Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Is Dying, Slowly, Help It Do Your Part!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, Guys Many Of You Dont Even Know Who i Am, Cuz i was player back in 2011 when i first Discovered Freelancer, i instantly Fell in love with the game,then i discovered the discovery Freelancer mod and other mods but i loved discovery and Crossfire mod ,i mostly played on discovery back in 2011 to few years ,and then have to leave it cuz of real life issues and stuff, but i never forget it, i always loved to see people making new stuff and things out of freelancer and loved the game and community. Smile
now i logged in after 4 years i guess, (but still remembered the password , now u see how much i loved freelancer and disco)
But we all knew Freelancer was dying slowly, and i really dont want it, so i started a page on facebook (The facebook page) to help it getting more people interested in the game and discovery in general, i couldnt give time but i created the page so atleast i can give back in return of good time i had in game and on mods and servers like discovery, always promoting things related to freelancer on the fb page to bring more people in, and i glad i was successful, many people get intrested, but i also observe time to time that how many players are online in game now a days, but i never saw people more then 50-70 at a time, by the time i started on disco in 2011 there were always around 200+ people on servers and was such a fun experience for everyone, so its bad see all this dying slowly.
today i made this thread for true lovers of freelancer to promote freelancer and disco and other mods in social media what ever you can, do your part and return some thing to this so loved game that gave u so much fun in these years, i know none of who loved the game wanna see it dead. So do your part guys and lets make it happen again and to reach 200+ people playing game same time on server. Thanks alot guys , See you in space, Enjoy The Game.
Only natural really. The game is 16 years old. Even though there's never been an alternative game made really, this game will eventually die. Still the lack of game community and promotion makes it worse. So good on you, I guess.

I don't use Facebook though so sorry, can't help.
kthxbye
Sombs, those are epic Smile
I liek it. Does it support multiplayer pew pew?
Talks about reviving Disco.
Logs in after 4 years.

I am normally not the person to start this but...
Best way to revive it is to play.
killing freelancer will be the ultimate and final blue message i shall acquire
We're all doomed!
This game has already died. There are only communities like this that keep it supported, but as it's pretty old, it doesn't have much life left on it. and people that play it for a long time eventually get completely bored of it and want to move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4