Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: *MR| - Republica de Malta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[Image: udzqkql.png]
Republica de Malta

Official Faction Request
500mil on *MR|Barcelona

The Maltese Republic (Officially: La República Democrática de Malta Libre y Unificada) is the organized term for the self-declared micro-house of Maltese citizens claiming to represent the Maltese government-in-exile. Originally declared in 823 A.S., and combating the old defunct National Council, the Republic has since claimed leadership of the Maltese people, citing articles of questionable age that support their stance as the legitimate government of Malta. For the years since their establishment after the fall of the original 72nd Fleet, the Republic has since coordinated rather openly with the IMG, Hellfire Legion and, most notably, Crayter.

The Republic is currently in collaboration with their allies and staking a growing military claim over several outlying Maltese assets such as Cali Base and Ruiz. They openly engage and coordinate against the Gallic Royal Enclave, the Core, and any Maltese forces that oppose their goals.

LINKS

[Image: 6D4bdWi.png][Image: DNaPl9a.png][Image: 5x0Ou9a.png]
[Image: C4KViHB.png][Image: GgcI9Dj.png][Image: tAdHoyT.png]
[Image: 4uJd6vK.png][Image: kS3wGHA.png][Image: zyw2EzA.png]
[Image: 5wCXXsv.png][Image: PNMCxCK.png][Image: EjMKE2J.png][Image: ziC6qpp.png][Image: z9UDmL8.png]

PROPOSED ID
TECHCELLS AND REPHACKS
Money taken, added to Tracker.

Good luck
I actually like the design and elaboration of each aspect and the only suggestion I have is actually changing your name. As far as I see, your micro-state doesn't represent the whole nation and a lot of people get confused by the name itself, considering the fact that Malta was supposed to be a republic anyways. Probably, change of name is something that will attract more people to your faction. I've probably elaborated this badly, so yeah... Sorry. But I hope, you've got the idea.
I get the idea, yeah, but the only thing I'd ask in return is if you had any particular suggestions.
The issue with the faction is that, while a name may be an issue, there's only so much that can be done without rewriting nearly everything.

Perhaps I'm taking this too literally, but changing the name seems like quite a stretch.
I might've gotten the wrong idea, though. If that's the case, then I apologize. I tend to do that from time to time.
So I'm pretty curious as to how you would justify being allied with Malta's biggest enemies after the Corsairs. You know, outside of sharing faction members. Considering what HF, IMG, and CR have done to the Outcasts, turning to them for allies and then trying to snatch control of Malta seems, uh, not a thing that would have any support. Kinda like Corsairs buddying up with RHA
I have to admit that the current position of IMG as a whole and it's leadership in particular regarding "friendly relations" with this particular faction is... undefined, and the roleplay behind it admittedly lacks consistency and is severely outdated, dating back to september 2016. based off a single handover of 12 rescued crew members and one positive encounter. It, maybe, was enough to impress Jack, but is not enough to impress me, not to mention any contact with the new leadership of the Guild was never made (i think, may be wrong.)

I would still strongly suggest to move the Guild down to neutral.

Otherwise - good luck.
I mean it's weird to have the concept of Outcast Zoners spreading peace and love while completely defeating Outcast lore and gameplay purpose at the same time. Guess people would have no question if it indeed had Zoner ID while faction would be Outcast based in lore. That would suit your gameplay and RP style much more.

(11-22-2019, 11:20 AM)Charo Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm pretty curious as to how you would justify being allied with Malta's biggest enemies after the Corsairs. You know, outside of sharing faction members. Considering what HF, IMG, and CR have done to the Outcasts, turning to them for allies and then trying to snatch control of Malta seems, uh, not a thing that would have any support. Kinda like Corsairs buddying up with RHA

I mean it's easy to explain with the fact of Spectre being CR and HF HC all along, now even leading CR. You write a justification for everything, look at all of the conspiracy theories on the internet, but things are easy to explain. Back in the day, it would be called a circlejerk, but here it's just one person in the room.

CR was made as Outcast antagonist, the arch-enemy. I am not a fan of CR as a thing, but that particular part made sense. Even though for the "TAU HOUSE" thing that we for some reason need, IMG growing would make more sense. Since we have GMG already. In any event, CR vs the Outcasts is one of the prime conflicts in the region, and there's no believable reason to have any sort of dealings, quit allying. It harms the common sense and gameplay and mainly caused by OORP reasoning to build up a pixel power.

Spectre writing all those characters is kind of interesting to watch, but at the same time, there's some questionable stuff going on.

Good luck I suppose.
I wasn't really sure how to phrase it all, but Sicicega saved me the effort. Gotta echo those concerns.
I can understand the concerns, and I am actively trying to avoid them. I will point out, though, that the vast majority of the build-up for relations between *MR| and CR/HF were done long before I was ever actually a part of either faction, let alone leading them or being part of their HC. Even the neutralization of relations with the IMG| was done without even being in ooRP contact with Jack, let alone being part of the IMG| itself, so I feel the issue is a little superfluous.
I do understand where you're coming from, though, and I am trying to prevent a.. 'single-man circlejerk'.
I do not bring up ooRP concerns here, especially ones that were possibly relevant three years ago, but if you insist - let u go with the fact there have been no such contact indeed. Not that it matters.
Let me quote the message for you:
(09-29-2016, 05:44 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]
Honourable Mr. Randall Marcato Santiago,

Under the terms you laid out, the Guild accepts the cease fire proposal put forward by the 72nd Fleet. I am having the message sent out to the Guild on how to treat 72nd vessels in the future.
And the definition of ceasefire:
Quote:A ceasefire (or truce), also spelled cease fire, is a temporary stoppage of a war in which each side agrees with the other to suspend aggressive actions. Ceasefires may be declared as part of a formal treaty, but they have also been called as part of an informal understanding between opposing forces.
So, here you have two options:
  • Make a formal contact with the IMG| so the current leadership was aware of your intetions and would consider them, weighing the opinions. Be prepared for a certain degree of transparency, as for them Republica de Malta is basically a blank page.
  • Move the Guild to the neutral section and leave it at it.

Whichever one you choose is up to you.

Edit: guess i should've checked on the infopage for changes first. Apologies. The suggestion of renovation of contact still stands, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13