Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nuclear mine balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Greetings FL community.

People often complain how fights out of conneticut are dictated by the one who can utilize nucler mines better. Mine trapping is also known techique that is vastly overused. Therefore it is not my place to judge the Nmine or vouch for it. My intention is only to bring this mine to discussion of the players and devs and to either do something with it or leave it the way it is.

Currently the mine has the following stats:

Hull damage=17000
Shield damage=8500
Speed=60 m/s
Explosion radius=64 meters

Now this has some bad things draging with it. First: NO ONE wants to fly Light fighters because they are subjects to instadeath (flying in to mine in group fights or mineram ect.).
Second: People who didnt really train snub combat relly solo on mines to compensate for their lack of aim or training in general.
Third: Heavy Fighters are also prone to dying due to nuclear mine since most of them have less than 21000 HP.

Now bear with me because i know what most of you will think. LF's and HF's shouldnt fly in to mines, right?? Well the same was said for the way b4 SNAC, right???

People who are xceptionally trained in mine trapping will make easy mince meat out of all LF's and 90% of HF's.
It doesnt sound balanced to me, but im less important here. The imortant thing is, what do ALL OF YOU as a community think.

Now, if you were to leave it as it is in all respect but nerf its damage to:

15000/7500

or:

14000/7000

you will definitelly do two things:
1st: I guarantee you will see more people using LF's and
2nd: Yoou will see more people rellying on more diverse gun and missle usage plus more overall training

Thank you for reading this my fellow Freelancers and PVP whores, traders and Role players, i hope it wasnt too boring and i wish you all safe flight........at least until you run in to a Nuclear mine ))))
I really don't want to see more people using LFs so I'm alreay not liking this.
LF's aren't fun to fight regardless. The only real way to yeet them out of space is with mines, unless you're Meph or Wesker. Mine traps exist for a reason.
I approve everything that buffs my favourite ship class, just to see other people not wanting to fight my Feuerball LFs.
Nuclear mines have always been too strong. Should've been nerfed ages ago.

Now? No point changing them, really. For light fighters in particular, if you're flying one then the obvious tradeoff is survivability for speed. That's balance.
Nuke Mines are good as they are, maybe the amount you can carry is a bit much.
Delete LFs as a class as no one flies them and no one wants to fight them, well, delete HFs too, oh and delete missiles as well, everyone should fly VHFs (:
No LF, no SHF. no freighters... What is next?
Let's all fly Eagles with no-energy Nom guns.

But for real, as an LF user, I think Nukes are good as they are, no need to change much.
Only changes I think are remotely necessary are:

1) Potentially make LFs max speed somewhere around 225 or 235. Whether that's done through bumping Impulse or Thrust capacity is a separate decision (with a potentially faster thrust drain by reducing their Thrust Recharge Rate to 80 or so)

2) Make Nuclear mines so that they go further behind the ship launching them so limit/remove the "forward nuke" 'technique' which tbh is really just a gimmick. That way there is a trade off between raw Damage vs capability. Ripper could still be used for forward nuking but you sacrifice raw damage for that capability.
Pages: 1 2 3 4