Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RFP HQ and CC (Command Centre), What ship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, with the RFP HQ (HeadQuarters) and Command Centre what ships do you think they should fly?

Before voting please read the following:

The Command Centre is designed to be the centre of the RFPs operations, organizing offensive and defensive moves. It would probably make more sense to fly a ship that CAN fight, but it won't as we don't want to get it blown up in some crazy battle against 5 Corsair dreads raiding New Berlin.

The HQ is designed to be the centre of civilian transporting and other things, organizing cargo scans and regular transports. It would probably make more sense to fly a Luxury Liner, as I guess it just makes abit more sense.

Now, what do YOU think?
I'm basing my vote off FL SP where the president of Rhienland was in the Donou a Rhienland Cruiser.

So my vote is the Rhienland Cruiser.
D'oh, accidentally voted for the HQ to be in a liner instead of the CC being a liner.

EDIT@Above: That was ADMIRAL Shultzky, not the Chancellor. Also Rheinland doesn't have a President.
Voted other.

First off my take on Head Quarters: Both military and police are 'based' on planets and/or stations unless necessary due to some very specific deep space missions. Considering the mandate for the police (controlling civilians traffic and activities around planets and customs stations at the borders I can't really reconcile the idea of a moveable ship serving as Head Quarters, not even for the military during normal times.

For Command and Control I'd go along the same lines. These guys are flying to protect the civilians and to perform orbit customs-like operations, hardly the case for a war ship. I'd say coordination is made from the ground or done by the flight group commander. War ships such as a cruiser or a battleship's mandates are acting both as muscle and sure, as command hubs sometimes, but away from their bases, not right next to it (in orbit).

If you indeed must have something to act as a C&C, then pick something on the lines of a more conspicuous recoinassance/intelligence gathering vehicle, not a bleeping pwnmachine (not that the Rheinland Cruiser is actually anything close to that). I'd even say that a liner hardly performs. The Behemoth is so cool to act as such, it even has an antenna type thing on it. Have a modder make a special version of it (better armor, more punch and a meaner/more official looking). But that's just me.
believe it or not Gronath we already have benmouths as transports and a possible recon unit coming in soon (shared account).

but yeh, we do sorta agree and we will certainly take it into consideration. we might rename them "command unit-1" or "command unit-2" they are not meant to be massive control ships, meant to just be ships that take charge of the operation when needed.
' Wrote:Voted other.

First off my take on Head Quarters: Both military and police are 'based' on planets and/or stations unless necessary due to some very specific deep space missions. Considering the mandate for the police (controlling civilians traffic and activities around planets and customs stations at the borders I can't really reconcile the idea of a moveable ship serving as Head Quarters, not even for the military during normal times.

For Command and Control I'd go along the same lines. These guys are flying to protect the civilians and to perform orbit customs-like operations, hardly the case for a war ship. I'd say coordination is made from the ground or done by the flight group commander. War ships such as a cruiser or a battleship's mandates are acting both as muscle and sure, as command hubs sometimes, but away from their bases, not right next to it (in orbit).

If you indeed must have something to act as a C&C, then pick something on the lines of a more conspicuous recoinassance/intelligence gathering vehicle, not a bleeping pwnmachine (not that the Rheinland Cruiser is actually anything close to that). I'd even say that a liner hardly performs. The Behemoth is so cool to act as such, it even has an antenna type thing on it. Have a modder make a special version of it (better armor, more punch and a meaner/more official looking). But that's just me.

I actually agree with the Behemoth, i think that would do good for BOTH a HQ and a CC.

And the CC should keep moving along the trade lane paths, and the HQ should stay in orbit to manage traffic control.

But if as Arky says we are getting a recon ship then that would do much better i think.
' Wrote:I actually agree with the Behemoth, i think that would do good for BOTH a HQ and a CC.

And the CC should keep moving along the trade lane paths, and the HQ should stay in orbit to manage traffic control.
read my above post sheppy
Voted other. I'm agreeing with the above posts about the Behemoth. It's a large, well defended (turrets galore) vessel with a huge great satellite dish on one side and a large view window at the deck. The large cargo hold could easily be outfitted with all the modcons of crime detection and personnel organisation.

Also, it's smexy and cannot, in any way, be mistaken for a combat ship. Though you can give the odd fighter a kicking.
' Wrote:Also, it's smexy and cannot, in any way, be mistaken for a combat ship. Though you can give the odd fighter a kicking.

Odd fighter? You, sir, as sadly mistaken. The Behemoth is the most combat-viable transport in existence short of the Pirate Transport. It can give bombers a hard shake and any veteran fighter pilot more than a run for their money. Thumbs up all the way for the Behemoth (Even if I've already said it).
voted other...get a Prison Liner for BOTH.

It's tough, big, and can be "plush" in certain places while able to hold your prisoners in the ships. Most police headquarters i've been to are holding cells with offices...your HQ/CC should be the same.

don't ask how many I've been in.

PS.... You changed your avi, and I thought Dusty was in here posting.
Pages: 1 2