Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Codename weapon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings dear FL community. Since i have no laptop currently and cannot play this great game all i have is ideas Wink.
So i was thinking about the diversity of codename weapons and noticed we are mission a 5.88 one. Unles one was added in the past 2 weeks, then im totally wrong, xx

So here it is:

Name = ANUBIS
Speed = 700 m/s
Range = 499 m
Damage (hull/shield) = 434/217
Refire = 5.88
Energy usage per shot = 100

Name reason = Anubis. Anubis, also called Anpu, ancient Egyptian god of the dead, represented by a jackal or the figure of a man with the head of a jackal. In the Early Dynastic period and the Old Kingdom, he enjoyed a preeminent (though not exclusive) position as lord of the dead, but he was later overshadowed by Osiris

Speed reason = Most if not all 6.67 and 5.88 guns have this speed and believe this would be good balance wise

Range reason = Now this one is tricky because most weapons have above 600 meters range. The reoning behind this suggestion is to make it viable vs fighters and other snubs but not so useful vs gb's, freighters and transports. However it will still be useful in close combat, but you wont attack a Dulzian chainfiring transport with it

Damage reason = Simply put, lets make it good and lets make it interesting by being the second most damaging 5.88 in game aside from the Maquis one

Refire reson = Does this need a reason other than, THE FIRST 5.88 CODEWEAPON?? Smile

Energy usage reason = Now being a stron weapon as it is we dont want people firing this at an enemy til Christmass.
5.88 X 100 = 588/second X 4 of them on average = 2352/second. The numbers are not small and they shouldnt be. You will not spray and pray with this loadout

Again, thank you for your time and i most wellcome your imput, because remember this. YOU the players are the most important component of this extremely fun game Smile
Thank you dear FL community for all of your imput Smile
Last time I asked, the reason we don't have codeguns with higher refire is so people don't always use them ( since Codeguns tend to be /should in theory be better than any buyable counterpart) over the normal weapons

Looks like a 5.88 either way, nothing too good or bad, but nothing outstanding either
There was no feedback because it's not really interesting. It's nothing really new. You didn't make an effect or suggest something novel.
Another flat boring weapon. Low range, high energy consumption. Why would i pick it over the most of the faction 5.88s?
just get your ass a wraith and shotgun