Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Underspace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Someone has decided to make what is essentially a Freelancer mod taking other mods' assets, and monetize it. It's up on steam and all.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pas...ce?lang=es

I can't even.

hello yes this is iber
Yeah, it feels like Crossfire with additional alien stuff.

Also, hi iber.
And he still couldn't make vertical "Trade lanes"? Jeeeez.
It looks... stupid. - I've already flagged it on steam and I've noticed that under where it says controller support, there's a new line I've never seen before; 'Steam is learning about this game' ... Interesting.
Looks like an outright copypaste in a better wrapping.
Oh yeah looks terrible! I'm sure we couldn't learn anything cool from that lol
I watched the videos and the screenshots.
Why does it look like a cartoon game? I think something was stol.. ehm.. taken as a template from Mario Kart.
The voice I heard is terrible too.
I tried the demo and it's optimized like shit, which prevented me from enjoying it.

Also, just so everyone knows, it was made by one of the creators of /v/lancer, /v/'s server-mod for Freelancer. The same feeling is there, you know boss battles and a kind of comedic and surreal environment, though this one is slightly more serious and even has a Lovecraftian vibe to it.
Actually, there was some drama on The Starport some years ago between Pastaspace and some other fellows from /v/ and other users over some uncredited content from Disco and Crossfire in their mod.
The basic idea among that community is that both mods suck balls gameplay-wise, the only good stuff are basically the visual assets like ships and stuff.
First-Person Stellaris
(07-14-2019, 08:53 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]First-Person Stellaris

Extremely inaccurate.

Gameplay-wise, it is a virtual Freelancer clone, down to the trade lanes, flight model, commands and interface.
And Freelancer is meant to be played in "third person", with the visual behind the starship.
Pages: 1 2 3