active
Pages: 1 2 3