Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: News regarding the tournaments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Tournament will be delayed for two weeks

I am currently working out the RP of the Sirius Cyber Games with the assistance of a rather large team. The Games will feature the following disciplines:
  • 4on4 League for official factions only (ladder)
  • 1on1 Tournament free for all (KO-System)
  • Dublin Race
  • Connecticut Race
  • Sirius wide Freeport Rallye (Several Stages)
My team will also offer several Services:
  • Arms/Shields Dealer
  • Booker for Bets
  • InRP News Reports
  • Referees
  • Yard Bullies
  • Under-the-table Bribing for Rallyes
Changes to the tournaments:

Since the the new mod seems to be at hand (no sarcastic comments, please) and we won't hit the 8-teams mark for the 4on4, I will introduce the fallowing changes:
  • 4on4 Tournament will be turned into a League (Ladder)
  • All banns on Fighters/Bombers will be lifted for both competitions
  • All other bans on Weapons and IDs are STAYING
The Registration Phase will end on the 17th of March

The registration for the Combat Competitions are still running in the old threads in the events forum
Registration for the Racing Competitions will be opened within 3 days

The Games will begin at the 20th of March

The Team:

Von Gotteshand (Leading Organizer)
Derkylos ("SiC")
Balthazzar
Banza
Bloodsword
Drifter84
Kubotan

Any further ideas and suggestions are of course appreciated
Quote:All banns on Fighters/Bombers will be lifted for both competitions

Hoo-flipping-ray. Time to enter Zak for the 1v1 tourney, then.
' Wrote:Hoo-flipping-ray. Time to enter Zak for the 1v1 tourney, then.

Please use the respective threads in the Events Forum to do so, sir.
' Wrote:Please use the respective threads in the Events Forum to do so, sir.

But of course, sir. Merely expressing my joy at being allowed to fly my Stinger!
' Wrote:[*]Connecticut Race

In the minefield racetrack I believe? Cause that one is many times better than that boring ring circle.

Quote:[*]Codenames will be banned from the 4on4 league

This seems very strange to me, since codenames are above all strong in 1vs1, in 4vs4 they are not really that good.

' Wrote:This seems very strange to me, since codenames are above all strong in 1vs1, in 4vs4 they are not really that good.

Someone from the balancing team asked for the ban, so people would stick to their 9s rather than using codenames. Personally, I actually have no problem with allowing them in 4on4s, too. Your call, basically.

' Wrote:In the minefield racetrack I believe? Cause that one is many times better than that boring ring circle.

Hm - I haven't thought much about the races yet - but thanks for the idea - I'll take a close look rather soonish
' Wrote:Someone from the balancing team asked for the ban, so people would stick to their 9s rather than using codenames. Personally, I actually have no problem with allowing them in 4on4s, too. Your call, basically.

They can offer and advantage 1vs1, but 4vs4 they are well balanced with lvl 9s. Since with those lvl9s you actually hit for a change.

Instead you should ban nomad blasters/cannons from both.

---------
The "minefield" race track is from the Blue station in Connecticut, follow the boys.
I'll take the codies from the banned list then.

Nomad stuff is and stays banned, of course.