Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cant save on single player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just returned after a few years so Im a bit rusty with the game, roleplay and stuff so I wanted to play some single player first. The problem is when I save it and restart the game the saves are gone. Any help ?
In this mod impossible to make the save, as in the original Freelancer. Try typing a command in chat save "name", and then when you return - load "Name".

It seems to be how it works (I can be wrong, but the principle is the same).
Discovery Launcher deletes save games every time you use it.

Launch Freelancer through Freelancer.exe if you want to play Single Player. And keep backups of save files before using Discovery Launcher.
(07-16-2019, 09:54 AM)Liberty.In Wrote: [ -> ]In this mod impossible to make the save, as in the original Freelancer. Try typing a command in chat save "name", and then when you return - load "Name".

It seems to be how it works (I can be wrong, but the principle is the same).

Well, didnt really work. After restarting the game the save was gone.
(07-16-2019, 10:45 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Discovery Launcher deletes save games every time you use it.

Launch Freelancer through Freelancer.exe if you want to play Single Player. And keep backups of save files before using Discovery Launcher.

I see. Thanks.
(07-16-2019, 10:45 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Discovery Launcher deletes save games every time you use it.

If you launch Freelancer direct thru Freelancer.exe, you dont have the Disco worlds (eg. Gallic Sector etc...)
start disco exe start with new game copy the saves to the save map then quit to games main menu then click the load game then you can see your saves and load them.
(07-18-2019, 11:32 AM)Stokaztik Wrote: [ -> ]

If you launch Freelancer direct thru Freelancer.exe, you dont have the Disco worlds (eg. Gallic Sector etc...)

Boi was refering to the Freelancer.exe in the Discovery folder.