Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question on role play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive read the rules in full and was wondering can pirates or outlaws use ships that are tagged as civillian, ie an outcast using the eagle.
ahh - yes and no....

some unlawfuls can, cause the eagle line is "their" shipline ( cuase they got no own ) - however, outcasts in that particular case already use the BW line ( which is civilian in a way, too ... or originally it was )

a bit history....

corsairs had been sanctioned for the use of civilian weapons ( debilitators ) - partly, cause there is hardly a place they can get them without docking ooRP, and partly, cause they have their own shieldbusters.

when you put it that way - an outcast has his own shipline but yes, he could get an eagle from many places tht he can dock with at least.

then there is the roleplay aspect.

not so sure about the outcasts.... but the corsairs ( to take this side ) are a proud people. - they do not WANT to fly an eagle ( remember, chars do not know stats ) - they are so proud on their titan and their ships that they d never use anything else... it would be near blasphemy.

edit: its different for each faction. - blood dragons fly their own ships, cuase they are proud on them, too. the ships are heirlooms with much more value than the ship alone. - at the same time rogues would probably fly an eagle - they are ( originally - that is NOT what they represent now on disco ) rather petty criminals that make a coin where they can. - and they d give a damn about their "own" ships if a fancy eagle is so readily available.
Well I am an outcast and before I left this game many years ago I grew to love the eagle.

Is it possible from a RP prospective that I stole a civilian ship as mine was destroyed for example?
a simple story of theft is usually frowned upon. - but you can make such a simple story quite exciting, too. - its funny... but ships are often less restricted than weapons.

i do not know how the rules are about that.... - but personally, i d not really feel very surprised to see an outcast in an eagle ... cause they don t "really" produce the BW line. - they use it only.

so they do not really have a ship they are so very attached to. - BW is borderworlds civilian, eagle is core civilian.

possible? - i think so

but then, its unfair a bit... cause i would feel surprised to see a corsair in an eagle. - i can reason that they shouldn t fly an eagle. - but from a balancing point of view, it d still be unfair.
Thanks for the tips, the sabre aint too bad I guess hehe

Even though the sabre is a BW ship, for example, a corsair in an eagle would be...odd really.

Sure the outcasts don't produce the BW shipline, yet the Sabre has been a more or less trademark of the outcast faction. Then again, if you'd replace the sabre on Malta with an arrow, all OCs would be flying one. People are lazy.