Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonian Gov, Admiralty RE: Flow of Refugees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>STANDARD ENCRYPTION<<<

[Image: 4hyMIZQ.jpg]

[To]: Bretonian Government; BAF Admiralty
[From]: Jonas Hudson, Leeds Resistance Forces (LRF)
[Subject]: Flow of Refugees
[Encryption]: Medium
[Tea Type]: Earl Grey

Hudson of the LRF here,

For those of you who don't know me, I've been privateering Leeds and the embargo zone for long time. Gathered some folksrecently and we formed our own Resistance Force to harass the Gauls and keep the flow of supplies rolling to the surface. We've also been evacuating as many refugees as we can as well. We've taken them to destinations within Liberty and Rheinland, and our own planets like Cambridge, and Sprague.

I'm contacting you over this for two reasons. The first is that I've had an offer from Commonwealth forces to accomodate Leeds refugees. As they are neutral but considered 'unfriendly' entities (Hellfire Legion), I'd like the Government to clarify for me if they consider their space an acceptable destination for us to take them to. They offered to let them stay or let them transit on from their space.

Secondly, I'd like to request that funds be allocated to offer a better price to ships evacuating refugees to Planet Gr-, uh, New Sydney, in Omega-49. Although controversial, people on Leeds were relieved to hear of Omega-49's successful annexation, as many here see New Sydney as their potential salvation from the losses of their destroyed homes. Now that the area seems relatively secure, perhaps we could allow for some refugee camps to be constructed to take people in, as a temporary measure until the war is over, or as long term colonists, since development will require settlers anyways. If refugees were offloaded for a higher price, we could afford to include the planet as a destination and cover our costs. I could have my transports make the trips, and encourage many other factions who have helped us to join in.

Standing by,
Jonas Hudson

Long Live the Queen! Long Live the Resistance!

[Image: p2k7YnX.jpg]

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Sidewinder Fang

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Jonas Hudson of the LRF,

Good day from the BAF Admiralty.

I must admit I had no idea what to do with this request. As a practitioner of pragmatism, I am happy to take guns from unlawful entities, if it hurts our foes. But I am not so callous to allow Bretonian citizens, especially not my brothers and sisters of Leeds to be spirited away to some dirt hole in god-knows-where-land. And I am not talking about Liberty and Rheinland planets, at least I hope the same description does not apply.

These Hellfire gentlemen I have no direct dealings with. I know they are enemies of most of our allies, and I know they have done the square root of diddle squat to help us destroy the Gallic menace, so they have no capital with me.

The resistance base on Leeds will take their guns, and if they are to take refugees, then they must deliver them to the Harlow for processing on Curacao, any route to the contrary, and there will be consequences.

And uh, be a good lad and tell them to do something worthwhile, for all our sake.

As for your requested funds, we can provide some funding if needed, I would recommend deliveries to Sprague or Sydney, both within my area of operations. I will provide you a bonus per family relocated, can't say I have a figure in mind.

Regards,

Commodore John Redmond
Dreadnought Venerable, Stirling Battlegroup
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

Thanks for getting back to me Commodore.

I understand your position on the Hellfire Legion's involvement in this case, but I figured I'd ask. Otherwise, all we'd do is buy guns/ammo from them, and indeed if they wish to haul Refugees out, we'll direct them to the Harlow. I get the feeling they were hoping for a chance to fill their ranks, but at the same time, people willing to haul out refugees are rare these days, and places to send them havn't offered the average trader much to get involved. Our half of the battle, the buying the guns and supplies, has been the easy part, and we'll continue to make sure that anyone who wants to bring arms and munitons to Leeds for our side will be fairly compensated.

As to the refugees, I figure the government would rather see Bretonian citizens relocating to Sprague, and of course, the newly acquired New Sydney. I was thinking maybe we could kill two birds with one stone, and I could send refugees out that way, and the BAF could offer willing traders a bonus to get invovled. I know that this kind of migration could be dangerous though, there may be some that wouldn't be too happy about more Bretonians moving there. But maybe it will attract more ships to the export trade, to start benefitting from having that planet now, use its space and get its goods on the market! We'll haul back out whatever they got,, and so would the average transport captain I think.

Let me know if there's anything you need on this matter, or with regards to Leeds in general. I'll probably do a few runs in our liner to drop some out there, I'll let you know how it goes!

Standing by,
Jonas Hudson

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Sidewinder Fang

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Jonas Hudson of the LRF,

Good day.

The situation on Leeds is interesting to say the least. Gallia is reeling from several set backs, and I dare say we stand a solid chance of retaking the planet in the near future, though I am an optimist in this regard. That being said, the less people on the planet the better.

There is no doubt Leeds will recover one day, but in the history of our house, Leeds has been overpopulated, and its people have suffered poverty and lack of purchasable land. Even when the war ends, we will want to diversify our population centers on three new areas, Sprague, Sydney and Harris. Sprague is the best option, Sydney, being in a perilous position makes it risky, but still viable. Harris is currently occupied by Gallia, but as the planet has been under terraforming for over 400 years and should be near completion, it is a definite focal point for future settlement, the planet was intended to be a second Cambridge, with very high living standards and solid agricultural economy that will be able to support Leeds, its liberation is vital to the future of Leeds, and Bretonia as a whole.

If you are able to transport refugees to Sprague or Sydney, and provide evidence of their safe arrival, the admiralty will reward you for your efforts, you have my word.

Regards,

Commodore John Redmond
Dreadnought Venerable, Stirling Battlegroup
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

Hudson here,

Just wanted to get back to you Commodore on the refugees. I did manage to make a couple of trips recently and brought 6000 units of refugees to New Sydney. They seemed eager for some fresh air and some open space.

In lieu of what's gone on with recent developments in the war, highlighted by your broadcast, don't worry about credits or compensation. Put whatever you'd send towards the war effort, as I'm sure there are bigger priorities right now.

Also, as such, I'll be 'side-lining' Refugee operations as a secondary priority, and I'll have whatever I got try to keep the pressure up along the lanes in Leeds at least for the time being, and hope every little bit will help!

Good luck and Godspeed Sir!

Standing by,
Jonas Hudson

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<