Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PC/Monitor/GPU Being Weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I turned on my machine this evening to find that my primary 1080p 144hz monitor could not detect an input via DisplayPort. I use a second 60hz 1080p monitor in portrait on my left.
  • Everything was working fine yesterday
  • Yesterday I changed the PCI slot my GPU was in to improve airflow (it was in 4, moved it to 1). It was running fine without issues before and after this.
  • When plugged in via DisplayPort there is no incoming source from my GPU. The monitor turns on repeatedly only to inform me there is no input.
  • When plugged in via DisplayPort, in my Windows 10 display settings the monitor is there however my settings are locked to display only on my 60hz monitor, and I cannot extend the displays.
  • Both monitors display as 'Generic PnP Monitors'. I can't remember if they actually had branded entries before. They're ASUS monitors.
  • I've moved the graphics card between PCI slots again and this hasn't fixed it.
  • Whilst DisplayPort cables do not work (I have tried two, both are sufficient enough to output at 144hz) however HDMI cables and a DVI cable, with a DisplayPort Adapater going into my GPU, work to some extent - they are locked to 60Hz.
  • I have reinstalled my drivers several times, two clean reinstalls.
  • Previously I couldn't shift from 60hz at all, I'm somehow able to at least downgrade to 50Hz on my main monitor.
  • I couldn't output to 4k in either monitor previously, but I've somehow got that working again.
  • Graphically intensive applications seem to run just fine other than being stuck at 60hz.
  • I can't see any hardware setting on the monitor relating to refresh rate.

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 8GB
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE

I've checked Google and can only find problems that are loosely/vaguely similar to this but they don't really help. Please advise.
Lol reinstalled the drivers and it's stuck to 60hz again and I can't go down to 50hz anymore.
RTX cards have a disturbingly high mortality rate, unusually so for Nvidia. I'd recommend doing a full driver uninstall and clean out using DDU and then installing the newest drivers again. If that doesn't do it, it might be time to put through an RMA.
Found the issue and resolved it, but thanks.
[Image: wisdom_of_the_ancients.png]
(06-20-2019, 12:20 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ][Image: wisdom_of_the_ancients.png]

[Image: qhohqro.jpg]
[Image: D6YCkK8X4AANnqX.jpg]

i'm assuming the device information somehow corrupted itself after restart and completely disconnecting the monitor reset it, really bizarre otherwise as it was the last possible thing i thought could be causing the issue