Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Synth Foods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: LeZKZpr.png]
To: Jay Stevens
Ship: Bodhi
Subject: Pygar Biome Development
Encryption: Hard

A few weeks ago you graciously destroyed your base orbiting Pygar on my personal request and I am grateful for that. I am sending you this communication on another matter that was discussed during my mediation between yourself and Adminstrator Melissa Jones. You were interested in helping the development of Pygar, well I have news to that effort. I am now temporarily in charge of Pygar's development whilst both Mister Voncloud and Adminstrator Jones sort out their personal affairs. In light of this news, I would very much like the assistance of Synth Foods on Pygar, mainly biome development. The price of this biomes I can handle myself, if need be or I can ask for charity from the many Zoners who wish to see Pygar flourish.

I do hope to hear from you.

Probational Freeport 9 Administrator Sun Koken.

Message End
[Image: MdSzZr8.png]

Probational Administrator.

I am pleased you decided to reach out to us, and am glad that we can finally put that bit of business behind us. The best of intentions is something we never abandoned, and I hope to prove that to you today.

Pygar is an interesting case. From what little my bio-engineers have already told me, and from what is common knowledge, surface development is essentially an impossibility without serious investment and know-how from groups such as Planetform. While making a desert arable isn't out of the question, making one with such violent and constant sandstorms is. This rules out our typical and most cost-effective planetary development schemes, such as those on Los Angeles and Stuttgart.

Biodomes are another attractive option, but unfortunately Pygar precludes their traditional usage as well. Biodome greenhouse glass can be reinforced up to a point, but reinforcing against wind speeds in excess of 800 km/h is essentially untenable. Underground, the usage of Biodomes would be relatively moot, as it would require significant underground excavation which might very well disturb the existing architecture and, in addition, be little more effective than traditional hydroponics as access to Theta's star would be lost.

If you would permit as such, I would like to dispatch a team of Bio-Engineers to the surface of Pygar indefinitely to better study this problem in detail, and note locations within Pygar's existing underground infrastructure where developing traditional hydroponics, or perhaps new solutions entirely, might be done in such a way to have minimal impact on existing living space. We will also need to discuss methods of maintaining such hydroponics, as while Synth Foods has prided itself on the developments made in wastewater recycling, simple napkin-math calculations have already shown that large-scale drip irrigated hydroponics would necessitate rather constant shipments of replacement water from out-system.

I am unfamiliar with the exact administration structure of Pygar, but I would also like to work with you to begin developing a subsidiary organization, or company, or what have you, that works alongside the Zoners of Pygar, one whose goal would be to train incoming refugees in the operation of such installed hydroponics, thereby providing a form of employment. The development of a third-party organization would also ensure the, ehm, neutrality of the Zoners remains respected, as I'm sure it would only complicate matters should those employees be on Synth Foods' payroll.

I will hopefully return with more information on the problem, and should you wish, a quote for initial hydroponics development to meet the needs of Pygar's existing population plus five years of expected growth. For what it is worth, I will gladly stand by my promise made to you in orbit that Pygar's first hydroponics facility will be delivered freely, and all others at-cost.

Regards,

Jay Stevens
C.E.O., Synth Foods Inc.

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: LeZKZpr.png]
To: Jay Stevens
Ship: Bodhi
Subject: Pygar Biome Development
Encryption: Hard

You suggestions are sound and welcomed. Many of our refugees are currently aimless and, as much as I can provide refuge at my Buddhist temple on Pygar providing them with jobs is certainly welcomed. In my official capacity I will allow your bio-engineers to come down to inspect our situation in Pygar and give your expert advice. As for your other offer, working and developing a subsidiary organization that will work with Zoners and train them I will allow it and yes working for Synth would indeed complicate matters. The official administrative structure works like this as I am the only active Consensus member in Theta, I am temporarily in charge of Pygar's development. I am also a Buddhist temple leader on the surface so I have some experience with the people.

Probational Freeport 9 Administrator Sun Koken.

Message End
[Image: 7kPGT6x.png]

Fru Koken.

I'm Anders Löfgren, Bio-Engineer for Synth Foods and chief supervisor of all Bio-Engineering Operations throughout the eastern sector of our operations, which just so happens to now include this concern on Pygar. I just recently completed my evaluation of Livadia for the IRG, and as such I felt it apt to make a stop at Pygar to oversee our planning operations in person.

I believe my superior has already briefed you on the...constraints we're dealing with here, of which I'm sure you were quite aware of already. While there are indeed some larger caverns available that might be used as dedicated hydroponics facilities, we're not completely confident yet that such projects, which might require extensive excavation, wouldn't put the existing infrastructure, and thus the population of Pygar, at risk. For now, I'm drafting up plans to see twelve small hydroponics bays - roughly equivalent to our Mark IIIs, although far less materially expensive - to be placed throughout the existing habitats in unused or normally unreachable spaces. Should you then so wish, I can inform our logistics crews to begin construction of an example unit planet-side, so that you might judge its efficacy and scalability. Meanwhile, we'll continue to research and study the caverns more closely to find structurally sound locations for larger constructions, in areas that might be less ideal for habitation.

På återseende.

Anders Löfgren
Supervisor of Eastern Bio-Engineering Operations
Synth Foods, Incorporated