Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Capship weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, seeing as to how I am getting different vibes on this from different places, I would like to request clarification. Which capship weapons are actually considered to be universally available (save for the obvious ones, like defence/primary/secondary/tertiary and missiles).

The main ones I am interested in are Battle Razors, Infernos and Mortars.
Battle Razors, Infernos and Mortars all sadly free for all
' Wrote:Ok, seeing as to how I am getting different vibes on this from different places, I would like to request clarification. Which capship weapons are actually considered to be universally available (save for the obvious ones, like defence/primary/secondary/tertiary and missiles).

The main ones I am interested in are Battle Razors, Infernos and Mortars.

Infernos, Razors, Mortars, Cerberus, Solaris, and Basic turrets are open to all.

As for the others, I have no idea.
However, i would like to point one thing out.

Cerberus Cruiser and Gunboat turrets are great, but Battleship ones suck, energy. Literaly.

50,000 of it. I belive they're being rebalanced in 4.85, god i hope so.
enforced restrictions have been put on

- dragonfly missile launchers
- turrets of clearly opposing / enemy factions

roughly affiliated turrets are allowed, - basicly - don t mount enemy weapons ( primaries, secondaries, tertiraries, missile launchers )

but special weapons are all free ( solaris, cerberus, razors, mortars, infernos ) - as well as all types of armour.

the spyglass scanner is proabably restricted to the spyglass ( since the spyglass IS the scanner ) - so having it on another ship is about as odd as having marsflyer guns on a non marsflyer.
' Wrote:Infernos, Razors, Mortars, Cerberus, Solaris, and Basic turrets are open to all.

As for the others, I have no idea.
out of curiousity and because i have seen varying response...and have gotten various response...A liberty gunboat, patrolling in liberty, and stopping unlawfuls is allowed what weapons? and can that gunboat have cerebrus turrets (rheinland tech) Dragonfly Turrets( kusari tech) and i have even seen some LN/LSF with nomad energy cannons, and order guns....and if they are allowed to have these, then why are unlawfuls given the shaft in what they can and cannot use?
' Wrote:out of curiousity and because i have seen varying response...and have gotten various response...A liberty gunboat, patrolling in liberty, and stopping unlawfuls is allowed what weapons? and can that gunboat have cerebrus turrets (rheinland tech) Dragonfly Turrets( kusari tech) and i have even seen some LN/LSF with nomad energy cannons, and order guns....and if they are allowed to have these, then why are unlawfuls given the shaft in what they can and cannot use?
sorry appending this....in a RP form, i often get...well we are not at war with rheinland yet...never get RP as to why a liberty gunboat has dragonfly missiles....and why would i, a pirate, not be allowed order or other said such tech, if its sold at my home base or its affiliates? if i was inept at RP i guess i could say "well thats simple mate, i blew up an enemy vessel and commandeered its weapons"
' Wrote:out of curiousity and because i have seen varying response...and have gotten various response...A liberty gunboat, patrolling in liberty, and stopping unlawfuls is allowed what weapons? and can that gunboat have cerebrus turrets (rheinland tech) Dragonfly Turrets( kusari tech) and i have even seen some LN/LSF with nomad energy cannons, and order guns....and if they are allowed to have these, then why are unlawfuls given the shaft in what they can and cannot use?

Cerberus turrets were developed in Rheinland, but were distributed to all houses. Ever heard of reverse engineering?

Dragonflies are BD tech, only to be used by allies or those with permission.

LSF can have lootable Nomad weaponry, but not Order weaponry.

Unlawfuls have better weapons in general and have a lot of allied tech that they can use. All capital weapons I mentioned are open to them so long as they have the ship and the ability to fly it.

' Wrote:sorry appending this....in a RP form, i often get...well we are not at war with rheinland yet...never get RP as to why a liberty gunboat has dragonfly missiles....and why would i, a pirate, not be allowed order or other said such tech, if its sold at my home base or its affiliates? if i was inept at RP i guess i could say "well thats simple mate, i blew up an enemy vessel and commandeered its weapons"

Selling locations are being fixed. If you have to ask, it's probably a no.
Quote:sorry appending this....in a RP form, i often get...well we are not at war with rheinland yet...never get RP as to why a liberty gunboat has dragonfly missiles....and why would i, a pirate, not be allowed order or other said such tech, if its sold at my home base or its affiliates? if i was inept at RP i guess i could say "well thats simple mate, i blew up an enemy vessel and commandeered its weapons"

I would argue that some of the technology isn't able to be compatible without serious power core changes and other system updates that would be hard to find and costly, thus not that worth it.
I always go back 1-2 alliances for weapons + ships

IF your order

You can use corsair, and allied to corsair pirate waepons (although i wouldnt know why you would want them, except for the corsair cap turrets and their pulse weapons)

If your zoner, you can use order weapons, and some corsair.

That is how i see it...
Pages: 1 2 3