Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Poll] Caps & Snubs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So there's the age old debate of snubs versus caps, which people prefer, which people think is overpowered, and the arguments for and against each side being the way that everyone wants them to be.

While I fully expect this thread to turn into a debate about that and while I certainly have my own set of thoughts on it, the intent of this poll is to gather some actual statistics regarding what the community really feels about capital ships and snubs. Note that I'm not going to break these down into specific classes, as things are going to start getting very messy if I try to juggle anything more than that here. Most people who are adept at flying a fighter will have no issue hopping into a bomber, and the same is true with most capital classes.

Again, I fully expect this thread to get very heated, but please make an effort to keep it civil. This is just me trying to elucidate the community's real stance on things.
Fix the broken Falchion, thanks.
Snubs - WW1 slow dogfight with discrete strafing and CS aiming.
Caps - CS aiming with slower movements, pretending to be tactical enough.

If full serious, i have only one thing to say currently - GBs very disbalanced inside class. Mostly by bad consideration of model/arcs, which in this class mostly heavy affect performance.
(07-16-2019, 09:56 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Fix the broken Falchion, thanks.
Was fixed afaik

Remove 5 gunners.
Buff Taichi
Buff Wraith
Buff Greyhound
Buff Eagle
Buff Guardian
Buff Junker VHF
Buff RT
Buff Rabisu

Nerf Lhotse
Nerf Nepthys
Change Templar to not be so much better than Lynx
Caps shouldn't be able to touch snubs except bombers (in my ideal worlds you'd delete bombers but eh) and snubs shouldn't be able to touch caps

Alternatively make that already long forgotten idea a reality:
Snub shields have 95% damage reduction from cap guns except from gunboats because they were designed to be anti-snub or something whatever

Pleas

(07-16-2019, 10:06 AM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Remove 5 gunners.
Buff Taichi
Buff Wraith
Buff Greyhound
Buff Eagle
Buff Guardian
Buff Junker VHF
Buff RT
Buff Rabisu

Nerf Lhotse
Nerf Nepthys
Change Templar to not be so much better than Lynx

Quick thing: Templar is in no way shape or form "much better' than the Lynx please re-evaluate life
The Lynx is probably the most balanced ship in the game based on what its supposed to fight.

1: Give Wraith 6 guns and it magically turns from a ship with 0 firepower into a balanced ship.

2: Make Greyhound into the bomber and the Hyena into the VHF and then buff the Hyena.

3: If you buff the Guardian you need to buff everything else, the Guardian isn't supposed to fight Odins or Templars or whatever ships from conn; it's supposed to fight Sabres, Greyhounds(Hyenas isntead soon please), Lynxes and Eagles, which puts it in the same category as the Lynx: about as balanced as you can get for what it's supposed to fight.

And on the topic of 5 gunners (Wraith included if it MUST have 5 guns instead of 6), they could get 2 Light Fighter gun slots for the extra dps. Most already have a huge powercore that they can't use to its fullest extent. (example: Wraith has 12k core, 5 guns. As a point of reference, Sabre has 11k core and 7 guns.) If this happens though, please add more class 6s or just fix a few tiny details like turning the 4.00s into 700ms to match the VHF counterparts.

Oh, and if that happens to 5 gunners, if it were up to me I'd also give 4 gunners (like the Phantom, Gladiator) the same treatment, except they'd keep the 2nd CD slot and just have 5 regular VHF guns.

thanks for reminding me of this stuff lucas good lad
The only class I deem problematic are battlecruisers. Iirc there is no other shipclass that can outtank/outdps a higher shipclass.

Caps are providing area of denial, especially battleships. Snubs who stubbornly stay on a battlefield with snubs present earn the trouble they get from that. Snubs are fast enough to move out, and battleships can't even CD them, which should stay that way. If anything, cruisers and battlecruisers should either lose CDs or become only able to have limited, non-spammable long range wide-arc CDs to fight other caps.

I think the true issue is that snub people think they are entitled to receive the blue on other snubs and get angry whenever the other snub does anything that makes it harder, like hugging a station, shield-running, hugging capitals, etc. Meanwhile most capital players know what they sign up for when they log their capitals, especially battleship players: the only viable targets are what stays stubbornly on the battlefield.
Classes are pretty well balanced against each other honestly, I think they interact with each other mostly as intended.
The only class that wouldn't be broken by major buffs are sub-3000 cargo transports.
Also, where is variant - "I belive that each class should be utilised in accordance with current situation and tactical role"?
I was good in GBs, but I wasn't happy.
I'm bad in snubs, but I'm happy.
If here would be no caps, I wouldn't play at all.

Should I go see my doctor, or it's just Disco?
As far as in-universe logic goes, I've developed a growing distaste for anything smaller than a Freighter or SHF. Anything smaller doesn't make sense to me as an independent craft. Basically I find myself preferring EVE scaling over Freelancer.

But I don't fight often enough to comment on balance, and most of the time that I play these days I'm flying transports. So I can't really vote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6