Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dead Parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I noticed that like 70% of the chars around here got no parrents since they died to some diseases, got blown up, shot to pieces or just went missing in some .... nomad ... stuff.

Now boys and girls: You don't kill your parents! Thats bad! Killing parents is bad! alright? stop doing it! its bad!
We don't like parents?
Do it like me - I'm like one of the few people not to have their parents killed...

I think the reason is because most people are teenagers, the whole Parent Kid relationship goes down the drain from there most of the time : I suspect this is just a way of the Children getting back...
Actually my main viper character is the stepchild of my CR transport captain.

Hmm.. I guess you're right after all... his real parents -are- dead.:P
We Junkers have no parents. We reproduce by fission.

Really, I don't even think about parents when it comes to my characters.
Xeno's do it by cell division?
My Xenos has parents. My Zoner has (old) parents.

Really, only my BAF, Kiretsu, and OC don't. All my other characters still have parents.
Well mostly from what I have read so far: Those stories mentioning their character's parents getting killed, it's almost 90% related to some sort of vengeance.

Example: "My parents got killed by those Outcast bastards, now I spend my time hunting all of them down for their crimes!"

In my Corsair character story: Alejandro Castilla. Alejandro's mother dies, but that has nothing to do with any enemies only that she died to give birth to Alejandro. Not the key event for the build-up of my character nor does it really going to be something important in the story itself.
Parents don't typically come up in my characters' RPs. Personally, I hated childhood, so I just start most my chars at adulthood and just allow their past to be of some generality, vagueness, or mystery.

EDIT: Well, I did kill one parent I suppose. Chirs Edgecomb, the father of Abbey Edgecomb, killed himself after Intoxication left NPG all those months ago.
Since Corsairs just got mentioned:

You DONT eat your parents! Thats very bad, too! just don't eat them!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7