Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Very Heavy Fighter power issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Every time I leave a base I get a message about an incompatible item only allowing a power output of 75%. I did have a Nephstys and tried changing a number of items to see if I could cure it to no avail. I have now purchased a Guardian in the hopes that swapping to a more mainstream faction ship would resolve this but I am still getting the message. I have also swapped out a number of items on this to all same faction items but it has not helped. All my weapons are of the weapon level for that slot or 1 below. Have tried different thrusters, countermeasures and engines but nothing seems to resolve the issue.
Any idea's or is this just normal for Very Heavy Fighter class?
If you get something at full power depends on your ID.

To see what you can equip you can use this tool: http://lh.discoverygc.com/software/index

Hope it helps =)
Off the bat, i can say this is from Tech Compatibility.

But to be able to answer why your getting power core reductions, it is a matter of having more detail pertaining to the equipment on the character:

What ID do you have equipped?
What are the exact guns you have equipped?

(I cant remember if engine is included in techcompatibility)

Edit: Also the link Skorak posted can help identify what equipment combinations will trigger reductions.
(06-14-2019, 03:42 PM)Its Raisu Wrote: [ -> ]Off the bat, i can say this is from Tech Compatibility.

But to be able to answer why your getting power core reductions, it is a matter of having more detail pertaining to the equipment on the character:

What ID do you have equipped?
What are the exact guns you have equipped?

(I cant remember if engine is included in techcompatibility)

Edit: Also the link Skorak posted can help identify what equipment combinations will trigger reductions.

Last time i checked it there was only one distinction between the engines and it was depending on it's origin: Gallia or Sirius. As far as i am concerned engines do not affect the techcell otherwise.
That is correct!
Thanks for the answers so far. I did mess the ship I bought in that it's an Avenger not a Guardian.
I tried ensuring I had the faction ID for the ship and purchased the Liberty Navy ID and mounted it , launched the ship and got the message about incompatible hardware and power was now running at 10%, so that was worse yet. Docked and remounted the Freelancer ID, launched and am back up to 75% power.

Current loadout of the ship, in order of listing:

Scythe MkI
Scythe MkI
Death's Hand MkIV
Death's Hand MkIV
Vengeance MkIV
Adv. Debilitator Turret MkI
Sidewinder Missile
Ripper Mine
Silencer CM dropper

ADV Champion H.F. Shield (Class 10)
Thruster

XV-440 Engine MkI (Class 2)
Advanced Deep Scanner
Liberty Navy ID (Not mounted)
Freelancer ID (Mounted)
Nanobots
Shield Battery

Completely baffled as to why I'm only getting 75%, unless that is normal?
Your ID and ship are conflicting. Guns might be as well.
Death's Hands are not Liberty Navy guns. They are produced by the Order, enemies of the LN. Thus their tech is not available to the LN, so if you have an LN ID, you will have 10% power with Order equipment. Idk about Scythes, though. You get 75% with a FL ID because LN tech is not entirely available to freelancers.

By the way, it is against the rules to carry more than one ID, unless they are the same.

A possibly useful link: http://lh.discoverygc.com/software/compatibility
(06-14-2019, 07:14 PM)Catspaws69 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answers so far. I did mess the ship I bought in that it's an Avenger not a Guardian.
I tried ensuring I had the faction ID for the ship and purchased the Liberty Navy ID and mounted it , launched the ship and got the message about incompatible hardware and power was now running at 10%, so that was worse yet. Docked and remounted the Freelancer ID, launched and am back up to 75% power.

Current loadout of the ship, in order of listing:

Scythe MkI
Scythe MkI
Death's Hand MkIV
Death's Hand MkIV
Vengeance MkIV
Adv. Debilitator Turret MkI
Sidewinder Missile
Ripper Mine
Silencer CM dropper

ADV Champion H.F. Shield (Class 10)
Thruster

XV-440 Engine MkI (Class 2)
Advanced Deep Scanner
Liberty Navy ID (Not mounted)
Freelancer ID (Mounted)
Nanobots
Shield Battery

Completely baffled as to why I'm only getting 75%, unless that is normal?

That's normal, Freelancers have 75% on the most faction-specific tech. Again, refer to the Mactan Network (the link was already provided twice) prior to setting up ships to avoid such confusion.
Thanks for the answers.

Swapped engine from the XV to the CTX and got rid of the Death's Hand guns and put on Garrand's and no longer getting the 75% warning! Very happy!

Also thank you for the tip about the 2 ID's, am new to this mod and wasn't aware of that so will get rid of one of them.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2